/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with such advice?

Anwarica
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
:sl:
I made this post the other day in a wrong thread, so maybe it's a good idea to start a thread about it and check if you tried it before (I try it all the time).
It's about how to feel good in just few stages.
--------------
If you want to feel good, look at the others who have deeper troubles!
That's something that helps all the time .. you can begin thinking in stages like:
Someone who has all your troubles in addition he/she also has this:
- Lost his parents when he was a kid.
- Lost his parents when he was a kid as they were slaughtered in front of him.
- Lost all his family and he saw them slaughtered in front of him.
- Lost all his family and he saw them slaughtered in front of him and he suffers from hepatitis.
- Lost all his family and he saw them slaughtered in front of him and he suffers from many diseases.
- Lost all his family and he saw them slaughtered in front of him and he suffers from many diseases, he doesn't have any money to buy some food.
- Lost all his family and he saw them slaughtered in front of him and he suffers from many diseases, he doesn't have any money to buy some food and he's being tortured in jails.
- ............... And so on ..... >>

You might think it's imaginary, but it happens even in worse aspects .. there are people refusing to leave jail because they have no place to go and no food to eat, there are people who wish to die to have some rest from their diseases especially when their liver is deteriorated and no analgesics is allowed .. keep thinking this way, you will be sure that we're very very lucky. Alhumdolilah
---------------
:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I do agree with it. Snakelegs said in the other post otherwise, but i think as soon as the impact falls, than he is right, which is no, you dont think of anyone, excpet your pain. but i think after the first impact, and as life goes on, than i think that looking at other peoples misfourtunes may help one to be humble.

Woodrow
10-20-2007, 01:01 PM
It is an excellent lesson. but it is one to learn while a person is not suffering. to attempt to teach a person who is suffering about the pain of others is a very futile effort. Pain is relative, it is only felt by the person who is experiencing it. we can understand that other people feel pain, but we do not know how it actually affects them or to what degree they feel it. It does not lesson a chronic toothache for the person to know that somebody else has just broken a leg.

Yes, it is a good lesson, but it must be taught and learned before a person is experiencing pain. When we experience pain we are very individual and very self centered. we can not have empathy for the pains of others, unless we have learned that lesson before we are debilitated by pain.

Anwarica
10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
yes brother Woodrow, the person should be taught such pain first. Well, it doesn't have to be direct pain .. it can be something like a disability .. when I was a kid (7 years old), I used to think that blind people don't have lots of troubles .. so my parents blindfolded me for 24 hours where I didn't see the light .. I knew how horrible it is after that day. :)
When we fast, we are taught to feel how the poor people feel when they don't find something to eat .. it's one of the benefits of fasting in Ramadan .. All humans experienced fire burn at least once in their life, they can imagine people who suffered from advanced conditions such as the 3rd degree burn.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree with 'count your blessings' rather than 'thank whatever you worship or if you don't worship anything thank what you eat that you're not as bad as these guys'. The latter strikes me as a little bit of a creepy, almost supremacist mindset. I'm probably being way too cynical.

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anwarica
.. keep thinking this way, you will be sure that we're very very lucky. Alhumdolilah
---------------
:peace:
:ooh: :-\ Alhamdhulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.