/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen that billboard ad?

SUMMAYAH
10-20-2007, 06:12 PM
There's this perfume add on the billboards that I keep coming across which is a real disgrace. I won't describe it, but if you've seen it you'll know which one mean.
What I what to know is whats the best steps you can take if you have a problem with certain ad and you want to make an official complaint?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh. That one...

Contacting advertising standards would be the best bet - link.

SUMMAYAH
10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Jazakallah

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Oh. That one...

Contacting advertising standards would be the best bet - link.
Huh. what one?

Anyways never go out so i'll never know, should i be lookin' out for it :? ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
10-20-2007, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Huh. what one?

Anyways never go out so i'll never know, should i be lookin' out for it :? ;D
Trust me. You'll know.

'Abd al-Baari
10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
:sl:

when i first read this post i thought you meant a perfume add on the forum like at the top of the page and i was like theres no perfume ad....i had to read it 3 times before i understood what you mean :-[ ;D;D

Anyways i haven't seen so far...but being in a small twn i doubt i will...

Tania
10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
My curiosity :-[ Could you tell us how it looks the billboard :?

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
My curiosity :-[ Could you tell us how it looks the billboard :?
I doubt they will, now i wana go look at billboards, i feel SO left out :hmm:

Jokes, i'm sad but not thaaaat sad.

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 08:47 PM

Hold up dudes!
What ya all talking about ha:? Perfume on billboard, err no idea because i don't look at billboards :uhwhat
so sis Sumayya fill me in then, maybe p'm me it init ;D
ma'assalama

MaiCarInMtl
10-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm curious as to know which perfume ad this is. I don't see many billboard ads here (maybe it's not a huge thing in the area I live in).

You could possibly complain to the company/manufacturer itself, the billboard company or the city/town the billboard is posted in.

I know some people in California complained enough about an AshleyMadison ad that it was taken down (only to have an even worse one be put up later on though).

I often find advertisers go a bit overboard. I find the worst ones are designer/jean ads with half-naked 15 year olf girls looking like they haven't eaten in a few weeks and are on coke (no, not the drink). It really makes me sad to think that people find this attractive or want to be like this. :(

Malaikah
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM

I'm assuming this has something to do with exploitation of women...

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Salamualikum.

I still have no idea what ya'll chatting about man :embarrass:cry:

:w:

sevgi
10-22-2007, 01:45 PM
some billboards or bus stop ads round here are so disgudting u cant even look at em.and sometimes ur like catching a bus with ur guy frends, or u bump in to them or something and u cant help but catch them accidentally glimpse at it...every two seconds...and ur like..."i feel sorry for him" in ur head. i hate it! as girls, we arent affected so its sort of doesnt click that ur looking at something bad sometimes coz its so normal now..you see it and then ur like...'oh crap...its haraam for me too...'

so akward.i really despise that sort of thing.i mean...its the same case with commercials and everything...you cant watch a g rated film without seeing ten m or r rated commericals...its disturbing.

Mysterious Uk
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Is the billboard of a certain singer who has a new perfume out?

MaiCarInMtl
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Ths suspense is killing me!

Can someone please tell me what ad this is? Otherwise, I cannot give an opinion! I must give my opinion! ;)

Muezzin
10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
Is the billboard of a certain singer who has a new perfume out?
Nah.

format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
Ths suspense is killing me!

Can someone please tell me what ad this is? Otherwise, I cannot give an opinion! I must give my opinion! ;)
It features a lady, a mirror and a distinct lack of clothing.

Whatsthepoint
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
It features a lady, a mirror and a distinct lack of clothing.
Yeah, that's what perfume advertizing's all about. You cannot advertize the smell, can you?

I have no problem with adds like this and I gather neither does the girl on the bilboard; she was not forced into it, she earned a lot of money, she's become more recognizible in the fashion world...and the add apparently works - it draws attention. There's even a topic about it in an islamic forum.

Karina
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I think it's beautiful! Controversial maybe, but true.... *shrugs*

Muezzin
10-22-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Yeah, that's what perfume advertizing's all about. You cannot advertize the smell, can you?

I have no problem with adds like this and I gather neither does the girl on the bilboard; she was not forced into it, she earned a lot of money, she's become more recognizible in the fashion world...and the add apparently works - it draws attention. There's even a topic about it in an islamic forum.
Aye, but if they're courting controversy, there's nothing to cry over if someone decides to contact adversting standards over it. :)

Whatsthepoint
10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Aye, but if they're courting controversy, there's nothing to cry over if someone decides to contact adversting standards over it. :)
I think artistic (semi)nudity is no longer contraversial, at least in the west.
However, it still draws attention and it will as long as there are humans around.

Karina
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
After all there's a fine line between tasteful and tasteless.

And like I said, as an ameteur photographer myself, I find it quite beautiful as far as a life portrait goes.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
All you need is some pain and some sponge balls

strider
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Oh, i know the one you are talking about but i can't for the life of me recall the brand.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
I think the ad has become more popular with this thread

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I think the ad has become more popular with this thread
Agree.

If the subject is bad then lets bunk the thread ? No point to waste time when some don't know what ya talking about and some do. :zip:

MaiCarInMtl
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, I can't give my opinion as I've been looking online for too long now trying to find a perfume ad with a mirror and a woman.

The only thing I've found is a YSL ad (and there are also 2 men in the ad). So unless someone wants o PM me with the brand... Well I guess I just won't know then.

Malaikah
10-22-2007, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
And she is aiding the destruction of young girls who think they are worthless if they aren't stick figures, who unfortunately end up anorexic or bulimic, with low self esteem and don't realise that you don't need to be dressed like you want to seduce ever other man who walks past you to have self-worth.^o)

But hey that is freedom for you isn't it? Do what you want and don't care about how it effects society. :heated:

SATalha
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
And she is aiding the destruction of young girls who think they are worthless if they aren't stick figures, who unfortunately end up anorexic or bulimic, with low self esteem and don't realise that you don't need to be dressed like you want to seduce ever other man who walks past you to have self-worth.^o)

But hey that is freedom for you isn't it? Do what you want and don't care about how it effects society. :heated:
Could'nt of put it better my self.

Muezzin
10-23-2007, 07:48 AM
This thread seems to have served its purpose. The original poster wanted a means to complain. Some agreed with her. Others disagreed and have expressed themselves.

There isn't really anywhere else for this thread to go, so I'm closing it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.