/* */

PDA

View Full Version : forgiveness?

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 09:36 PM
How do we ask to be forgiven? And do we know if we have been forgiven?..thanks :confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Salamualikum.

We pray to Allaah and ask for forgivness.

Allaah knows that, thats the point we should always ask for forgivness.

Allaah knows best

Ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
i think this is a complicated question..how exactly do u ask for forgiveness? or ne thing else? when you ask for something is there a certain way that you should place your hands or something? thx

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
i think this is a complicated question..how exactly do u ask for forgiveness? or ne thing else? when you ask for something is there a certain way that you should place your hands or something? thx
:sl:

Well what i do is, sit in a room were nobody is there. I cuff my hands and sit facing Qibla and beg Allaah to forgive me. I say my Dua'ah in english.

'oh Allaah forgive me for my wrong doings, Oh Allaah lead me to the right path......' (very long dua'ah it is i read) and then at end i say 'Amin' and i be in tears just how little heart i've got. :uhwhat

ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

Well what i do is, sit in a room were nobody is there. I cuff my hands and sit facing Qibla and beg Allaah to forgive me. I say my Dua'ah in english.

'oh Allaah forgive me for my wrong doings, Oh Allaah lead me to the right path......' (very long dua'ah it is i read) and then at end i say 'Amin' and i be in tears just how little heart i've got. :uhwhat

ma'assalama
im sorry i dont understand..what do u mean be in tears at how little heart..? :cry:

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 10:09 PM
im sorry i dont understand..what do u mean be in tears at how little heart..? :cry:
Lol. im saying i be in tears when reading ma dua'ah cause i have a little heart meaning im very very sensitive.
ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:11 PM
ah ok i understand now :) mashallah kittygal, u seem very dedicated to islam :)

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 10:15 PM
ah ok i understand now :) mashallah kittygal, u seem very dedicated to islam :)

Kittygyal*

Indeed i do, come to Islam.. so should take more notice of it and understand more of the beautiful religion. :) *Im getting there sister and you are aswel, we will get there insha'Allaah*

Ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

Kittygyal*

Indeed i do, come to Islam.. so should take more notice of it and understand more of the beautiful religion. :) *Im getting there sister and you are aswel, we will get there insha'Allaah*

Ma'assalama
I already came to islam..a year ago :) i just ask alot of questions as there are so many things i need to know :(...i wish inshallah to know everything about islam.

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
I already came to islam..a year ago :) i just ask alot of questions as there are so many things i need to know :(...i wish inshallah to know everything about islam.
I know you have sister, Im saying insha'Allaah we will know everything :zip:

I g2g now sister, so take care and be good.

Need help ASK.

ma'assalama

Umm Abdullaah
10-20-2007, 10:54 PM
How do we ask to be forgiven? And do we know if we have been forgiven?..thanks :confused:
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: "The master of invocations for forgiveness is that the servant says:
'Allãhumma 'anta rabbee, lã 'ilãha 'illã 'anta, khalaqtanee, wa 'anã `abduka, wa 'anã `alã `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, 'a`outhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, 'aboo'u laka bini`matika 'alayya, wa 'aboo'u bithambee, faghfirlee fa'innahu lã yaghfiru 'aththunooba 'illã 'anta.

O' my 'ilãh You are my Lord, there is no 'ilãh but You. You created me, and I am your bondservant, and I will stick to my covenant and promise [of faith and sincere obedience] to You, as to my ability. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done, I acknowledge, to You, your bounties upon me, and I acknowledge, to You, my sin. Thus forgive me, for none forgives sins except You.

Whoever says this as he enters upon evening, then, dies that night, he would enter Paradise; and if one says this as he enters upon morning, then, dies that day, he would enter Paradise". [Al-Bukhari]

read the rest here inshaAllah;

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=440

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 11:04 PM
thank you for the help and the website link :)

.: Jannati :.
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abdullaah
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: "The master of invocations for forgiveness is that the servant says:
'Allãhumma 'anta rabbee, lã 'ilãha 'illã 'anta, khalaqtanee, wa 'anã `abduka, wa 'anã `alã `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, 'a`outhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, 'aboo'u laka bini`matika 'alayya, wa 'aboo'u bithambee, faghfirlee fa'innahu lã yaghfiru 'aththunooba 'illã 'anta.

O' my 'ilãh You are my Lord, there is no 'ilãh but You. You created me, and I am your bondservant, and I will stick to my covenant and promise [of faith and sincere obedience] to You, as to my ability. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done, I acknowledge, to You, your bounties upon me, and I acknowledge, to You, my sin. Thus forgive me, for none forgives sins except You.

Whoever says this as he enters upon evening, then, dies that night, he would enter Paradise; and if one says this as he enters upon morning, then, dies that day, he would enter Paradise". [Al-Bukhari]

read the rest here inshaAllah;

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=440

^ masha'Allah a beneficial source, also I guess sis Kittygyal has answered your Question but would just like to add, sis if you seek forgiveness from Allah..then one way of knowing that it has been accepted, is that you don't commit the same sin again, as indeed Allah promises to forgive us if we're sincere in repentance insha'Allah

"Allah has promised to those who believe and do good deeds (that) they shall have forgiveness and a mighty reward." (5:9)

another article:

The State of Repentance

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.