/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nails?

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Hello,

does anyone know the rules on nail polish? i have been told that it is haram because you cannot pray when you are wearing it. is this true? also has anyone heard of gel nails? its a fake nail that is placed in a salon and it doesnt come off for months..is this haram?

thank you :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
10-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Nail polish isn't haram although you need to remove it before each prayer so you can make wudu. Because the nail polish coats over the nail it is impossible for the water to reach the nail of the hand therefore the wudhu would not be accepted.

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...l%20polish

The same thing would be for gel/acrylic nails aswell, although you can't really take it off before every prayer so it would be considered haram because your wudhu would not be accepted and your prayers wouldnt be either.

Here is another view on fake nails http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...=eng&txt=nails

islamic_sister
10-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks but someone told me that what some people do is leave little gaps at the back of the nail (where the cuticle is)..so tht water can touch..?

S_87
10-21-2007, 10:34 AM
:sl:

water needs to touch the actual nails, leaving gaps doesnt acheive anything because the nail is still coated. how do they leave gaps though, they must be experts at applying it all neatly :hiding:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
they leave gaps when applying the fake nails at the back, and so i was told tht wot some women do so that the water does touch the actual nail..but i mean its only a part of it..does it count?

S_87
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM

no the water has to touch the nail properly

Caller الداعي
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
what is the daleel for this plz?

Abu Musab
10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
what is the daleel for this plz?
:w:

For the water having to touch the nails? Rahmah posted a fatwa from islamqa.com above about it.

*KB*
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Assalamualaykum

Nail polish isn't haram but I wouldn't recommend it becasue unless you have nailremover it can be very hard to take off as you have to remove it for Salah and really is there any point? Our nails are already pink thanks to the flesh lol. Sorry not a big fan of makeup.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Caller الداعي
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
i meant a daleel from the quran and hadith

S_87
10-23-2007, 08:19 PM

check this link out
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...l%20polish

Caller الداعي
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM
jazak allah khair amani....

MuslimahBarb
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:w:
Jazakallah Khair for this Sister! :D

Salam,
Barb

andrea44
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
you aren't even allowed to wear makeup? i mean- to the outside this may seem over doing it...

islamic
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
nail polish?
sister, where did you get this nail polish from? From where do you have the idea ? where have you seen this? just answer me for now this questions and I will inshAllah deal more about your ... let me say QUESTION!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.