/* */

PDA

View Full Version : covering.?

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Hello,

Once married, who are the people that we must cover in front of (sheila etc)? must we cover in front of the father in law? and the uncle? i have been told that there is no need. is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 12:25 PM
um...does anyone know the answer?

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Salamualikum.

Well a definate HELL NO infront ya boss :p

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
assalamu alaikum

sis its all the non mahrams... so anyone you can potentially marry you will have to cover up in front of. in other words before you even got married, whoever you would have covered up in front of you will have to cover up infront of after, this includes ur husbands brothers NOT father because yous husbands father becomes mahram to you after marriage i believe (IF IM WRONG PLEASE CORRECT)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
:sl:

You don't need to cover in front of the husbands dad. You do have to cover in front of the husbands brothers though.

islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
thanks, yea i was told the father in law was fine but wanted to check...the uncle is another one...what about that?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
^ his non-mahram sis, gotta cover up

islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
ok thanks for the help :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Edit. check this link out, inshallah

sadia faisal
11-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeh i heard that anyone who could possibly be married, u shud cover up in front of...

sadia faisal
11-23-2007, 04:10 PM
As in.. who you cud possibly marry

jouju
11-23-2007, 04:26 PM
pliz read suratul nuur verse 31

islamirama
11-26-2007, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jouju
pliz read suratul nuur verse 31
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.