/* */

PDA

View Full Version : .: The Quest For Allah's Mercy :.

.: Jannati :.
10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
.: The Quest For Allah's Mercy :.

It was narrated that in the days that Musa - alayhis salam - wandered with Bani Israaeel in the desert a grizzly drought befell them. Together, they all raised their hands towards the heavens praying for the blessed rain. Then, to the astonishment of Musa - alayhis salam - and all those watching, the few clouds that scattered the sky vanished, the heat scorched down, and the drought intensified.

It was revealed to Musa- alayhis salam - that there was a sinner amongst Bani Israaeel that had disobeyed Allah for more than 40 years of his life. “Let him separate himself from the congregation,” Allah told Musa- alayhis salam -. “Only then shall I shower you all with rain.”

Musa - alayhis salam - called out to the throngs of humanity, “There is a person amongst us who has disobeyed Allah for 40 years. Let him separate himself from the congregation and only then shall we be rescued from the drought.” That man, waited, looking left and right, hoping that someone else would step forward…but no one did. Sweat poured from his brow and he knew he was the one.

If he stayed amongst the congregation all would die of thirst; yet, if he stepped forward he would be humiliated for all eternity.

He raised his hands with sincerity he had never known before, with humility he had never tasted, tears poured on both cheeks, “O Allah, have mercy on me! O Allah, hide my sins! O Allah, forgive me!”

As Musa - alayhis salam - and Bani Israaeel awaited for the sinner to step forward, the clouds hugged the sky and the rain poured. Musa - alayhis salam - asked Allah Ta'ala, “O Allah, you blessed us with rain even though that sinner did not come forward.” And Allah Ta'ala replied, “O Musa, it is for the repentance of that very person that I blessed all of Bani Israaeel with water.”

Musa- alayhis salam - wanting to know who was this blessed man, asked, “Show him to me O Allah!” Allah Ta'ala replied, “O Musa, I hid his sins for 40 years. Do you think that after his repentance I shall expose him? ”

~ Muhammad Al Shareef

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.