/* */

PDA

View Full Version : advice for a friend

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 06:17 AM
:sl:
What adivce/comforting words do you give to someone who is afraid of The Day of judgement, to the extent of tears.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
10-21-2007, 12:30 PM
What adivce/comforting words do you give to someone who is afraid of The Day of judgement, to the extent of tears.
What would you wanna comfort someone who has fear of the day of judgment in their heart, that is the level where every Muslim should be at.

If it helps them stay away from sin than i think you should leave them and not try and help them to lose that fear.

That fear of day of judgment will probably grant them entry into jannah and you trying to remove it will probably end them up in Jahanum.

sevgi
10-21-2007, 12:38 PM
hmmmm

no advice here...

i think i dnt fear it enuf...

just remind them of Allahs mercy..and provide info abt our phrophets shefaat...

inshallah we will all be safe on that day and in the real world altogther.

MaiCarInMtl
10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Part of me fear the day of Judgement as I always wonder if I am doing the right thing, am I on the right path, etc? But I try to remind myself that my actions and intentions are good and that God truly knows what is in my heart. Those thoughts calm me and make me not worry about it so much. If your conscience is clear, you act morally, etc etc etc then I think part of the fear goes away.

I think I fear more the moments and events leading up to the day of judgement than the judgement itself. Just hearing the descriptions really scares me and makes me very sad.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Salamualikum.

i would say, just ask for forgivness from Allaah, stay on the right track and be a good muslim.

Allaah hu Alim.

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
she is not the one in need of advice... rather it is us..

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
true, but she dosn't know that. i need something like the virtues of this type of attitude.

Grace Seeker
10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
If one is walking in righteousness, one has nothing to fear, only to celebrate when the day of judgment arrives.

If one is not walking in righteusness, living in fear and tears is not going to change the result of that day, what will change it is to repent of one's sin and return to living in righteousness.

That's about as far as I can go as a Christian giving advice to a Muslim on this issue. If she were a Christian I would also be able to offer her words of hope and grace even for those who are imperfect in their righteousness, but who still earnestly seek God in their lives.

sadia faisal
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM
That is true, we shud all be at that level, we shud fear Allah and how we will have to pay for our sins on the Day of Judgement.

Also pray for Allah's mercy and for Allah to have mercy on the Ummah, Insha-Allah he will accept your/our dua's, for Allah is most kind most merciful...

truemuslim
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Pray all 5 prayers, and late night prayers. ask for allahs forgivness. Keep fearing that day, Allah will grant you jannah, inshallah, and stay away from anything haram

tigersabre
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
"Can you show me how you got to be like this so I can be the same way too?"

truemuslim
11-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Are you talking about how she got afraid of judgement day?

Noor 13
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
I also think that the fear of judgment day is something we all should have. It would keep us away from bad things and take us a step closer to Jannah inshAllah

qassy!
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I dont think you can really do anything, I think everyone should be scared of day of judgment, how can you not be scared?

Al-Zaara
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
That's about as far as I can go as a Christian giving advice to a Muslim on this issue. If she were a Christian I would also be able to offer her words of hope and grace even for those who are imperfect in their righteousness, but who still earnestly seek God in their lives.
Peace/Selam aleykum,

If she was a Christian? So you think that advice above wouldn't be possible to give from a Muslim (islamic perspective) to another Muslim?

Sister, let her come near her tears, but do remind her that no tears will make things easier for any believer, if not while you're crying you're still fighting to be the best Muslim one can be. Tears should not make you sit in a corner and cry and cry, and feel devestated, those are not the tears of a true believer. The tears should come from fighting and doin' one's best, reminding onself of God, the tears should help you get on with your struggle and not make you feel sorry for yourself, but to improve your situation. If that's the kind of tears she's near to, then don't worry about her, aslong as she continues doin' what she does, continues her life with love and fear for the Deen, and knowing the Day will come.

Grace Seeker
12-04-2007, 07:52 PM
If one is walking in righteousness, one has nothing to fear, only to celebrate when the day of judgment arrives.

If one is not walking in righteusness, living in fear and tears is not going to change the result of that day, what will change it is to repent of one's sin and return to living in righteousness.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Peace/Selam aleykum,

If she was a Christian? So you think that advice above wouldn't be possible to give from a Muslim (islamic perspective) to another Muslim?

Sister, let her come near her tears, but do remind her that no tears will make things easier for any believer, if not while you're crying you're still fighting to be the best Muslim one can be. Tears should not make you sit in a corner and cry and cry, and feel devestated, those are not the tears of a true believer. The tears should come from fighting and doin' one's best, reminding onself of God, the tears should help you get on with your struggle and not make you feel sorry for yourself, but to improve your situation. If that's the kind of tears she's near to, then don't worry about her, aslong as she continues doin' what she does, continues her life with love and fear for the Deen, and knowing the Day will come.

The hope I can offer is that of salvation and a promise of resurrection that comes through Christ. The grace I can offer is found in Christ. And all of this is available to anyone, even those who are imperfect so that they can look forward to and not fear the Day of Judgment. Terrible and awful though it might be, our confidence our hope is in the one to whom we have entrusted our lives knowing that he can and will preserve us for himself for all of eternity. I can share this good news with confidence to all who place their faith and trust in Christ Jesus so that they too can face the day of Judgment with joyful expectation rather than fear.

But what can I, a Christian, say to a Muslim that can offer that same hope. I really couldn't think of anything that was on par with the hope that I have in Jesus Christ. Even the Muslims posting here spoke of the Day of Judgment with a modicum of fear. But then I found this in your own writings, and so I share it:

Don't

Don't give up, it's not too late
We can still fix it, we can make it okay.

We had no clue, we weren't prepared
It was meant to be a secret,
closely guarded by every tear

Secrets must be held. If you give your word,
Don't turn the other cheek and tell.

Mistakes were made, but it's no too late
We can still fix it, we can make it okay.

I hope I've got God on my side,
You see I haven't forgotten -
Only God you can trust, Only Him you've got.

I made a mistake, They all had to pay
Wasn't my intention, Please,
Don't make them suffer for my sake.

Just let me fix this, Let us finally get away.
Summon the rain, summon away the pain.

Wash away our sins, have mercy,

Please,

Forgive.

What I see in this poem is a reminder. As a Muslim one can remember that Allah is gracious, forgives, washes away sins and offers you Janah as his gift to you for a life well-lived. Live your life well, be a true Muslim, submit to Allah, and you have these promises regarding the nature of Allah. Remain filled with respect and awe, but let his compassion alleviate your fears.

Al-Zaara
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
The hope I can offer is that of salvation and a promise of resurrection that comes through Christ. The grace I can offer is found in Christ. And all of this is available to anyone, even those who are imperfect so that they can look forward to and not fear the Day of Judgment. Terrible and awful though it might be, our confidence our hope is in the one to whom we have entrusted our lives knowing that he can and will preserve us for himself for all of eternity. I can share this good news with confidence to all who place their faith and trust in Christ Jesus so that they too can face the day of Judgment with joyful expectation rather than fear.
And I can ensure all of it, for those who put their faith and trust in Allah, the one and only God, so that they shall be one of the winners in the Hereafter, God willingly.

What I am sure you, my Christian friend, and also I as a Muslim, can agree on is that not loosing hope that good will come when you believe and fight for it. Right?

But what can I, a Christian, say to a Muslim that can offer that same hope. I really couldn't think of anything that was on par with the hope that I have in Jesus Christ. Even the Muslims posting here spoke of the Day of Judgment with a modicum of fear. But then I found this in your own writings, and so I share it:
What I see in this poem is a reminder. As a Muslim one can remember that Allah is gracious, forgives, washes away sins and offers you Janah as his gift to you for a life well-lived. Live your life well, be a true Muslim, submit to Allah, and you have these promises regarding the nature of Allah. Remain filled with respect and awe, but let his compassion alleviate your fears.
Exactly what was meant with it. =)

Not to be then offendive, but then maybe a Christian should not offer advice to a Muslim in an Islamic forum, who is concentrated in Islamic dawah. And this also vice versa, and in a forum with specific rules. Real life then again - Who can stop you? There are no rules.

May Allah grant your wishes come true! You are a very good person. Believe me, I really mean it.
(p.s. nah not offended about my poem, heck, really touched actually)

But now I have even forgotten what the thread was about hehe... Hope we didn't confuse anyone! I thank you for the discussion, Grace Seeker!

Grace Seeker
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
But now I have even forgotten what the thread was about hehe... Hope we didn't confuse anyone! I thank you for the discussion, Grace Seeker!
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
I think what the two of us together have been able to say, is that the emotion of being afraid (especially to the point of tears) belongs to those who don't trust in God/Allah. Those who know him, know that he is to be feared, but that we need not be afraid, for there is a difference.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.