/* */

PDA

View Full Version : missed fasts

AnonymousPoster
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM
salaamalakum bros and sisters

Ive missed some fasts is it obligatory for me to rekeep them? and i dont remember how many ive missed.

and i broke a few fasts because of desires...imsad does that mean i have to keep 60 fasts for every fast ive broken on purpose?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
^ yeah bro, 60 days, dont wry a lot of people gotta do it but its rare the people who actually DO do it... if you do it then may Allah reward you.

i wish you success bro, after the 60 days dont return to the sin again inshaAllah :)

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
no wayyyyyyyyy 60 days :(((((((((

so does that mean 60x the number of fasts ive broken?

and what happens if i dont keep 60?

do u have any sources bro

sevgi
10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ yeah bro, 60 days, dont wry a lot of people gotta do it but its rare the people who actually DO do it... if you do it then may Allah reward you.

i wish you success bro, after the 60 days dont return to the sin again inshaAllah :)

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah
i cant be bothered searching...

but hadnt we established that there were other options such as feeding poor ppl for 60days or sumthing of that direction?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
im too young to feed the poor lol i dont have no income

Pk_#2
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Pocket money? allowance from rents and that. Maybe that will be easier than fasting for 60 days inshaAllah,

May Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala) forgive you and make it easy for you. Ameen.

sevgi
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah,,,,

its 60 fasts per intentionally broken fast...

thats hard...

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
no wayyyyyyyyy 60 days :(((((((((

so does that mean 60x the number of fasts ive broken?

and what happens if i dont keep 60?

do u have any sources bro
looool haha nooooo brooo !!!

its just 60 for ALL OF THEM ;)

see how merciful Allah is :D

enjoy the 60 days, i kno i will :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
yeah,,,,

its 60 fasts per intentionally broken fast...

thats hard...
LOL NO !!

its 60 for ALL OF THEM, its just a form of "tauba" ie "i make the intention to NEVER DO THIS AGAIN and send forward the following sacrifice"

may Allah accept it..

sevgi
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
LOL NO !!

its 60 for ALL OF THEM, its just a form of "tauba" ie "i make the intention to NEVER DO THIS AGAIN and send forward the following sacrifice"

may Allah accept it..

u sure?

i thought i was sure...but u seem too sure...so maybe i'll bak down...

but make sure ur sure...this bro/sis depends on u now!!!:D

nebula
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
lol emm good luck bro

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 11:20 AM
the thing is i dont want my family to find out about this...
its not easy to give money to the poor coz im in london
and i dnt av a credit card that i can send money to different countries

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
the thing is i dont want my family to find out about this...
they dont hav to, lol just tell them ur fasting coz you wanna fast or something.

but try remember that whats most important is obeying Allah, if they must find out then dont let that stop you from making up for your sins inshaAllah. may Allah grant you jannah :D

u sure?

i thought i was sure...but u seem too sure...so maybe i'll bak down...

but make sure ur sure...this bro/sis depends on u now!!!
whoah talk about engraining doubt in ones mind :uuh: but yeah i double checked and im sure !!

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 11:26 AM
bro em do i have to keep 60 fasts in 1 go? or can i brake it down like 5 every week or something

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 11:31 AM
bro em do i have to keep 60 fasts in 1 go? or can i brake it down like 5 every week or something
yeah bro consecutive :uuh:

It is sinful and prohibited to fast on during the days of Eid. As such, fasting on such days would be deficient and would not fulfill the requirement of fasting 60 consecutive full fast, as mentioned by the scholars of the Hanafi school. [ref: al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya; Shurunbulali, Imdad al-Fattah Sharh Nur al-Idah p. 650; Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]

may Allah help us all !!!!

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
yeah bro consecutive :uuh:

may Allah help us all !!!!
sorry bro i dont undestand what u mean consecutive? didnt answer my question

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 11:49 AM
sorry bro i dont undestand what u mean consecutive? didnt answer my question
lol consecutive means gotta do it continuously without break..

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
im regreting it why did i break my fast!!!!! WHY! :'(:'(:'(

bro do i have to keep 60 fasts? cant i just repent?
what if i get my dad to donate some money to a mosque being built?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
im regreting it why did i break my fast!!!!! WHY! :'(:'(:'(

bro do i have to keep 60 fasts? cant i just repent?
bro its only 60 days, dont you think ur overexagerating? come on 60 days will fly by like nothing !!!

plus the days are getting shorter here in london, seriously bro its only 60 days, trust me you'll love it :D

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
LOL NO !!

may Allah accept it..
Hmmm first time i hear this too *rubeyes* do you have a fatwa or something? (i'm not doubting you btw, i'm just interested)

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
There's no Kaffara (60 fasts) if you miss your fasts (with or without reasons).
Kaffara is applicable only if you break a fast in ramadan without a shar'ee reason. And that's additional to the qadha for the fast. Better check any fatawa site that you trust for more info or contact a scholar personally.
Sadqa/Zakat money can't be given to mosque :) That's for poor.

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
im too young to feed the poor lol i dont have no income
How young exactly is 'young'? ?*scratch head*

10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
There's no Kaffara (60 fasts) if you miss your fasts (with or without reasons).
Kaffara is applicable only if you break a fast in ramadan without a shar'ee reason. And that's additional to the qadha for the fast. Better check any fatawa site that you trust for more info or contact a scholar personally.
Sadqa/Zakat money can't be given to mosque :) That's for poor.
Good post mashaAllah

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
im 16

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 01:18 PM
so do i have to keep 60 fasts then yeah?

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
salaamalakum bros and sisters

Ive missed some fasts is it obligatory for me to rekeep them? and i dont remember how many ive missed.

and i broke a few fasts because of desires...imsad does that mean i have to keep 60 fasts for every fast ive broken on purpose?
I forgot to ask, how did you break your fast? because the masaail differs depending on what you did to break your fast, for instance forcing yourself to vomit breaks your fast and you have to make qadha of it but not kaffarah.

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
il rather not say

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
the breaking of the fasts was intentional, and in this case the 60 days in a row is necessary...

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
the breaking of the fasts was intentional, and in this case the 60 days in a row is necessary...
The question isn't whether it was accidental/intentional, rather it's about reasons. If it was for like health reasons, someone feels they can't keep it till sunset and if they do that may effect their health badly, they CAN break the fast. And only single day qaza is required. Eating for no valid reason requires Kaffarah.
Even if someone masturbated during fasting, the fast is invalidated, but only a qadha is required, not Kaffarah. Sexual Intercourse calls for Kaffarah though.
1. A person broke his fast intentionally by eating, or drinking or intercourse on one day or many days in one Ramadhaan, then only one Kaffaarah is Waajib.

2. If he broke his fast intentionally by eating or drinking in different Ramadhans, then too only one Kaffaarah is Waajib

3. If he broke his fast intentionally by sexual intercourse in different Ramadhaan, then for each Ramadhan, a separate Kaffaarah has to be made. ()Aalamgiri)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
If it was for like health reasons, someone feels they can't keep it till sunset and if they do that may effect their health badly, they CAN break the fast. And only single day qaza is required. Eating for no valid reason requires Kaffarah.
this is unintentional, the brother doesnt DESIRE to break the fast rather he MUST for the sake of his health.

intentional is when you give in to your desires thus nullifying the fast..

islamirama
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
can you bring proof that it is 60days? only place i've heard such things is on pak websites and from pak people, and let's just say that i don't trust those resources too much.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Even if someone masturbated during fasting, the fast is invalidated, but only a qadha is required, not Kaffarah

^ subhanALlah i didnt know this :ooh: bro/sis is there any daleel at all for this? jazakAllahu khair

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
can you bring proof that it is 60days? only place i've heard such things is on pak websites and from pak people, and let's just say that i don't trust those resources too much.
its in ibn abidins radd al-muhtar, i read it in sunnipath. i would link you but guess why i cant :p

islamirama
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
its in ibn abidins radd al-muhtar, i read it in sunnipath. i would link you but guess why i cant :p
I wouldn't trust sunnipath too much :D

Sites not to trust

islamirama
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
The question isn't whether it was accidental/intentional, rather it's about reasons. If it was for like health reasons, someone feels they can't keep it till sunset and if they do that may effect their health badly, they CAN break the fast. And only single day qaza is required. Eating for no valid reason requires Kaffarah.
Even if someone masturbated during fasting, the fast is invalidated, but only a qadha is required, not Kaffarah. Sexual Intercourse calls for Kaffarah though.

Question:
A woman did not fast in Ramadaan for three days, with no excuse, rather she did that out of heedlessness. What is the ruling on that, and what does she have to do?.

So she must fast three days to make up for those days when she did not fast.

If she had intercourse during the day on those three days when she did not fast, she must also offer expiation (kafaarah) for that day as well as making up the fast. If she had intercourse on two days then she must offer two expiations, as well as making up two days.

The expiation is to free a slave; if that is not possible then she must fast for two consecutive months; if she is unable to do that then she must feed sixty poor persons from the local staple food.

She must also seek the forgiveness of Allaah and repent to Him; she must observe the fasts that Allaah has enjoined on her and sincerely resolve not to break her fast in Ramadaan again.

She must also feed one poor person for each of the three days because of her delay in making up the fasts until after the following Ramadaan.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=26866&ln=eng
search for more at www.islamqa.com

islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 05:38 PM
i was told that when you miss a fast and dont make it up before the next ramadan then it is as if you have never fasted ever and that none of ur future fasts will count...is this trrue??

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 05:46 PM
i maste****** does that mean i have to keep 60 fasts?????

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
What am i saying *smack head* that's the wrong kitaab, so can a mod or someone delete that above post of mine? :|

and for Ibn AbdulHakim
http://qa.**************/issue_view....=6855&CATE=170

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
My link got edited? ^o) the name sunni path is censored here ;D

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
i maste****** does that mean i have to keep 60 fasts?????
No, it means you only keep one fast for each day that you broke, and not 60 days.

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 06:24 PM
look bro can u just answer my question :S

dnt mean to sound rude :)

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
i was told that when you miss a fast and dont make it up before the next ramadan then it is as if you have never fasted ever and that none of ur future fasts will count...is this trrue??
Nope it's fake, someone quoted a fatwa in this thread (i think) about making qadha of missed fasts, and it was said that if a person misses one ramadhaan and then fasts the next ramadhaan and then refills the previous (missed) ramadhaan then it's fine and valid.

though of course it's better to have done it before the next ramadhaan.

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 06:32 PM
look bro can u just answer my question :S

dnt mean to sound rude :)
I just did answer your question, what part of it didn't you understand?

For doing what you did you only refill the day, not 60 days, but if you did it for 10 days then you have to refill 10 days.

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
ok bro thanks :D

and remember if ur info is wrong ill hold u accountable for it on the day of Qiyamah :D lol joking :D

Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
ok bro thanks :D

and remember if ur info is wrong ill hold u accountable for it on the day of Qiyamah :D lol joking :D
Actually if my info is wrong then i'll get one reward, and if it's right then i'll get two :D (even though i'm not the one who made the ijtihad i hope i'll still get the reward :|)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.