/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hip = Medication please!!

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
:sl:

Right, people i need some help man!

I woke up this morning and got a very bad sore hip man, it kills and this can't happen to the >Soulja_Gyal< :heated::cry:

anyone tell me what to do please :)?

Any medication.. ?

God bless ya

Ma'assalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
If you can, take a bath in some sea salt. Then alternate an ice pack for 15 minutes and a heating pad or hot towel for 15 minutes. You might have just slept on it wrong. After the pain goes away a bit try to stretch it out some.

'Abd al-Baari
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM

check this http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_5/193.shtml :)

Woodrow
10-22-2007, 02:12 PM

The only medication I would suggest would be ample application of any over the counter analgesic arthritis ointment such as Ben-Gay. If the pain is very severe or persists over a day contact an MD.

There are many possible causes for waking up with hip pain most are not serious and will respond to simple analgesic ointments.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Musab
10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
:w:

Take Paracetamol, it's the Asian cure for all :|

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
as long as its not sheer mind numbing pain i'd say walk it off, thats wat i normally do... but then again i do nutty stuff and i hate consulting doctors.

its up to you, taking the pain can be seen as a game :D

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
If you can, take a bath in some sea salt. Then alternate an ice pack for 15 minutes and a heating pad or hot towel for 15 minutes. You might have just slept on it wrong. After the pain goes away a bit try to stretch it out some.
Can i do that before i go asleep?

My nan used to tell me to do that and she always moans and tells me not to go out after this and always says 'You always play soccer, thats what ya get' :grumbling

tomtomsmom
10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Can i do that before i go asleep?

My nan used to tell me to do that and she always moans and tells me not to go out after this and always says 'You always play soccer, thats what ya get' :grumbling
Yes you can take the bath before bed. But I would go ahead and do the ice and heating pad now for the pain.

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

My shoe size are okay, Haven't been running on a hard surface but i do remember moving my hip around last night in the wrong direction. (You know that thing i told ya :exhausted)

Thanks for the link :)

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes you can take the bath before bed. But I would go ahead and do the ice and heating pad now for the pain.
I will be doing that right after my sister-in-Law gets out of shower and tell her to do it for me.

Do i lay in bath tho?

I'll let ya know the socre. :) Thanks sis

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab

I aint asian and not all the time Paracetomol does the bomb.
I wouldn't take tab's anyway. Never goes down.

tomtomsmom
10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
You can try that before or after the ice/heat.
Good luck sis, hope you feel better!

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
as long as its not sheer mind numbing pain i'd say walk it off, thats wat i normally do... but then again i do nutty stuff and i hate consulting doctors.

its up to you, taking the pain can be seen as a game :D

Not all the time it's a game because the bomb never seems to work at times.

Anywho i will try what sister Tomtom'smom told me and me Nan's insha'Allaah

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

The only medication I would suggest would be ample application of any over the counter analgesic arthritis ointment such as Ben-Gay. If the pain is very severe or persists over a day contact an MD.

There are many possible causes for waking up with hip pain most are not serious and will respond to simple analgesic ointments.

Shukran Nan.

I will give it a go insha'Allaah.

You see for abit it seems fine then within abit it gets worse. :cry:

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Salamualikum.

Thanks sis...

will give it a go inabit as sister-in-law is in shower.

once again thanks people

Now i have another question.

When i bend down or lets say pick something up from floor my legs make this noise... soo annoying.. it's like my bones are cracking... I also tend to get my knee caps very stiff when sitting on floor and then when i get up there sooo stiff. :cry:

^ Whats all that about? :offended:

Ma'assalama

tomtomsmom
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Salamualikum.

Thanks sis...

once again thanks people

When i bend down or lets say pick something up from floor my legs make this noise... soo annoying.. it's like my bones are cracking... I also tend to get my knee caps very stiff when sitting on floor and then when i get up there sooo stiff. :cry:

Ma'assalama
Lol it is called growing up. I pop like a bowl of cereal when i get off the floor. Try stretching everyday. That helps me.

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Lol it is called growing up. I pop like a bowl of cereal when i get off the floor. Try stretching everyday. That helps me.
Hi.

No im serious, it's like soo weird..

The doctors say drink more milk and i always have me milky before i go asleep.. warm milky knock it back... But soo weird since i've been drinking milk it's been happning more :uuh:

I do stretch alot man, I play soccer A LOT,table tennis and ya i do play belly dancing with me neice :embarrass

I stretch more than i should i think

Take care

nebula
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab

hahaha true say !!

my dads a doctor and no matter what pain i have my dad says take paracetamol or he says dont worry i get that pain all the time..

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
hahaha true say !!

my dads a doctor and no matter what pain i have my dad says take paracetamol or he says dont worry i get that pain all the time..

Oh maaaaaaan, I say this again im not asian. Remember im >Soulja_Gyal< and this can't happen to >Soulja_Gyal<. I knew it something as going to happen since Ummah crew came JOKE

tomtomsmom
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Sis it sounds like you have weak joints. It is common if females. There are over the counter natural meds that can help build up your joints. I would speak to my doctor to make sure they won't mess with any other medication you are on though!

Anwarica
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I think you should visit an orthopedist as you have to report a full medical history. Few items could change the diagnosis and the medication, for instance: age.
I stretch more than i should i think
That's one thing to learn from sports medicine: over stretching will hurt you .. not to mention, it won't be useful at all. :)

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Sis it sounds like you have weak joints. It is common if females. There are over the counter natural meds that can help build up your joints. I would speak to my doctor to make sure they won't mess with any other medication you are on though!
Hi.
Doctors sux, they give wrong medication to me always!

Will get in touch with them again if this goes even worse

Take care, once again thank you everyone

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anwarica
I think you should visit an orthopedist as you have to report a full medical history. Few items could change the diagnosis and the medication, for instance: age.
That's one thing to learn from sports medicine: over stretching will hurt you .. not to mention, it won't be useful at all. :)
edit

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
he said overstretching sis, yeah that can be dangerous, take it slow, i normally stretch till i feel pain but not too much and then keep it there, if you feel TOO MUCH your most likely doing more damage then good

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
he said overstretching sis, yeah that can be dangerous, take it slow, i normally stretch till i feel pain but not too much and then keep it there, if you feel TOO MUCH your most likely doing more damage then good

Oh ma bad sowiee, Well you know i don't realise if im doing over stretching or not.. the thing i realise is when i get the pain at night, but i can't miss my soccer (Football) hell no :enough!:
I try to keep it low, but i tend to get more pains even if i do.. If i don't play soccer i get pains aswel and if i do play soccer i still get pains..

Maybe it's ma bones that are weak..

Allaah hu alim.

Remember me in ya dua'ahs people please.

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
^ huh? whos saying dont play soccer??? lool soccer aint stretching! it just uses a lot of stamina (glucose/energy etc), it can be considered slightly stretching if you like doing nutty kicks and tricks but if its normal footie then no worries !

i meant when you do real stretching then dont exert too much pain on yourself, also do you shake it off? the pain i mean? lol i know it sounds silly but trust me not shaking off the pain could lead to uncomfiness!! (i gotta learn more vocab....)

and about weak bones, give it a rest sometimes... maybe your overactive?? lol

nebula
10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
sis u kno what u should do?

U should take cod liver oil tablets they help streghten joints and make them supple.

Ive been taking them because my joints used to hurt alot but they dnt hurt as much

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:12 PM

U should take cod liver oil tablets they help streghten joints and make them supple.

Ive been taking them because my joints used to hurt alot but they dnt hurt as much
OH YE!!! BRILLIANT ADVICE!!

sis my dad got me this aaages ago seriously its good! take it !!!

nebula
10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
your pain wont go away on the first day but gradually over 2-3weeks ull see a big difference in ur joint pains

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
^ huh? whos saying dont play soccer??? lool soccer aint stretching! it just uses a lot of stamina (glucose/energy etc), it can be considered slightly stretching if you like doing nutty kicks and tricks but if its normal footie then no worries !

i meant when you do real stretching then dont exert too much pain on yourself, also do you shake it off? the pain i mean? lol i know it sounds silly but trust me not shaking off the pain could lead to uncomfiness!! (i gotta learn more vocab....)

and about weak bones, give it a rest sometimes... maybe your overactive?? lol
Im not saying you said or anyone said don't play soccer, im saying even when i don't play soccer my bones still kill. I do try acting hard with ma footy tricks, but thats part of soccer init.

Nah i don't shake ma pain off coz it kills more then. (If i understood ya right :hiding:)

Maybe im... :uhwhat

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:31 PM

O0o0o0h!! Them Yellow ones i've got them in a little jar, they stink man... and there's the liquid one aswel.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
^ well try having cod liver oil and start shaking it off more. drink milk at the RIGHT times (i dont know what the right times are btw lool)

i use to have the problems u have, but it went on its own... i drink milk every night and took cod liver oil, and i apply virgin olive oil (Blessed zaytun Alhamdulillah !!!) on my whole body almost everyday... maybe that helps aswell?

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
^ well try having cod liver oil and start shaking it off more. drink milk at the RIGHT times (i dont know what the right times are btw lool)

i use to have the problems u have, but it went on its own... i drink milk every night and took cod liver oil, and i apply virgin olive oil (Blessed zaytun Alhamdulillah !!!) on my whole body almost everyday... maybe that helps aswell?

Sounds yucky mucky, maybe i have to take them horrible Cod liver oil tablets again then insha'Allaah.
Doctor told me at night before going a bed drink a large warm glass of milk and i do.

Ma'assalama

nebula
10-22-2007, 03:35 PM
sis take the tablets as the liquid form is for small children :D

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
sis take the tablets as the liquid form is for small children :D

Err, can't swallow tablets man. So i take liquid instead.

Shukran everyone for ya help.

May Allaah blessh you all. AMin

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Doctor told me at night before going a bed drink a large warm glass of milk and i do.

Ma'assalama
did they really say "warm"? because i drink a cold glass of milk... not warn.. meh

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:46 PM
did they really say "warm"? because i drink a cold glass of milk... not warn.. meh

Yes 'Warm glass of milk'... Also if they did say cold i can't drink it as ma teeth are too too sensitive.

جوري
10-23-2007, 01:34 AM
sis gyal.. I thought you were in a wheel chair?
http://www.islamicboard.com/introduc...tml#post470528

I didn't know you were able to play soccer?.. If the doctors had you off your feet, it must have been for a reason?
I believe you can't get the medical attention you need on LI or any forum for that matter...

It is best you talk this through with your GP... the problem might be deeper than just ache in the hip?

I pray for your speedy recovery insha'Allah..

Kittygyal
10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
sis gyal.. I thought you were in a wheel chair?
http://www.islamicboard.com/introduc...tml#post470528

I didn't know you were able to play soccer?.. If the doctors had you off your feet, it must have been for a reason?
I believe you can't get the medical attention you need on LI or any forum for that matter...

It is best you talk this through with your GP... the problem might be deeper than just ache in the hip?

I pray for your speedy recovery insha'Allah..

I was on a wheelchair that was due to the OP i had not because of ma legs. My legs are perfectly fine, i just get tired quick.Im not on a wheelchair no more. Alhamdulilah.
As i have tried what sis Tomtom'smom told me to do it didn't work im afraid. :cry:
But my sister-In-Law is telling me to drink enough water, thats what im currently doing and if it gets worse then goes to GP.

This thread can be closed now. :)

Ma'assalama

believer
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Salamualikum.

Thanks sis...

once again thanks people

Ma'assalama

Salaam Sister...

This is the first time I encountered somebody raising this question... I simply ignored it myself for a long time.:mmokay::?

I would be interested to know about that.... I too have the same problem. Everytime my knees would bend... both of them would make snapping noise like a ... yeah... bones cracking. I used to do running and BMX - riding... but I only noticed this after I stopped athletic activities for many years... never really mind it nor take notice about it. I thought it would disappear in time. But every time I go to offer Salah during Sujud... I hear it and sometimes - I hear some people also have it. What do they call this snapping knee sound?... is there a medical term for it? Is there a cure for it?

Salaaam...

ahsan28
10-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Sister, you may give it a try:-

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...back-pain.html

Al-Hanbali
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
:salamext:

Sister Kittygyal has requested this thread to be closed:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.