/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Is Impossible!

00:00
10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
This is what I really believe! From the experiences I have lived myself and from those I have watched others living, I can say very confidently that nothing is impossible! I have witnessed one of my brothers quitting smoking after many attempts in which he failed.

One day he addressed a cigarette saying, "I know that you're harmful: You damage my health and ruin my budget. I won't quit you because of health or economic reasons; I've already tried that and failed. Rather, I'll quit in compliance with what Allah orders. I will quit you because smoking is unlawful in Islam."

He was successful in quitting smoking only when he intended to do so for the sake of Almighty Allah. That happened 10 years ago, and he has been a non-smoker ever since.

Have you ever forsaken anything for the sake of Allah? Do you intend to do so for the sake of Allah?

Source: IslamOnline

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rozeena
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
thnxs 4 sharin.veri helpfull.:smile:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah jazakAllah khiar, that was pretty interesting !!

Kittygyal
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Salamualikum.

That was the bomb!

We need to all think are we doing something for Allaah, we only sacrifice ourselfs for Allaah!

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sheba
10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
Have you ever forsaken anything for the sake of Allah? Do you intend to do so for the sake of Allah?

Source: IslamOnline
Yes every Ramadan!

I can fast for God, but can't diet for myself!

Willpower in Ramadan is no problem. Non existant regarding food at other times.

glo
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Great story!

It reminds me of how I stopped smoking 4 years ago.
I had not long become a Christian, and one day I was sitting in the garden, smoking a cigarette, watching the smoke drift against the ray of sunlight streaming throught the garden fence.

All of a sudden the words of a worship song popped into my head: 'Come breathe in me, all my life take over ...' ... and I thought to myself, if God is in me, then how can I pollute my body with cigarettes??!

I looked at the half-smoked cigarette and put it out there and then. That's how I stopped smoking.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.