/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nightmares..

islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Hello,

is there a meaning behind nightmares?...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aligzander
10-24-2007, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
Hello,

is there a meaning behind nightmares?...

Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Said said that he had heard that Khalid ibn al-Walid said to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "I have nightmares." The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said to him, "Say, 'I seek refuge with the complete words of Allah from His anger and His punishment and the evil of His slaves, and from the evil suggestions of the shayatin and from their being present (at death).'"

Audhu bi kalimati' llahi't-tammati min ghadabihi wa iqabihi wa sharri ibadihi wa min hamazati' sh-shayatin wa an yahdurun.

MALIK MUWATTA, Book 51, Number 51.4.9

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Sirin said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams: The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness, what is suggested by Satan to frighten the dreamer, or glad tidings from Allah. So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer." He added, "He (Abu Huraira) hated to see a Ghul (i.e., iron collar around his neck in a dream) and people liked to see fetters (on their feet in a dream). The fetters on the feet symbolizes one's constant and firm adherence to religion." And Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ghuls (iron collars) are used only for necks."

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 144

islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
umm..thank u..but i dont understand..? can u explain?

aligzander
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
umm..thank u..but i dont understand..? can u explain?

Salam sister,

Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: "A good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan."

For me, there's no meaning behind bad dreams and nightmares.

What I have believe that our nightmares is satan's trick to lead us astray to the straight path as what he had promise to Allah (سبحانه و تعالى).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
oh ok...thank u.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.