/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what to do when..?

anonymous
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
what do you do when your heart is inclined towards something haram? even though you try to keep away you want to keep going back to it? please advise insha'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
well bro/sis my heart was inclined towards something haraam also but ive started doing exercise and praying salaat to get my mind of it and mashallah its working...

bro/sis just remember try not be alone in the house keep urself busy coz the shaytaan can EASILY trick you into doing something bad when ur alone trust me on this 1!!!

bro/sis u gonna let that ***** shaytaan tell YOU what to do? HUH???

OR are YOU gonna tell IT WHAT TO DO!! slap the shaytaan in the face and tell it ur tricks aint gonna work ere so bugger off :shade:

try keeping urself in the state of wuduu all the time

aligzander
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
what do you do when your heart is inclined towards something haram? even though you try to keep away you want to keep going back to it? please advise insha'Allah

1. Say:
أعود بالله من الشيطان الرجيم و اتفل على يسارك (ثلاثا)
A'udhu billâhi minash shaitaanir rajeem watful 'ala yasaarika.
I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast. [Recite three times in Arabic]

2. Make the call to prayer - Adhân.

3. Recite any Dhikr, or recite or the Qur'ân.

And like AnonymousGender said ...... "try keeping urself in the state of wuduu all the time"

islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Thats a very good question and good advice u guys :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
:sl:

another thing which u cud observe is the inaccesibility of the haraam thing.i am oblivious to what exactly you are talking about, yet i suggest that, where possible, you negate all wipe out all reminders, aspects of, interfaces, triggerers of this haraam thing which has refuged in ur heart.

send it back to the pits it came from! (call me old school but i believe that LOTR is still absolutely valid and mentionable in random posts of all kinds)

salams

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Salamualikum.

Listen to Qura'an & recite it!

Do extra ibadah.

Read upon Janah and when you die what happens.

Listen to lectures

Do Wudhu and sit on prayer mat and beg for forgivness from your Lord!

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aligzander
1. Say:
أعود بالله من الشيطان الرجيم و اتفل على يسارك (ثلاثا)
A'udhu billâhi minash shaitaanir rajeem watful 'ala yasaarika.
I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast. [Recite three times in Arabic]

2. Make the call to prayer - Adhân.

3. Recite any Dhikr, or recite or the Qur'ân.

And like AnonymousGender said ...... "try keeping urself in the state of wuduu all the time"
i think dhikr is a great advice. these haram inclinations in your head are like tapes - thoughts in your head (about what is tempting you) and you can replace them with zikr. as long as you are doing zikr, there is no room for the other "tapes". it does work!

sadia faisal
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
True, you shud just keep urself occupied. And whenever you think of the haram thing, just remind urself of your fear and love of Allah.

Also if u have wuzu, just pray 2 nafl as soon as the thought comes to you, make a long dua asking for forgiveness and protection from shaytaan, and to stay on the true path. This works for me, you jist gota be strong be strong against shaytan and u'll be alryt, Insha-Allah..

IbnAbdulHakim
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM
for me reading up islaamic quotes helps so much... here check the following:

Al Hasan ibn Arafah narrated, "I visited Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal after he was whipped and tortured. I said to him, "O Abu Abdillaaah, you have reached the station of the Prophets!" He said, "Keep quiet. Verily, I saw nothing more than people selling their Deen. And I saw scholars that were with me sell their Faith. So I said to myself, 'Who am I, what am I. What am I going to say to Allah tomorrow when I stand in front of Him and He ask me, "Did you sell your Deen like the others did?" So I looked at the whip and the sword and chose them. And I said, "If I die I shall return to Allah and say: 'I was told to say that one of Your Characteristics was something created but I did not.' After that, it will be upto Him - either to punish me of be Merciful on me."

Al-Hasan ibn Arafah then asked, "Did you feel pain when they whipped you?" He said "Yes, I felt the pain up to 20 lashes then I lost all feeling (They whipped him over eighty times). After it was over I felt no pain and that day I prayed Dhurhr standing."

Al-Hasan ibn Arafah started weeping when he heard what had happened. Imam Ahmad questioned him, "Why are you crying? I did not lose my Eeman. After that why should I care if I loose my life." They were better than us but this was how they were tested.

sometimes Allah has decreed a person will go to paradise, yet their deeds may not be enough, so Allah may test them and they may go through trials and tribulations so that Allah rewards them for that and enters them into Jannah

------

Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.

And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness.
-Ibn al-Qayyim al Jawziyya:

------

“It was reported that Umar ibnul-Khattab asked Ubayy ibn Ka`b about Taqwa. Ubayy said, "Have you ever walked on a path that had thorns on it'' 'Umar said, "Yes." Ubayy said, "What did you do then" He said, "I rolled up my sleeves and struggled." Ubayy said, "That is Taqwa.”

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuhu

jouju
11-23-2007, 04:21 PM
i think my bros and sis lillah hav said it all but just to add on it....
pray to Allah alot and keep busy...rem an idle mind is a devil's
workshop....Am praying for u...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!