/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of hope

glo
10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I came across these two picture today on news.msn.uk.com, and thought I might share them here.

The first one tickled me when I first saw it:
http://estb.msn.com/i/42/F0ED1884AFB...3935E3DC20.jpg
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - U.S. first lady Laura Bush (C) poses with Emirati breast cancer survivors at the Sheikh Khalifa Medical City in Abu Dhabi before the Pink Majlis discussions, October 22, 2007.
It's actually a very pretty picture. And how wonderful to think that women across the world, of all cultures and faiths, can celebrate the successes of those women who survive breast cancer! :)

The other one is also a heart-warming one:

ISRAEL - Malek, a two-and-a-half year old Palestinian girl from the West Bank village of Bidiya, undergoes heart surgery at an Israeli hospital in Holon, near Tel Aviv, October 21, 2007. "Save A Child's Heart" (SACH) is an Israeli-based, international humanitarian organization providing life-saving heart surgeries for children from developing countries in Israel. Close to half of the total number of children treated at SACH are Palestinian or from Arab countries including Jordan and Iraq.
Peace to you all.:thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Poor kid in the second pic, May Allah help him through.

BTW double thread :p

islamirama
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

The other one is also a heart-warming one:

Peace to you all.:thankyou:

Just plain old PR propaganda and nothing more...

They recalled how one of their commanders began the first days of his leadership with beating up a four-year-old Palestinian child.

"So we do a first patrol with him. It's 6am, Rafah is under curfew, there isn't so much as a dog in the streets. Only a little boy of four playing in the sand," one soldier remembers.

"He is building a castle in his yard."

Once spotting his target, the Israeli commander suddenly started running with his soldiers around him.

"He grabbed the boy. I am a degenerate if I am not telling you the truth. He broke his hand here at the wrist, broke his leg here. And started to stomp on his stomach, three times, and left," said the soldier.

"We are all there, jaws dropping, looking at him in shock.

"The next day I go out with him on another patrol, and the soldiers are already starting to do the same thing."

http://www.mpacuk.org/content/view/4124/34/
See how they treat Palestinian
Muslim AND Christian women and children

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...48687549&hl=en

Kittygyal
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Can't see pics :L

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
10-23-2007, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

Hey, just because a couple of Israelis are retarded hat doesn't mean that all of them are evil. Most are kind, loving creatures who have nothing to do with violence towards Palestinians.
It's muslims who constantly say we should not judge them by a couple of terrorists. Hello, same thing here.

glo
10-23-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

I am aware of the hardship the people in Palestine suffer.
All the more reason, I feel, to point to positive stories from Palestine and Israel.

Actually, one of the most humbling stories I read recently was that of a Palestinian family, who lost a child in an Israeli attack - and agreed to have their dead child's heart donated to an Israeli.
What a story of love, kindness, humility and forgiveness!!
(Unfortunately I cannot find the story on the web, but if I do, I will post it here)

Peace

Pk_#2
10-23-2007, 08:38 PM
[quote=Whatsthepoint;847434]
Hey, just because a couple of Israelis are retarded hat doesn't mean that all of them are evil. Most are kind, loving creatures who have nothing to do with violence towards Palestinians.
It's muslims who constantly say we should not judge them by a couple of terrorists. Hello, same thing here.
I agree that everyones not the same, there are good and bad people of every faith / culture

Stil :( @ Sec pic

Peace.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2007, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Hey, just because a couple of Israelis are retarded hat doesn't mean that all of them are evil.
i agree with with this.

Most are kind, loving creatures who have nothing to do with violence towards Palestinians.
im sorry,i really dont mean to start an argument, but i dont see anyone who oppresses the muslims (in this case the israelis, occupying palestinatin land) as kind, etc etc.

sister herb
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Actually, one of the most humbling stories I read recently was that of a Palestinian family, who lost a child in an Israeli attack - and agreed to have their dead child's heart donated to an Israeli.
What a story of love, kindness, humility and forgiveness!!
(Unfortunately I cannot find the story on the web, but if I do, I will post it here)

Peace
You might mean the story of Ahmed Ismail Khatib, who was killed by Israeli troops in Jenin refugee camp at November of 2005.

03 / 11 / 2005 Jenin-A 12-year-old Palestinian boy was shot dead in the Jenin refugee camp on Thursday morning when Israeli military forces opened fire on a group of stone throwing children.

According to a Ma'an correspondent in the camp, the boy, Ismail al-Khatieb, was shot in the head with a live round while throwing stones at an Israeli troop detachment that entered the camp on an arrest operation.

In addition to live rounds, troops also fired percussion grenades and tear gas, the correspondent said.

Al-Khatieb died while enroute to the hospital.
And also:

06 / 11 / 2005 Ma'an – Arab Knesset Member Mohammad Barakat praised the decision of the Khatib family to donate their deceased child's kidneys to an Israeli child. Ahmed Khatib, 12, died in Haifa's Rambam Hospital yesterday after being shot by Israeli soldiers in Jenin on Thursday.

MK Barakat visited the Khatib family to deliver his condolences. The Knesset member delivered a statement, saying, "It is hard to stand in front of such tragedy. We are in front of a family that lost their most precious procession, a son. Without any thought, still this family insists on expressing humanity, and showing the wild, terroristic nature of the Israeli occupation." He called the decision a brave one, but a human one at its core.

Barakat revealed that the father of the deceased child told him that the boy was not carrying a toy-gun, as Israeli soldiers claim. He said the money he had given the child to purchase the toy was still in the boy's pocket when he was shot. Barakat has called for the formation of an independent commission to investigate the incident.
Unfortunately after him Israeli occupiers have murdered too many Palestinian children, last one was eight-year-old Palestinian girl Zeina Hamad, from the northern West Bank town of Ramin, east of Tulkarem, died on Sunday evening of wounds she sustained last Friday when Israeli soldiers invaded Tulkarem and shot her in the head.

:cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.