/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Manners of giving naseeha

'Abd-al Latif
10-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Peace be upon the seekers of truth.

Can I ask the brothers and sisters to please post any and as much information as you can about giving naseeha? I've seen sometimes people give naseeha in a very hurtful manner but don't realise it and its important to let people know the islamic adab of naseeha.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Salamualikum.

Firlsty what is the meaning of 'Naseeha'?

It's not an english word at all :L

Im sowiee if someone hurt ya bro.

snakelegs
10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
i think it is like dawah - but to muslims. advising people that they are doing wrong.

'Abd-al Latif
10-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Naseeha is an arabic word and it means sincere good advice, but I mispelt it...its spelt 'Nasihah'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maidah
10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
just one question, is it ok for a bro to give nasseha to a sis and vice versa?

'Abd-al Latif
10-23-2007, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
just one question, is it ok for a bro to give nasseha to a sis and vice versa?
This is not a fatwa but it depends on the circumstances cuz there is this ayaah;

....Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and transgression: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment.
[Al-Maeda 5:2]

snakelegs
10-23-2007, 11:32 PM
abdullah,
thank you for your post. i never realized all the different aspects and meaning of it.

'Abd-al Latif
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
jazakAllah khayr, that was useful.

any more?

'Abd-al Latif
10-26-2007, 10:01 PM
any lectures...or more articles?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.