Lina
10-23-2007, 07:47 PM
:sl:

Schoolwork, housework, finances?

How do you cope?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
10-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Lay everything out on the table before hand.

Who's working what hours? Who's studying what hours? How much time does each party have to contribute to the household? Is everyone ok with eating very simple meals, and left overs?

I worked full time and went to school part time for about a year. My husband was very understanding that I wasn't going to keep the apartment spick and span, and that he wasn't going to get anything special in the way of food. He also understood that if I needed to go to the library for 8 hours on Saturday, that chores, cooking, etc etc etc, was going to be on the back burner.

Agree to everything, and get it in writing.

AnonymousPoster
10-24-2007, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

How do you cope?

School work = After marriege, whats the need to go to school??

House work = your responsiblity :)

Finance = your husbands responsibility..

If i were in your place, i would leave school as first priority..

thats all....:blind:

Malaikah
10-24-2007, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
School work = After marriege, whats the need to go to school??
Some women actually want to have an education and work... :nervous:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-24-2007, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Some women actually want to have an education and work... :nervous:
Education is ok, :D but If they want to do work, than they have to accept the challanges....:blind:

-Elle-
10-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Great question....I've been debating this with some classmates recently.

Men seem to think that marriage+school won't work...so it's best to study then get married.

Women say that marriage is totally manageable while studying.

Now I won't rewrite the hole debate here(lol,)and im not telling on which side I'm on...:)

But I'd like to hear opinions of students who are married(how do you manage?Like Lina had asked)and those who aren't(Is it for financial issues,or you just don't seem to have the time to find a husband/wife...)?

:D

nebula
10-27-2007, 03:43 AM
i reckon if i get married while im in Uni i wouldn't be able to concentrate on my studies at all i would think about would be my wife lol.. so that would make a difference on my grades i reckon so overall its not a good thing but still i dont care i would somehow have to manage :D i might not even live long enough to finish my education Allah knows best tho

overall i agree with sister houda veiw

sevgi
10-27-2007, 04:11 AM
it depends on the person...

i think for someone to get married while they are studying they wud either need to be crazy in love or 'forced' by the parents...

if i were to get married..and i want to...it would mean:

sleepless nites, crappy ready make meals and 'hey mum; dinner?' meals, rented apartment, no house phone, maybe wireless cap internet...abt 29$ a month for one gig, no shopping, parttime job, no kids...

but i think its worth it depending on the person u wana marry...

Inquisitive
10-27-2007, 06:05 AM
I don't see nothing wrong with going to school and being married at the same time. Many sisters and brothers are capable of managing that. I think the hard part starts when you have children.:exhausted

Lina
10-27-2007, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
Great question....I've been debating this with some classmates recently.

Men seem to think that marriage+school won't work...so it's best to study then get married.

Women say that marriage is totally manageable while studying.

Now I won't rewrite the hole debate here(lol,)and im not telling on which side I'm on...:)

But I'd like to hear opinions of students who are married(how do you manage?Like Lina had asked)and those who aren't(Is it for financial issues,or you just don't seem to have the time to find a husband/wife...)?

:D

I reckon married students don't hang around on the internet.

Too busy.

Wa Allahu A'lam.

Ah well.

RespectAll
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
As-salaamu `alaykum,

Make a timetable :)

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I am still in education, I would LOVE to get married too:statisfie. But just cant. Realistically I don’t think I could manage. My mum was just having a bit of a dig at me 10 min ago for not helping with the house work and jumping strait on the net. So just imagine me being married:eek:. I don’t just wanna scrape along with marriage. I want perfection InshAllah.:D

Who wants the stress of skool then go work then come home n clean and cook.:heated:

I’m gong to get my degree then become a house wife:D:okay:

Lina
01-22-2008, 03:34 PM
^Insha'Allah.

Mikayeel
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
ooh interesting!!. because am taking that route aswell in 1 or 2 years:), next year or the year after am in uni and then its time for my wife!:), and inshallah i will cope with it all

crayon
01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I think it wouldn't be too difficult to be just married, the problem is when kids come along..

Jayda
01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

How do you cope?
hola,

my husband is in the military and in law school (in a different city)... we do not see each other as a result... it is very difficult. i have help with housework and finances are secure, so he does not have to worry about those things, but i think schoolwork is difficult for him because of his military career and the time he wants to spend with me and our children. it is very difficult and places him on a lot of stress... it has been good because it brought him closer to God, when before he was not.

que Dios te bendiga

Mikayeel
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I think it wouldn't be too difficult to be just married, the problem is when kids come along..
thats right, thats why kids should come after the couples are stable:)

Cabdullahi
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
marriage and education does work toghether.U can be married and still continue ur education its easy the wife and husband will leave to go study for a few hours and then theyll both come back home i know theyll be tired and stuff but thats not an excuse plus its also good to have someone there with u to help with studies i dont know?

HIJABI***
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
i dont think its that hard really.....dunno wts the big deal about it.......one of my friends is currently studying at uni and shes married Alhamdulillah she doesnt find it stressful at all.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.