/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do i have to pay zakat?

abbas_ali
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Salaam all,

I have what is probably a very common question of whether i have to pay zakat. I have just turned 20 and i hve been wondering about this question ever sincei've been 18.

I am a full time student but i do have a part-time job 12 hours a week. Do i pay zakat then? Also if i do should i deduct livign expenses from my total before calculating the 2.5%. I only hope if i am supposed to then Allah will forgive me for the 2 years or so i have missed :(

Jazallah khair
P.S. Do you include stocks and shares that you own too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
10-27-2007, 06:41 PM
*Thread approved*

kh@led
10-30-2007, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
*Thread approved*
What is this supposed to mean? Isn't it obvious???

I am a full time student but i do have a part-time job 12 hours a week. Do i pay zakat then? Also if i do should i deduct livign expenses from my total before calculating the 2.5%. I only hope if i am supposed to then Allah will forgive me for the 2 years or so i have missed

Jazallah khair
P.S. Do you include stocks and shares that you own too?
Zakat is not related with your job status (full-time or part-time). In short, zakat is due on you every year if after your living expenses, you have wealth exceeding the nisab. Usually, if your wealth is more than the cost of aprox. 85 grams of gold or 595 grams of silver then zakat is due on you.

While calculating the nisab or zakat, you should add up your cash, gold, silver, stock and shares but not your property like house, car etc.

Do a google search bro and you will find plenty of information on zakat inshallah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.