/* */

PDA

View Full Version : On delaying the marriage of a young woman until completion of education

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-24-2007, 06:25 PM
On delaying the marriage of a young woman until completion of high school or university education.

Question:

There is a widespread custom of a young woman or her father refusing those who propose to her until she has completed her high school or university education, or so that she may study for a number of years. What is the ruling on that? And what is your advice to those who do so, so that the young women might reach the age of thirty or more without marrying?

Answer:

My advice to all young men and women is to marry without delay and to hasten to it, if conditions permit, as the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi was salaam said:

‘O you young men! Those among you who have the means and the ability should marry, because it restrains the eyes (from evil glances) and preserves the private parts (from immorality). And whoever is unable to do so, should fast because it is a protection for him.’ (Al-Bukhari no. 5066 and Muslim no. 1400)

And he sallallaahu alayhi was salaam said:

‘If one whose religion and character pleases you proposes to you, then marry (your daughter to) him. If you do not do so, it will be a cause of trial in the land and great corruption.’ (At-Tirmithi no. 1084)

Narrated by At-Tirmithi with a Hasan chain of narrators.

And he sallallaahu alayhi was salaam said:

‘Marry productive, loving women, because I will have the largest number of followers on the Day of Resurrection.’ (Abu Dawud no. 2050, An-Nasa'i no. 3229, Ahmad 3/158, 245 & Ibn Hibban no. 4028)

Narrated by Imaam Ahmad and authenticated by Ibn Hibban.

It is also necessary due to the many benefits indicated by the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi was salaam, such as averting one’s gaze, protecting the private parts (from sin), increasing the size of the Muslim community, and safety from great corruption and evil consequences. May Allaah grant all of the Muslims success in attaining that wherein lies righteousness in the matter of their religion and their earthly life. Verily, He is All-Hearing, Near.

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Fatawa Islamiyyah, Darussalam, volume 5, pages 174/175

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
excellent thread sister*, read all of it

but im young atm i doubt ill get married until my 20's or something wish it was earlier tho... but u kno a person shouldnt just get married for there desires u kno coz then it wont last long i reckon Allah Hu Alim

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-24-2007, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
excellent thread sister*, read all of it

but im young atm i doubt ill get married until my 20's or something wish it was earlier tho... but u kno a person shouldnt just get married for there desires u kno coz then it wont last long i reckon Allah Hu Alim
:wasalamex

Wanting to get married to protect your chastity does not mean that you do not think carefully about a potential spouse. Aslong as you put your trust in Allah, ask for guidance, and make the best possible choice, why should it result in a failed marriage? I can't think of a better reason to get married than to protect your chastity and out of fear of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.