/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims pray for rain to put out California fires

glo
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) yesterday called on mosques and other houses of worship across the US to offer prayers for rain to help put out wildfires currently raging in California.

[...]

"Americans of all faiths need to offer spiritual assistance to the courageous firefighters who are battling these deadly fires," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad.

Awad also asked mosques in wildfire areas to offer shelter to fire victims and that financial aid for victims be sent to the American Red Cross.
http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/6002

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Salamualikum.

I did ask for dua'ahs for Cali in the dua'ah thread.
It's terrible :cry: people have been rushed to move from one hospital to the other! The smell is horrid.. I have few relatives and friends living there and actually told me there suffering really bad from the horrible smoke!!

From one corner to the other the smoke is getting worse, people have been dragged to other places.. the fire has began to overheat on the roads as peopel are rushing and driving to stay on safe sides.
There are several firefighters along with abulance but nothing is working! :( :(
My homies are terrified as it's occured in Miami aswel :( :( :cry: :cry:

San diego woods on fire that happens every year!
The wind is extermly bad indeed!!

please pray plz!!!

Ma'assalama

wilberhum
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Yesterday both my daughters and grandson flew back to San Diego. :-\

One of the fires is less than a half a mile form where we use to live. :mad:

I just called and they are still OK. :peace:

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Yesterday both my daughters and grandson flew back to San Diego. :-\

One of the fires is less than a half a mile form where we use to live. :mad:

I just called and they are still OK. :peace:
Greetings.

Oh hope there going to stay okay :)

At San Diego it always happens every year! :mad:

The smell is very bad man! It's actually happend in Miami aswel! :offended:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
10-24-2007, 11:53 PM
i've heard that about a million people have been evacuated. :cry:
the skies are full of smoke and the quality of light is eerie. none of the fires are real close to me - so far.

جوري
10-25-2007, 12:03 AM
it is a grievous thing indeed.. my dear friend lives in cali. and I just called to make sure she and her family are ok.. naturally the most sacrificed lives are those of fire fighters.. Don't know if bush is helping them out? if he was taken a bubble bath or holding a book upside down when hell broke loose..... I certainly don't want to think political.. but whenever I think of that man.. I gasp at how much blood he has on his hands here there and in between...

I'd be so chagrined to meet with God if I were him.. his best bet is to keep himself preseved in cryogenics while everyone else around him dies-- what sheer imbecility and mismanagement of his chair.

What a sad situation this is.. let's hope it doesn't turn into another Katrina Flood 'recovery'...

eh.. every year I watch in horror.. seems no one is immune from calamity, which strikes at any minute, almost of apocalyptical occurrence..

stay safe snakey.. if they evacuate you, just go where they take you until this clears...

Sob7an Allah, wla 7wla wla qiwata ila billah..

:w:

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
What a sad situation this is.. let's hope it doesn't turn into another Katrina Flood 'recovery'...
i don't think there is much danger of that - most the people effected so far are mostly a whole lot richer and whiter than the katrina victims. so it will probably be a whole different scene.
the winds have somewhat died down - at least for now.
so strange....the light.

SATalha
10-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Hope you guys are ok down there. Man iam just watching the updates down ere in london and i cant imagine what you guys are going through. Inshallah this ends soon.

جوري
10-25-2007, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i don't think there is much danger of that - most the people effected so far are mostly a whole lot richer and whiter than the katrina victims. so it will probably be a whole different scene.
the winds have somewhat died down - at least for now.
so strange....the light.
I know what you mean about the socio-economic conditions of the californians.. isn't it sad how some human life is worth more than others for no decipherably good reason? I have seen the pictures, and there were fire fighters sleeping outside of a 'house they were guarding from the fire' how absured is that? check it out on AOL images.. naturally their lives are sacrificed for some .........well, let me stop here before I completely lose my manners and not two weeks after Ramadan..

peace!

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 12:42 AM
southern california usually has a lot of brush fires esp this time of year because everything is so dry. what makes these especially devasting is the winds.
i think this may be the worst ever.

syilla
10-25-2007, 01:44 AM
i heard million of houses are burnt down. :(

wilberhum
10-25-2007, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i heard million of houses are burnt down. :(
No, a million have evacuated. I haven't heard a "house count" but it can't be that high.

جوري
10-25-2007, 02:00 AM
southern california usually has a lot of brush fires esp this time of year because everything is so dry. what makes these especially devasting is the winds.
i think this may be the worst ever.
I know... we have so much rain here on the east cost.. though it is needed rain, wish we can send you some of it :smile:

a little spark, some dryness and some wind and people are powerless against it..
Sob7an Allah

Hope this resolves for you guys and soon

peace!

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 02:01 AM
i think the number of houses is relatively small.
we have a beautiful orange moon!
there are a lot of helicopters out there. (for some reason, helicopters give me the creeps)

mustafaisb
10-25-2007, 02:05 AM
:salamext: Did you guys hear that extreme drought in Georgia. The Gov. of Georgia asked Bush to issue a federal disaster area for the area. :wasalamex

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/18/pip.atlantadrought/

جوري
10-25-2007, 02:15 AM
(for some reason, helicopters give me the creeps)
lol.. a little unstable artifical flies they are... we have a heliport here by the water and every time the swash plate gets movin' I think those main rotor blades are gonna detach themselves and do away with a few people's heads... I always find msyelf ducking when I am walking by there lol
but it is a very fast ride from Manhattan to JFK on the helcoptor.. 15 mins as opposed to hours on the high way.. you might give it a try sometime if you can stomach it?

peace.....

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 02:18 AM
i couldn't stomach it, but that's fine cuz i also couldn't afford it.
and yes, mustafaisb, i have heard about it. i think atlanta only has water for the next 90 days.

جوري
10-25-2007, 03:44 AM
some 7 yrs ago it was only fifty dollars, but you could only bring with you the carry on. in other words you would be either traveling very light or your luggage would have been sent to the airport in advance.. but it was a comprable price to a cab, that is, if you couldn't find someone to drop you off... I am not sure if the price is similar now, probably gone up 1000%.. I got to be honest with you. I drug myself on every flight I have taken since one bad incident where we lost one engine, and lights went off and I heard terrible screams with every large descent in altitude :lol:-- and that was on a big 747, I refuse to fly a cessna or a helicoptor.. a shame too since a colleague of mine from the days of yore owns a cessna.. I am not heroic enough and rather painfully aware of my mortality as of late to gamble on a small plane.. or to even be alert, awake and oriented on a big

peace!

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 04:08 AM
lol, i haven't been on a plane for more than 40 years!

جوري
10-25-2007, 04:15 AM
I promise if they'd construct a transatlantic monorail, I'd probably never board a plane again (provided it isn't sponsored or pioneered by the folks at amtrack)... Everytime I board on a plane, I make peace with the world and get my last will and testament notarized so people would know my final wishes.. and if I wake up from my self induced sleep, upon landing.. I think, God gave me a new lease on life (I am born again)..

peace!

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 04:28 AM
these days i don't think i would fly even if i had the money - and i'm not even muslim!

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 05:12 AM
California Struggles With Fire While National Guard Stretched in Iraq

Newswire Services
October 24, 2007
While California struggles to contain a devastating fire that has claimed thousands of acres, they are forced to pull National Guard from the boarders as well as rely on neighboring states to assist. At the same time, the Pentagon announced the deployment of more National Guard troops to Iraq. All this at a time when it is clear the National Guard is stretched too thin due to Bush’s reckless war policy.

for the rest:
http://www.californiachronicle.com/a...rticleID=41135

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.