/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Virtues of Hijab.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-25-2007, 01:42 AM
The Virtues of Hijab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.An act of obedience.

The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity).

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield.

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad).

5. The hijab is Taqwah (Righteousness).

Allah (swt) says in the Qur'an: `O children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc) and as an adornment. But the raiment of righteousness, that is better.'(S7:26). The widespread forms of dresses in the world today are mostly for show off and hardly taken as a cover and shield of the woman's body. To the believing women, however the purpose is to safeguard their bodies and cover their private parts as a manifestation of the order of Allah. It is an act of Taqwah (righteousness).

6.The hijab is Eemaan (Belief or Faith).

Allah (swt) did not address His words about the hijab except to the believing women, Al-Mo'minat. In many cases in the Qur'an Allah refers to the "the believing women". Aisha (RA), the wife of the prophet (pbuh), addressed some women from the tribe of Banu Tameem who came to visit her and had light clothes on them, they were improperly dressed: "If indeed you are believing women, then truly this is not the dress of the believing women, and if you are not believing women, then enjoy it."

7. The hijab is Haya' (Bashfulness).

There are two authentic hadith which state: "Each religion has a morality and the morality of Islam is haya'" AND "Bashfulness is from belief, and belief is in Al-Jannah (paradise)". The hijab fits the natural bashfulness which is a part of the nature of women.

8.The hijab is Gheerah.

The hijab fits the natural feeling of Gheerah, which is intrinsic in the straight man who does not like people to look at his wife or daughters. Gheerah is a driving emotion that drives the straight man to safeguard women who are related to him from strangers. The straight MUSLIM man has Gheerah for ALL MUSLIM women In response to lust and desire, men look (with desire) at other women while they do not mind that other men do the same to their wives or daughters. The mixing of sexes and absence of hijab destroys the Gheera in men. Islam considers Gheerah an integral part of faith. The dignity of the wife or daughter or any other Muslim woman must be highly respected and defended.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Mashallah..very beneficial article :)
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing Mujaheedah ..

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
^^Aameen Waiyaaki Habibti:wub:

Sawdah
01-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Jazakallah Khair for the beautiful reminder sister!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OneChance
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Al salam alekum,

Thank you sister Mujaheedah for reminding our muslim sisters about "The hijab"
May allah be pleased with you.

Misz_Muslimah
03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
^ Ameen .

desert winds
03-14-2010, 07:22 PM
your not getting anything if you are:
wearing hijaab with hot pants-
wearing hijaab with ears sticking out!
wearing hijaab with fringe sticking out
wearing hijaab which does not cover titties,
wearing hijaab with a face like a slapper,

so please think carefully about the real meaning of hijaab- wearing hijaab and neglecting salah DOES NOT MAKE YOU MUSLIM!!!

Beardo
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Could we get The virtues of the Beard here too? :X

paradise88
03-14-2010, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds

so please think carefully about the real meaning of hijaab- wearing hijaab and neglecting salah DOES NOT MAKE YOU MUSLIM!!!
This made me laugh, but i do agree, there is no point wearing a hijab (covering hair/head) and revealing everything else. I see this a lot unfortunately, how do u explain to a friend to cover her fringe with out offending her?

Sawdah
03-14-2010, 08:16 PM
^ Yeah, I see that a lot too. :/

how do u explain to a friend to cover her fringe with out offending her?
Is this something she's been doing recently?

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
03-15-2010, 10:59 AM
:sl:

BarakAllahu Feek everyone for your reply.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Could we get The virtues of the Beard here too? :X
Sure! But an ADMIN needs to change the title of the thread to ''THE VIRTUES OF HIJAB & BEARD'' insha'Allah.

I'll be posting it later as we have power failure n pc has 2 mins b4 it SHUTS DOWN.

revert2007
03-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Jazaka Allah khair for the thred

theblackcloud
03-16-2010, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds

I saw a Muslim lady, about my age at the bus stop yesterday, and she was wearing tight jeans, and I thought something wasn't right there.

Anyhow, Muslim women are very nice. Modesty is the seed of decency.

paradise88
03-16-2010, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
^ Yeah, I see that a lot too. :/

Is this something she's been doing recently?
Well since uni (2yrs nw) she has been and when i saw during ramadhaan she was fully covering her hair at mosque, im so confused but i knw shes really nice n she knows and agrees with most things with me about Islam but hw do i tell her this.. :embarrass

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
03-16-2010, 03:54 PM

Aameen Waiyaaki 'revert2007'

I wonder if im the only one having problem to 'MULTI QUOTE' msgs..:hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Well since uni (2yrs nw) she has been and when i saw during ramadhaan she was fully covering her hair at mosque, im so confused but i knw shes really nice n she knows and agrees with most things with me about Islam but hw do i tell her this.. :embarrass
Since she agrees with you with most things concerning Islam...advise her in accordance with the Qur'an & Sunnah.

Advise her to be modest and adopt an attitude and behaviour that will keep her far away from falling into fitnah and doubtful situations... & mention the words of Allah (swt) in which He (swt) told us:

“…and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam)…”

[al-Noor 24:31]

It is also narrated in Saheeh Muslim (2128) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not seen: people with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they beat the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, misguided and leading others astray, with their heads like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will not enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance may be detected from such and such a distance.”

The meaning of the phrase “clothed yet naked” is that the woman is wearing clothes that do not cover her, so she is clothed, but in fact she is naked, such as when she wears a thin dress that shows the colour of her skin, or a dress that shows the outline of her body, or a short dress that does not cover part of her limbs.

So what Muslim women have to do is to adhere to the guidance followed by the Mothers of the Believers and the womenfolk of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and the women of this ummah who followed them in truth, and strive to cover themselves and be modest.

Hope this be helpful to you somehow Insha'Allah.

Be FRANK when it comes to protecting an invidual from falling into error, Its the duty of a Muslim upon another.

:w:

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM

The Significant Virtues Of Growing The Beard

--------------------------------------------------------------------

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error” [Qur’an 33:36]

"Whoever disobeys the Messenger after guidance has been clarified to him, and follows other than the path of the believers, We shall give to him what he deserves and broil him in hell, which is the worst abode." [Qur’an 4:115]

Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: "The Qur’an, Sunnah and ijmaa' (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the Kufaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside.

Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allah :saws1: said:"He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians." According to another narration he said, "Whoever imitates a people is one of them." (Reported by Imam Ahmad)

Muslims are overcome with western influence in their lives and it's easy to forget & neglect the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad :saws1:. Little do these Muslims realize the magnitude of their actions. The beard is a major distinction between men and women. Shaving it removes this distinction, and is thus a means of imitating women.

This is a truly shocking! Hopefully the information presented herein will enlighten those. And then there are others who claim that the matters concerning beards is a "little" issue not worthy of mention nor practice. You're a Muslim! Follow the Prophet :saws1: in all aspects of life, for he was the best of examples.

Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Hakim reported with a saheeh Isnad from al-Miqdaam that the Messenger of Allah :saws1: said: “Soon there will be a time when a man will be reclining on his couch, narrating a Hadith from me, and he will say, ‘Between us and you is the Book of Allah,(the Quran) and what it says is halaal, we take as halaal, and what it says is haram, we take as haram.’ then He said: "But listen! Take heed! Whatever the Messenger of Allah forbids is like what Allah forbids!"

(Al-Fath al-Kabeer, 3/438. Al-Tirmidhi also reported it with different wording, and said that it is Hassan saheeh. Sunan al-Tirmidhi bi Sharh Ibn al-‘Arabi, al-Saawi edn. 10/132).

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (RA) The Prophet :saws1: said: "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible)." The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards)." (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

“Follow not the whims of those who have no knowledge (of Islam). [Qur’an 45:18]

Grow a beard, since it promotes Brotherhood in the real world. Stand with your Brothers, be one. A man may think that he looks handsome without it (a beard), but who cares? What matters is how Allah (S.W.T.) sees you.

"And when the true believers are called to Allah and His Rasool :saws1:[to accept and practice the law and commands of Allah and His Rasool :saws1:] that he may pass judgment upon them, their ONLY reply is 'We hear and obey.' Such men shall surely prosper." [Qur’an 24:51]

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (RA) Allah's Apostle :saws1: said: "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Narrated Abu Hurairah (ra) The Messenger of Allah :saws1: said: "Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers."

Furthermore, in the Holy Qur'an, Allah told Rasoolullah :saws1: to say:
"Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Quran 3:31]

“He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah.” [Qur’an 4:80]

:w:

paradise88
03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
You said to be frank and that it is a duty.. Sometimes people hate u for it, i know one person if i say all this stuff she would probably think that i think im better than her etc even if i say im doing it cos i want good things for u.. Its tough... Maybe cos im the only one that covers up and wears a hijab out of the people i see mostly

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.