/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ive lost faith in islam

tasha>farah
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
ive lost faith in islam my whole lifes a mess many times i feel like killing myself i dont no wot to do,im at rock bottom.my daughte is the opnlything keepin me in this world

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahsan28
10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
What happened ?

Kittygyal
10-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Salamualikum.

Dua'ah = best thing ever sister.

It happens to me at times aswel, relax and just listen to some Qura'an... You'll be fine dear :)

Ma'assalama

Umm Hurairah
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Asalaamualaikum,

Subhan Allah ukhti that's sad to hear. :'(

Like sis Kitty suggested, make loads of duaa, read da Quran and got to your local Masjid to get advice Insha Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tasha>farah
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
2 much stuf is happenin in my life im not jus being dramatic seeing ma councillor is not helping and i dont no wot else i can do

Kittygyal
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasha>farah
2 much stuf is happenin in my life im not jus being dramatic seeing ma councillor is not helping and i dont no wot else i can do
:sl:

Dua'ah:?

Umm Hurairah
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Asalaamualaikum,

Keep on praying ukhti because this is all a test from Allah (SWT).

‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:

* ~ "O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you." ~ *

* Al-Tirmidhi *

Umm Hurairah
10-25-2007, 09:02 PM
"O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient."

Surah Al-Baqarah : Ayah 153

tasha>farah
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
deres no hope,my lifes always bin dis way and is jus getin worse.and since i converted ive been alone.i hav no1 2 talk 2,no1 2 turn 2.i jus feel lyk givin up

Umm Hurairah
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
deres no hope,my lifes always bin dis way and is jus getin worse.and since i converted ive been alone.i hav no1 2 talk 2,no1 2 turn 2.i jus feel lyk givin up
Allah will alwayz be there all you need to do is seek for help.

Kittygyal
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Sister i was the same like you, you can't say you have no one to turn to because you have Allaah the Almighty to turn to actually we all do. Sister stay strong you can't do this. Im a revert muslimah and i know it's hard being a Muslim when all your homies/blads are Non-Muslims. Remember one thing.. every difficult we are facing now, im sure others are because we get tested in each and our own different ways by Allaah.
This is satan wispering to ya..dump Satan and turn towards Allaah... there are times when you are happy yet forget Allaah, times when you down yet remember Allaah.. how comes? YES because we are in need.

Turn to Allaah and never give up! be a soulja and stay strong. So what if others are ignoring you or saying stuff to ya remember ALLAAH is and will be with you at all times.All you need to do is dua'ah and just calm down by having a bath and relax hun.

Im here for ya aswel. :)

Take care hun, anytime wana talk you can p'm. One day we can huck up :happy:

Ma'assalama

papa_smurf
10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Fight your inner Nafs :raging:;D

Woodrow
10-25-2007, 09:20 PM
:w:

It is a strange world. The times we are the most alone is the time we can become the closest to Allaah(swt) now is not the time to feel abandoned, now is the time to see that Allaah(swt) is allowing you to see how close you can be and to understand you are never alone.

Sometimes we need this feeling of being alone so that we get a nudge to turn to Allaah(swt). Keep in mind He made you and He knows what He is doing, give Him a chance to run your life, He is the best of planners.

It is also good you are seeing a counselor. Depression is a disease, it is not our normal state of life. Like all diseases it is treatable, but the treatment can be slow. Make Du'a for Allaah(swt) to grant you the patience to last you through this trying time.

Lina
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Verily, along with every hardship is relief.

Verily, along with every hardship is relief.

(Surah Ash-Sharh)

tasha>farah
10-25-2007, 09:25 PM
its not just he lack of muslims around me,its my whole life,things that obviously i dont wana go into.but im at the point where i feel 4 so long i stayed strong and now i cant do it anymore.all ur advice is right and great and before i would of sad yeah thanks but now i feel in so deep i dont see anyway out.

nebula
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
sis

thats what the shaytaan wants you to do give up! trust me i esure you giving up will not help you in anyway...

sis you have Allah to talk to... a true believer will never feel alone inshallah Allah knows what your going through trust me
theres not a leaf that falls without Allah knowing of it...
dont you think Allah knows what your going through?

try reading salaat and after your praying just sit down and seriously talk to Allah tell him your problems sis... no prayer goes unanswered

You have all of us to talk to, all of your bros and sisters man where right here man inshallah besides you...

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
what choice do you have? fortunately, you have a daughter who needs you.
sometimes when we are in great pain, God seems very far away. this is when we need him the most, but something in us has blocked him.
have you lost faith in islam, or have you lost faith in life and in your ability to cope with it?
i don't know what you're going through but you are obviously suffering and feeling abandoned by God and everyone. many people have been where you are now. believe it or not, it does pass and things do get better.
don't lose hope - you can't afford to as a mother. giving up is not an alternative.
i hope you will find help and support while you are going through whatever it is that is happening in your life.

Ghira
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
The people who suffer the most in this life are the anbiya Prophets alay salaam. Then those after them then those after them. Look and read at Prophet (saw) life and compare it to yours...No comparision at all. When I am distressed I always repeat "With hardship comes many ease, with hardship comes many ease" Then I say life is short and the ease will come sooner than expected. It does make me feel better. Just do what the Prophet (saw) did when he was in major distress he turned to his Creator for help immediate either through dhikr or salaah. That is what brought ease in his life. That should bring ease to all of our lives. Read Sura balaad and get a tafsir of that Sura. In that Surah it says "Indeed we have created humans in toil/distress." What does that mean? Why did Allah (swt) do that?

Read begining of sura Ankabut...we all be tested eventually to see separate the true believers from the liars.

If that all does not work look at all the wonderful things Allah (swt) gave you and be grateful for that. Look at people who have less than you and that will really wake you up. Gratitude can change your whole life 180 degrees. True Gratitude is amazing feeling that our Prophet (saw) always experienced. Gratitude is even linked to Kaffar (disbelief) which is what you are falling towards, unfortunately. I could say a lot more but I try to make it short. May Allah (swt) guide you, make your heart firm upon his deen, and increase you in gratitiude...ameen.

tasha>farah
10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
ive lost faith in life and i no theres people out there way worse off than me but ryt now im feelin in a wa6y n which i cant even begin 2 sit and think about that,wel i cant control the way im feeling.ive had tears streaming down my face for almost the last 2 hours.its uncontolable.

nebula
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
ive lost faith in life and i no theres people out there way worse off than me but ryt now im feelin in a wa6y n which i cant even begin 2 sit and think about that,wel i cant control the way im feeling.ive had tears streaming down my face for almost the last 2 hours.its uncontolable.
aww man sis i really feel for you...

maybe it would help if you told us whats really bothering you? and from there inshallah we can help even more

Ghira
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Uncontrollable tears = stronger sincereity for help from Creator = coming closer to Creator when help does arrive....patience Sister patience. Definitely seek some counsel and help from people and know that in the end is for those who are conscious of thier Lord so keep firm in deen....and be aware of the hereafter after the temporary life.

Your daughter is looking up to you as an example and she needs you to stay strong. The purpose of dhikr and salaah is to make us into better people who set best standard for our offspring. Through this adverse times you will be a better person and gain rather than lose if you remain strong and patient...if you don't your daughter will be lost as well.

tasha>farah
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
i umderstand wot u r all sayin but ithe fact of forgetin it all,do u think i wud if i cud,i wud luv 2.It carries on and on.Weneva i feel like things r goin ok sumet happens and drags me back down again.Maybe when im feeling a bit better i can do somthing but right now im in such a bad place.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM

Perhaps these threads will make you feel better Insha'Allaah :):

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...lace-ease.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...dying-out.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...s-sorrows.html

nebula
10-25-2007, 10:01 PM
sis theres a nice nasheed that might cheer you up :)

http://beta.muxlim.tv/video/Hfsyp_AWEU7 it kinda relates to how ur feeling :)

papa_smurf
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Wipe away your tears, think well of your lord and chase away the worries by remembering the bessings that Allah (SWT) has put upon you.
Be optimistic sister, for Allah (SWT) is with you, and the angels are praying forgiveness for you, and paradise awaits you.:shade:

nebula
10-25-2007, 10:06 PM
sis remember Allah loves you more then 70 mothers (someone correct me if im wrong)

and when u take 1 step towards Allah he takes 10 steps towards you (correct me if im wrong)

papa_smurf
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
sis remember Allah loves you more then 70 mothers (someone correct me if im wrong)
hmm, not sure about the 70.

Whatsthepoint
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
How can God's love be measured?

Re.TiReD
10-25-2007, 10:13 PM
:salamext:

Allah does NOT overburden any soul! SubhanAllah! and how do I know? because I've felt the same way you have, and we always get through these things with patience although we may not realise it at the time. Difficulties make us stronger and help us appreciate the better things in life.

True patience is patience at the moment the calamity first strikes (Bukhaari) :w:

Re.TiReD
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Try measuring Gods love by appreciating and realising all the problems he DOESNT give you.

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
don't try to turn this thread in to a theological debate. :thumbs_do
someone is hurting and people are trying to support and console.

Whatsthepoint
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
Try measuring Gods love by appreciating and realising all the problems he DOESNT give you.
Hehe, not falling for that for sure.:D
I'm interested wheter god's love toward humans is infinite and unchanging or does it sometimes equal the love of 70 mothers and then changes according to our actions, faith etc?

Whatsthepoint
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I suggest you treat your depression medically and at the same time visit a mosque or any other islamic place of worship and find a professional who will renew and strenghten your faith, answer all your quetion and doubts etc.
If none of this works...try harder.:shade:

Re.TiReD
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَالصَّابِرِينَ
“Surely, Allaah is with those who are As-Saabiroon (the patient)” [Al-Anfaal 8:46]

I don't know whats wrong with my connection, I've noticed that snakelegs and whatsthepoint have replied but I cant seem to see the messages...very unfortunate...I'll just have patience Insha'Allah. Peace

Re.TiReD
10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm interested wheter god's love toward humans is infinite and unchanging or does it sometimes equal the love of 70 mothers and then changes according to our actions, faith etc?

Would you be happy if I smacked you... or smiled at you? go figure...if you can. Depending on our actions...Allah is either happy with us...or not. But He is also the most forgiving

nebula
10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
sorry i said allah loves you more then 70 mothers thats why i said correct me if im wrong.... i read it somewhere

Allah loves us all alot doesnt matter how we look or anything :) it makes u love him even more doesnt it? :cry:

Na7lah
10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
My only advise is : Make dua and put your trust
in Allah :)

nebula
10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I suggest you treat your depression medically and at the same time visit a mosque or any other islamic place of worship and find a professional who will renew and strenghten your faith, answer all your quetion and doubts etc.
If none of this works...try harder.:shade:
hehe nice edit

Maidah
10-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Allah's love to us is always the same. it's just us humans that don't stay the same all teh time. When our circumstances change or we've to face difficulties we assume Allah's love for us has changed, when the truth is that our trust on Allah changes.

Sister my best advice to you is that no matter how many ppl you have around you, if you feel resltess in your heart a caravan will still feel like a barren place to you. What you need to do is to find inner peace and teh best way to do so is to know what you're doing is what you're meant to do, tshi is what you're here for and be content with what you have and what you're doing.

when we have something to look forward to, or even strive for, we have an aim in our lives. And thsi aim keesp our hope alive and keeps us moving. If you have nothing to live for then life is very empty. You have ur daughter to live for, her future, you have a life you need to live that Allah has granted you. these difficulties are the things that keeps you going, if we had none of them we would never appreciate what we have.

Don't give up on life and deffo not islam, because it's teh shaytan that is making you feel like ur difficulties stem form the fact that you converted to islam, when these difficulties are mere test from Allah to see how strongly ur holding onto him, and inshallah it will soon be over.

:peace:

Woodrow
10-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Sometimes when we think we have lost faith it is not that it was lost, we have simply lost value of our selves. Times do happen in our lives that we can not understand how AllaaH(swt) could possibly have any concern about us. We are so useless it seems impossible for us to expect love or carrying from anybody, not even from ourself.

Yet, we need to remember, we can not judge anybody, not even ourself. we need to shake our feelings off and remember, it is not our place to judge.

None of this is easy, and it doesn't even make any sense to hear words like this when we are in pain. The best way to handle pain, emotional or physical is to handle it for this moment. remember this thing that hurts was here yesterday and some how we have made it to this moment. It has not yet destroyed us, why do we think it will?

with all of that said, Remember sister, you do have Brothers and Sisters here and in the entire Ummah that truly are concerned about your feelings and grief along with you in your pain.There are many who would would gladly take your pain upon themselves if it could be done.

At the moment, just simply talk as much as you can about your pain. Do not tell us any personal details, as the details are not of importance, The importance is that we can be here and let you know we really do feel and really do understand.

Even more important is to remember, that no matter how much we want you to be free from pain, Allaah(swt) is the only one who can show pure infinite mercy and he is the most merciful.

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Sallam sis.

InshAllah I will remember u in my dua sis.

I know it may not seem like it for you at the moment but its true that after every hard ship comes ease Allah repeated it twise!:sunny:

sis when you remember what we are created for, then it makes us not worry about this dunia so much, and concentrate as well as look forward to Janna InshAllah:sunny:

I pray that Allah swa eases your situation and makes you smile again:D
Ameeeeeeen

PS
sis please remember that shaitaan will make your problems seem so much worse then they are

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-25-2007, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sometimes when we think we have lost faith it is not that it was lost, we have simply lost value of our selves. Times do happen in our lives that we can not understand how AllaaH(swt) could possibly have any concern about us. We are so useless it seems impossible for us to expect love or carrying from anybody, not even from ourself.

Yet, we need to remember, we can not judge anybody, not even ourself. we need to shake our feelings off and remember, it is not our place to judge.

None of this is easy, and it doesn't even make any sense to hear words like this when we are in pain. The best way to handle pain, emotional or physical is to handle it for this moment. remember this thing that hurts was here yesterday and some how we have made it to this moment. It has not yet destroyed us, why do we think it will?

with all of that said, Remember sister, you do have Brothers and Sisters here and in the entire Ummah that truly are concerned about your feelings and grief along with you in your pain.There are many who would would gladly take your pain upon themselves if it could be done.

At the moment, just simply talk as much as you can about your pain. Do not tell us any personal details, as the details are not of importance, The importance is that we can be here and let you know we really do feel and really do understand.

Even more important is to remember, that no matter how much we want you to be free from pain, Allaah(swt) is the only one who can show pure infinite mercy and he is the most merciful.
:cry:MashAllah well said

جوري
10-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Yesterday on sultan.org the Arabic portion, I read a story of one Palestinian who went to picnic with his pregnant wife and three children, to make a long story short, the bus was raided, the driver killed immediately, his wife and son were shot and died, and his other son was shot in the back, had a cord injury and is now paralyzed.. he needs contant care, some family in spain sponsored treatment for the kid and the man with his injured son and his remining daughter are moving there shortly to spain.. he said he can't look back for he has to remain strong for his remaining children...

Why did I write this compendious piece when anyone can simply go read it?
Simple.. life is full of crap and strife..one can be fatally overwhelmed, or one can pick up the pieces and see how they can move on with their lives..

I am not making a case for God or Islam.. I don't think I or anyone else needs to. So for the original poster... I can appreciate your troubles, it would be condescending for me to write this and not have experienced loss or hardship myself.. it is simply the lot of wo/man as decreed for her/him on this earth (the human condition)...

will end on this note and hope you reflect a little on your state of affairs..

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ {155}
[Pickthal 2:155] And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast,

Sunnih
10-26-2007, 12:49 AM
A couple of words from me too.

Everything that happens, happens by the will of Allah be this a misfortune or a happy event.

Misfortunes do happen and this is not the first time nor will it be the last and you are not the first nor will you be the last one to be in such position.

Remember that there are two types of misfortunes:

1) A misfortune that brings good

2) A misfortune that brings loos

Also the misfortunes that bring good to a person can be divided into two types

1) Misfortunes that come to alert you so that you can make tawbah and improve your condition

2) Misfortunes that cleanse your sins and are a means of reward for you.

as for the misfortunes that bring loss they too can be of two types:

1) Misfortunes that befall you as punishment

2) Misfortunes that befall you as a test that takes you away from the strait path

You must understand that the governance of Allah upon us is of two components:

1) Kada el kawni (the universal will)

2) Tashree (legislation of sheriah)

Therefore accordingly there are two components of the will of Allah too.

1)Iradah el-kawniyah (that which Allah wills to happen)

2)Iradah esh-sheriah (that with which Allah is pleased that we follow)

There is an important link between the two and if this link can be understood and the behavior follows in line with it everything becomes only of bennefit for the individual.

In regard the iradah el-kawniyah, this consists of everything that Allah wills to happen be this something that He is pleased with or no. So whatever Allah wills, will definitely happen as in His saying: "...He says be and it is" (36:82)

In regard of the iradah esh-sheriah then this is what Allah is pleased with and what He has ordered us to do. However this may happen and may not happen. As in His saying: "Allah wishes to accept your repentance" (4:27)
Yet this may happen but it may also not happen as apart from wishing it there are also other factors linked to it such as justice for example so if you were to choose to repent to Him then this may happen and if you do not choose to repent this will not happen and such is justice. Just like He says:

"Your Lord has chosen mercy (to be Most Gracious)..." (6:54) so here Allah says what He wants for Himself and He informs us of such yet He says to us also:

"My mercy encompasses everything. But I will write it only for those who fear Me, give charity and believe in our signs..." (7:156)

So this is encouraging us by telling us what He is pleased with and how to obtain this at the same time. His encouragement is great indeed just like He has said: "O my servants who have oppressed yourselves! Do not despair of the mercy of Allah. He forgives all sins. He is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful" (39:53)

Not only this but He also warns us by saying: "And who looses hope in Him except the doomed ones?" (15:56)

So taking all this into account I say to you:

Whatever has befallen you, be it small or large, you must evaluate according to the shariah of Allah and your response should be accordingly.

If you are tried by something and you sin, you look at it from the point of shariah and you hate it, you feel remorse, you ask for forgiveness from Allah by repenting sincerely to Him. You try to improve yourself and try not to repeat such. You learn an important lesson that if you are confronted with any situation you evaluate it beforehand according to the shariah and then you choose your response accordingly.

When you arrive at this, nothing happens to him/her but is in his favor. The losses are diminished and the pain becomes sweet. Sorrow turns into happiness. This because the believing slave of Allah knows that he will find Allah supporting him and rewarding him and as great as the trial it might be, the support and reward for it will overshadow the trials magnitude.

Sheikh ul-islam Ibn Taymiyah has written certain words worth to be written in gold in this matter. He says: "The misfortunes are beneficial as they bring rewards and demand patience. As a result the slave of Allah is rewarded for such. They ask forgiveness from Allah and bring themselves low in front of Him. They distract themselves from the creation of Allah and other things like these. So the misfortune is used by Allah to bring forgiveness for ones sins and this is from the greatest of benefits. This way, the misfortunes are beneficial for all creatures. However the one to whom the misfortune befalls upon and he indulges into more sins and greater than those that he was committing before the misfortune, this was bad for him regarding his religion as there are people that when they are tried by poverty, illness and pain, they suffer hipochrisy, fear, faint heart, return to disbelief, abandoning the obligations and committing the forbidden that bring loss to his religion...yet there are those who gain patience from this misfortune and become obedient. It is in fact a benefit for them and Allah must be thanked for it. Whoever is tried by a misfortune and patience is granted to him, this is beneficial to him and he has earned rewards from his Lord. Allah says: "...those are them on whom blessings and mercy from Allah descend" (2:156-157). At the same time his sin is forgiven and his grade is risen...".

You must not think that trials are only for the sinners as this notion is false. Indeed the best are tried harder than anyone else: Darimi, Ibn Majah and Tirmidhi narrate from S'ad that the Prophet was asked: "Who from people is tried most by the misfortunes?! He replied: The prophets, then the best, then the best. Man is tried according to his religion.....trials are attached to him until he walks on earth without any sin".

There is only one way of escape for you. Run from Allah to Allah. This is the secret of success, the perfection of tawhid by not directing your dua, fear, hope, repentance, worship, dependence, seeking help and refuge, asking for relief and a way out, seeking what brings benefits and repels harm only from Allah and nothing and no one but Him.

Sheikh ul-islam Ibn Kajjim says: "Verily the tawhid that is required from the servant of Allah is that he fervently runs from Allah to Allah. In this domain of "from" - "to", is the great reality of tawhid. Running to Allah includes turning for help only to Him, worship and all else that follows from them such as love, fear, surrender and dependence. This includes the tawhid of ilahiyah, that was the common message of all the prophets and messengers. On the other hand the running from Allah to Allah, includes the tawhid er-rububiyah and the affirmation of predestination. This shows that everything that you hate, fear or try to avoid in creation can happen only according to the will of Allah. Verily whatever Allah decrees, comes to pass and it's existence becomes obligatory through the decree of Allah. Whatever Allah does not decree, will never happen and is impossible to exist. Thus, when one runs to Allah, in fact he is running to Allah as a result of what was ordered and willed by Allah. In other words you are running from Allah to Allah. Whoever can understand these words right, can understand the supplication of the messenger: "...I seek refuge in You from You" also "there is no escape from You except to You".

So I advice you to look calmly into your affair and judge your decisions based upon the shariah of Allah in devotion. Verily this is the triumph assured. Just like Allah says:

"...and who fears Allah and is obedient to Him, Allah will make a way out for him" (65:2)

Lastly I pray to Allah to dispel from you all worries, stress and weakness. Verily there is no God but Allah and there is no success except as He wills it.

The Ruler
10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Then move somewhere where you have someone to turn to, someone to talk to. I know it's not an easy job, but then again, looking at where you live, it shouldn't be a problem meeting muslims. Unless, Birmingham is a town whose name appeals to you and so you decide to put it as your location.

Or, you could talk to sisters online. IM isn't always fitnah; it's help too. I would like to give you my email address; except, I don't do the whole MSN-thing-thing anymore. It bores me.

UmmSqueakster
10-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Have you spoken with a medical professional? Some people need medication, so that they ahve the energy and strength to keep fighting.

My depression often spirals downward. Something bad happens, even something small, and my mind just makes it worse and worse and worse, until I can't see any hope at all. But with the medicine I take, it helps me to think more clearly, and to counteract the downward spiral.

I say to myself - God doesn't give a soul more burden than (s)he can bear. God knows me better than I know myself. I trust God. Therefore, He knows I can handle this, no matter how bad it gets.

It's hard going, but you just have to fight that feeling inside of yourself. Shaytan wants you to fail. Allah (swt) wants you to suceed. Allah (swt) knows you can suceed, because He gave you the ability to suceed.

2:286 God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear: in his favour shall be whatever good he does, and against him whatever evil he does. O our Sustainer! Take us not to task if we forget or unwittingly do wrong! "O our Sustainer! Lay not upon us a burden such as Thou didst lay upon those who lived before us! [278] O our Sustainer! Make us not bear burdens which we have no strength to bear! "And efface Thou our sins, and grant us forgiveness, and bestow Thy mercy upon us! Thou art our Lord Supreme: succour us, then, against people who deny the truth!"

La yukallifu Allahu nafsan illa wusAAaha laha ma kasabat waAAalayha ma iktasabat rabbana la tuakhithna in naseena aw akhtana rabbana wala tahmil AAalayna isran kama hamaltahu AAala allatheena min qablina rabbana wala tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bihi waoAAfu AAanna waighfir lana wairhamna anta mawlana faonsurna AAala alqawmi alkafireena

لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ (2:286)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2007, 05:42 PM
whatever Allah wills to happen will happen, you can either be constructive and gain reward, or you can be destructive and gain sins...

lifes gonna pass by and soon we'll be in our graves....

dont you see this lifes not mean to be enjoyed? look at the life of the prophet and tell me if your life is 0.1% as hard?

dont take all your pain and anguish and try to blank out our prophets hardship because he attempted to sail through it with a smile, that was his god given strength....

when in distress look to those with more distress and thank Allah

CHANGE THINGS FOR YOURSELF!!!!!

Karina
10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
i umderstand wot u r all sayin but ithe fact of forgetin it all,do u think i wud if i cud,i wud luv 2.It carries on and on.Weneva i feel like things r goin ok sumet happens and drags me back down again.Maybe when im feeling a bit better i can do somthing but right now im in such a bad place.
You poor thing. I know it doesn't seem like it now but if I can tell you one thing that my lovely beautiful mum always told me, it's so true, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Things seem bad now but there is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel even if you can't see it right now. There is always another option even if it seems like all roads are closed. There is always another choice which will make you feel better.

Have courage, have strength, have faith, make dua'ah, think about your daughter, and really, know that as well as G-d, you have everybody on this forum to look out for you and support you in your time of need.

:)

'Abd-al Latif
10-27-2007, 09:25 PM
ive lost faith in islam my whole lifes a mess many times i feel like killing myself i dont no wot to do,im at rock bottom.my daughte is the opnlything keepin me in this world
peace be upon the seekers of truth.

a muslim should never dispair, dont give up the treasure that you have uncovered which is islam because remember that u r part of the biggest family that this world has ever seen and that is the ummah of Muhammad (saw) and as ur brother in islam it saddens me and to hear that u feel alone in ur sorrow, so perhaps this might be a good time to let u know that u r not alone because every muslim in the world is facing a struggling, whether its life threatning or mentally distressing and this struggling is to be closer to the highest companion and that is Allah. this world is no more then a pit stop, to a final destination which is either hell fire or paradise and the only thing that stands between u and it...is death.

would u settle for a bike when u can have a car? or would u settle for a penny when u be a millionaire? then would u settle for this world if u can have al jannah (paradise)? the prophet (s.a.w) says in a hadith that Allah will put his servent who suffered the most in this world in paradise for 1 moment and he will ask them "O my servent, have u ever felt any pain and suffering in ur life?" and this servent will reply "no, my Lord, I have never felt any pain and suffering"

nobody dispairs of the mercy of Allah except those who disbelieve, Allah is with those who are patient, holds high in rank and gives victory to those who are patient, and a muslim is given nothing better then patience.

Invoke Allah this specific dua for when you find something becoming difficult for you (Click this link)

Have trust in Allah, and in return He will u reward without account...

This world is the place of striving and the Hereafter is the place of reward or punishment, where the believers will be rewarded with Paradise.

Paradise is good and none but those who were good will enter it. Allaah is Good and accepts nothing but that which is good. So the way of Allaah with His slaves is to test them with calamities and tribulations, so that the believer may be known from the kaafir and so that the truthful may be distinguished from the liar, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested.

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3]

Victory and success cannot be achieved except after tests which will bring the good forth from the evil and tell the believer apart from the kaafir, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now, until He distinguishes the wicked from the good. Nor will Allaah disclose to you the secrets of the Ghayb (Unseen)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:179]
Among the trials with which Allaah tests His slaves in order to distinguish the believers from the disbelievers is that which He mentions in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabiroon (the patient).

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’

They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”

[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]
So Allaah tests His slaves, and He loves those who are patient, and gives them the glad tidings of Paradise.

Allaah tests His slaves with jihaad, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do you think that you will enter Paradise before Allaah tests those of you who fought (in His Cause) and (also) tests those who are As-Saabiroon (the patient)?”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:142]
Allaah is merciful to His slaves; He sends repeated tribulations upon the ummah so that they may return and repent to Him, and give up that which Allaah has forbidden, and so that Allaah might forgive them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“See they not that they are put in trial once or twice every year (with different kinds of calamities, disease, famine)? Yet, they turn not in repentance, nor do they learn a lesson (from it)”

[al-Tawbah 9:126]
It is part of the mercy of Allaah that disasters befall sinners in this world, so that their souls might be purified and they might come back to Allaah before they die:

“And verily, We will make them taste of the near torment (i.e. the torment in the life of this world, i.e. disasters, calamities) prior to the supreme torment (in the Hereafter), in order that they may (repent and) return (i.e. accept Islam)”

[al-Sajdah 32:21 – interpretation of the meaning]

my dear sister in islam, u have the most powerful tool that can change ur misfortune into blessings by just raising ur hands and asking Allah to help u thru this distress and keep u firm and steadfast on islam and help u attain our final destination which is paradise...a muslim should never give up, so neither should u. and Allah is the most just to His servents.

Samkurd
10-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Dude i was feeling the same like you at one point in my life. I felt like... whats the point in me being here? My life is being wasted away and im not contributing to this world, nothing is going right for me and everything is messing up... i should just end it now. There were so many reasons why i wanted to end it, i would write pages and pages of my problems nd thoughts.

BUT there was the thought in the back of my head - 'You are stronger than this, you are stronger than the rest, keep your self awake in this world, be courageous' and seriously it helped. I just took time off to put things back in order. I took each thing one step at a time, i did feel lonely sometimes but theres always things to make friends, go to the movies, to the gym, talk to some people man invite them out for lunch or something. Also, try do some things with your daughter like 'Quality Time' night where you and her watch a movie with snacks once a week.

Trust me, have the courage to do what you want to do, follow your dreams and you will be happy with yourself.

MuSlima87
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM

I hope you are in good health and Imaan insha'Allah,
I just wanted to say May Allah make everything easy for you and remember insha'Allah that Allah tests every believer, to see if we have patience and remember Allah in the hard times and not only in the good times.Subhana'Allah that makes a muslim different, because we believe that every situation is good for a believer, if something bad happens in your life ,then Allah is testing if you have patience and after that test insha'Allah Allah will reward you in this life and in the hereafter , and if something good happens in your life Allah is testing you if you are gratefull

Don't give up dear sister remember if you remember Allah swt and ask Him for help with sincerity Allah will help you insha'Allah.Because Allah is most forgiving the One who we rely upon. Dear sister just think of all the things The Most Merciful has given you how many good things, it's important that we look in the worldy things at the people who have less then us, and in the matters of deen and imaan at the people who are stronger then us, so that we will be gratefull in our worldy affairs, and that we strive to make our imaan stronger. And wallaahi dear sister your not alone, how often do we think that if something bad happens in our lives that we won't be able to handle it but then if you make sincere du'aa in your prayer in your sudjuud when your the closest to Allah swt,Allah shows you a way out subhana'Allah.

And dear sister I want u to remember a very important du'aa ,and it's a du'aa the the prophet peace be upon him used to say a lot.

Yaa muqalibul quluub tabat qalbiy 'ala dienik

wasalaam your sister in Islaam

Gator
11-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Please, if you have feelings of suicide and/or other signs of depression, please please please, see your doctor or get professional help.

Depression is a tough thing to live with and so hard to get out of. I struggled with it for like 35 years, before I started to get help.

Hopelessness, feeling overwhelmed, lack of motivation, social anxiety (being anxious to the point it stops you from doing the right thing) are things I had learned to cope with for a long time. Its what people with depressive disorder do.

I finally got it together to see my doctor. I was afraid that he'd (and everyone else) just blow me off and say just suck it up and do this or that or try harder.

To my surprise he was totally supportive and said that it wasn't enough just to cope. He wanted the goal of therapy to be for me not just to cope but THRIVE. I was treated medically and depressive therapy.

All I can say its helped me tremendously. PLEASE, go see professional help.

If the first one doesn't help or you don't like where he's going see someone else.

You only get one life (in my opinion), so please reach out.

PM me if you need advice.
:smile:

MuSlima87
11-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Sabr or Shukr - The Worry Stops Here!

Muhammad al-Shareef

Aasiyah, the wife of Fir’own (Pharoah). Her Eeman in Allah thrived under the shadow of someone that said, “I am your Lord, Most High!” When news reached Fir’own of his wife’s Eeman he beat her and commanded his guards to beat her. They took her out in the scalding noon heat, tied her hands and feet and beat her perpetually. Who did she turn to? She turned to Allah! She prayed, “My lord, build for me a home with you in Paradise and save me from Fir’own and his deeds and save me from the transgressing people.”

It was narrated that when she said this, the sky opened for her and she saw her home in Paradise. She smiled. The guards watched astonished, she’s being tortured and she smiles? Frustrated, Fir’own commanded a boulder to be brought and dropped on Aasiyah, to crush her to death. But Allah took her soul before the boulder was brought and she became an example for all the believing men and women till the end of time:

And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Fir’own – when she said, “My Lord, Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir’own and his deeds, and save me from the transgressing disbelieving people.” [Qur'an 66:11]

In the Hadeeth of Jibreel [the Angel Gabriel], when he came to the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allah's peace and blessing be upon him), and asked him about Islam, Eeman, and Ihsaan, the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said about Eeman, “Eeman is to believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His Messengers, the Final Day, and the divine decree, the good and the bad thereof.” For the past few weeks we have been reflecting on this Hadeeth, only glimpses. Today we shall conclude with the last article of Eeman: to believe in the Divine decree, the good and the bad thereof.

As you and I travel though life we find ourselves in one of two situations. Either something good is happening in our lives and in which case – as Muslims - our role is have Shukr (to thank Allah for the blessing). Or something bad is happening to us, something we dislike and our role here is to have Sabr (patience). This is the formula for a happy life, a life cruising towards the pleasure of Allah. Sabr or Shukr, the worry stops here.

The Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, “Strange is the affair of the Mu’min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (Saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the Mu’mmin.”

Ibn Al-Jowzee said, “If this Dunya was not a station of tests it would not be filled with sicknesses and filth. If life was not about hardship, then the Prophets and the pious would have lived the most comfortable of lives. Nay, Aadam (Adam) suffered test after test until he left the Dunya. Nuh (Noah) cried for 300 years. Ibrahim (Abraham) was thrown into a pit of fire and later told to slaughter his son. Ya’qub (Jacob) cried until he became blind. Musa (Moses) challenged Fir’own and was tested by his people. Iesa (Jesus) had no provision except the morsels his disciples provided him with. And Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam met poverty with patience, his uncle - one of the most beloved relatives to him - was slain and mutilated and his people disbelieved in him...And the list of Prophets and the pious goes on and on.”

What happens to us happens by the will of Allah. It is an article of our Eeman in Qada’ and Qadr that we are pleased with Allah’s choice, Good or seemingly bad it is all the test of this Dunya. How could we imagine that we shall not be tested when those who were better than us suffered what they suffered? They however came away with the pleasure of Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala (How far from imperfection is He and He is the Most High).

Al Hasan ibn Arafah narrated, “I visited Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal after he was whipped and tortured. I said to him, “O Abu Abdillaah, you have reached the station of the Prophets!” He said, “Keep quiet. Verily, I saw nothing more than people selling their Deen. And I saw scholars that were with me sell their Faith. So I said to myself, ‘Who am I? What am I? What am I going to say to Allah tomorrow when I stand in front of Him and He asks me, “Did you sell your Deen like the others did?”? So I looked at the whip and the sword and chose them. And I said, “If I die I shall return to Allah and say: ‘I was told to say that one of Your Characteristics was something created but I did not.’ After that, it will be upto Him - either to punish me of be Merciful on me.”

Al-Hasan ibn Arafah then asked, “Did you feel pain when they whipped you?” He said “Yes, I felt the pain up to 20 lashes then I lost all feeling (They whipped him over eighty times). After it was over I felt no pain and that day I prayed Dhurhr standing.”

Al-Hasan ibn Arafah started weeping when he heard what had happened. Imaam Ahmad questioned him, “Why are you crying? I did not lose my Eeman. After that why should I care if I lose my life.”

They were better than us but this was how they were tested.

Let us discuss some facts about these tests of life, the good and the bad that befalls us:

* Much of what befalls us – the hard times – is the direct result of our own sins.

Allah, ta’ala (The Most High), says:

And whatever misfortune befalls you it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much. [Qur'an 42:30]

Muhammad ibn Seereen used to say when his debts piled up and he felt sad, “I know that the cause of this sadness is a sin I committed over 40 years ago.”

* People understand that when something bad happens it is a test from Allah. But dear Brothers and Sisters, the good things that happen to us are also a test.

Allah, ta’ala, says:

And we tested them with good (blessings) and evil (calamities) in order that they might turn back [Qur'an 7:168]

Abd al-Malik ibn Ishaq said, “There is no one that is not tested with health and prosperity to measure how thankful he is (Shukr).”

And the Companion – Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Awf, radhiAllaahu 'anhu (May Allah be pleased with him), said, “We were tested with hardship and were patient. And then we were tested with prosperity and we were not patient. Because of this Allah states:

O ye who believe! Let not your wealth or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whosoever does that, then they are the losers. [Qur'an 63:9]

* Patience must happen from the beginning, not three days later or one day later, at the first news of the calamity, when it first happens. The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, “Verily patience (is only Sabr when practiced) at the first hit (of news).”

* There are things that contradict Sabr. Tearing ones shirt, for example, slapping ones face, slapping hands, shaving ones head, and cursing and wailing. Umm Salamah narrates: I heard the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam say, “Any Muslim that says when a calamity befalls him that which Allah commanded him: To Allah we belong and to him we return. O Allah reward me in this calamity and give me better then it – (any Muslim that says this) Allah will grant him better than (that which he lost).” [Muslim]

* These tests and hardships wash our sins. 'Aaisha radhiAllaahu 'anha said, “Verily fever sheds sins like a tree sheds leaves.”

* The hardships that befall us distinguish the believers from the insincere. Shumayt ibn Ajlaan said, “The pious and the ungrateful are hidden by health. Yet when calamities befall the two men are separated (by how they react).”

Allah says in the Qur'an:

Alif/Laam/Meem. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say, “We believe,” and will not be tested? Indeed We tested those who (lived) before them [Qur'an 29:1-3]

Part II: Towards Sabr

Ali radhiAllaahu 'anhu said, “Verily Sabr is to Eeman what the head is to the body. When the head is cut off, the body falls. (He then raised his voice) Verily there is no Eeman for he who has no Sabr (patience).”

There are three types of Sabr that the Muslim must have:

a. Sabr in the obedience of Allah. For example, One must be patient and perform their Fajr at it’s time.

b. Sabr in not disobeying Allah. Like someone might say, “I have to listen to music in the car.” No you are command by He who gave you those ears to not listen to those lullabies of the Devil. And you must have Sabr in not disobeying Allah.

c. Sabr in what Allah Decrees on us. For example, if our child was to pass away we should be patient and seek the reward of Allah in our patience and say only that which is pleasing to Allah.

There are two keys. If we understand them we shall open the door to Sabr in our lives:

The First Key: Know that our souls, families and wealth do not belong to us, they belong to Allah. He gave it to us as a loan to see what we would do with it. And when he takes it back He is taking back what belongs to Him. We had nothing before the blessing and we’ll have nothing after it. We did not create the blessing from nothing, so how can we claim that it belongs to us.

The Second Key: We are on a journey and the destination is the hereafter – Paradise or Hell. We’ll be leaving the Dunya behind us and we’ll come back to Allah by ourselves. This is what needs our focus. And if Allah is pleased with us then no worry. If He is not pleased with us then all worry.

Let me draw your attention to a verse. Listen carefully. Allah revealed:

Guard strictly the (five obligatory) prayers, especially the middle Salaah (prayer) and stand before Allah in obedience. [Qur'an 2:238]

The verses before this deal with divorce. The verses after it deal with divorce. Why was this verse placed in the middle? The Ulama’ (Islamic scholars) have suggested, Wa Allaahu a’lam (and Allah knows best), that in the hard times that a person goes through they should not forget the remembrance of Allah, the Salaah. And it is that Salaah coupled with Sabr that will pull them through.

O you who believe! Seek Help in Patience and Salaah. Truly, Allah is with those that are patient. [Qur'an 2:153]

There is good news for those who intend to act on their Sabr. Allah promised them three things: His prayer for them, His Mercy, and their guidance.

Who, when afflicted with calamity say, “Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.” They are those on whom the Salawat (the blessing and forgiveness) of their Lord is upon them, and who shall receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones [Qur'an 2:157]

Allah says:

And We made from among them leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient. [Qur'an 32:24]

Sufyan ibn Uyaynah commented, “i.e. When they took hold of the leading issue, we made them leaders!”

muslim1
11-03-2007, 11:48 PM

God's love toward humans is infinite and unchanging, cuz God knows everything regardless of time and place.

mojahid
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry sister to hear all these. May Allah help you through this situation and and make everything easy for you. The sweetness of this life is counting Allah's rewards for our patience.

jouju
11-04-2007, 06:34 AM
assalamu alykum
my dear sister, Rem d pains the prophet had, d trials..?
Allah is everywhere,,,He certainly knows the pain ur in..Its a trial from Allah
Make duu'as Allah is your only salvation
Am praying for you my dear but pls b strong

INNALLAHA MA'A ASSABIRIN

Strzelecki
11-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Asalamalaykum.
Sister, first and foremost think of your daughter. She needs you, and needs to see you persevere, no matter how hard it would be.
I know it's been repeated again and again in this thread, but 'with hardship comes ease'. Make lots of du'a, especially at times of negativity, as inshaAllah it will bring you close to Allah (swt).

I will make du'a for you. :)

Edit: I just had a look in the sisters profile. It seems she hasn't logged in for a week. :(

جوري
09-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know what became of this sister?

sob7an Allah, we need a better support system for new converts.. sometimes we are not just unsupportive we can be frankly off putting in the way we reach out, or rather lack of reaching out..

May Allah swt ease the affairs of Muslims

ameen

zakirs
09-06-2009, 09:06 AM
yeah i too really want to know. :( .Hope she is fine and doing good with her children.

sometimes we are not just unsupportive we can be frankly off putting in the way we reach out, or rather lack of reaching out..
I support this .. we are not supportive enough to converts.. how about introducing a mentor system in the forums for converts ? ..just a suggestion , sorry if i am wrong

Woodrow
09-07-2009, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
yeah i too really want to know. :( .Hope she is fine and doing good with her children.

I support this .. we are not supportive enough to converts.. how about introducing a mentor system in the forums for converts ? ..just a suggestion , sorry if i am wrong
I like that idea. Perhaps we can start a roster of volunteer mentors who we can assign to new reverts and help them through the early days.

cat eyes
09-07-2009, 03:47 AM
just read through the thread here sounded like the sister had severe case of depression. she mentioned that tears were streaming down her face for two years.. a very clear sign. sometimes things happen in our life things that rarely happen to others but we hide it and we bury it deep inside but it effects us later in life. others find it difficult to understand because they came from a loving supportive family, loads of friends around them. i think it was obvious she didnt have anybody to turn 2. but i hope she did find somebody in the end and there is only so many things a person can do

جوري
09-07-2009, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I like that idea. Perhaps we can start a roster of volunteer mentors who we can assign to new reverts and help them through the early days.
I would think it would be relatively easy insha'Allah.. I am under the impression that the new admin is well connected given all the recent talk of famous radio personalities on their Saturday evening show? ..
I was just reading a similar problem to this on the advise and support section.. a sister wanting basic amenities.. It is very unfortunate.. at the same time there needs to be some sort of social worker to assess their living situation and such, sometimes I can't personally distinguish true cries for help from persons looking to abuse others using their web anonymity.. :hmm:

Humbler_359
09-07-2009, 03:56 AM
:sl: sister,

How come our sister tasha>farah generally lost their faith in Allah just five months after reverting to Islam? what about other reverts here, still losing interest in Islam some months later? no Muslim friends or Mosque far away? or overwhelmed being young singler-mother with children?

Maybe, we didn't help them or found Islam too hard ? :hmm:

The point is people who revert to Islam shouldn't give up for no hope from our brothers or sisters, Islam means submission to God in which you accept and decide to become Muslim. It is between you and God via communication and devotion in prayers.

Basically, Allah know you in your heart and soul than our most brothers and sisters (maybe who didn't help you much ?) and will guide you straight path. Allah know the best in planner that us. :statisfie

I also think, it is important to keep in contact with her from our sisters members here and get help her better, Insha'Allah.

zakirs
09-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Does anyone know what became of this sister?
I tried mailing her.Delivery of the mail failed. :( .. i am worried now :(

mysticalrain
09-07-2009, 05:22 PM
She probably long forgot about this whole thread. I hope she's doing alright.

Muslimlearner
09-07-2009, 05:42 PM
I think most of the converts have downs like the sister did.
This is part from the trial,why everybody wants to go to the everlasting peace easy!?

Snowflake
09-07-2009, 05:59 PM
InshaAllah, we can still do the best thing for this sister by asking Allah to protect and preserve her, and her deen, in our duaas. There is no help save His. Ameen

talipot
09-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm very sad to learn about the situation you are in but this is a test from Allah , at least you should be grateful and thank Allah because in such situation The Creator always listen the suplications of His servant.Allah never put a burden greater than what His servant can bear. Read the Qur'an and you will find peace of mind .Do not dispair as Allah says in sura Al-Inshirah verses 5 - 8 : So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labor hard,

And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention
We pray for you May Allh sends His blessing on you and everybody of us

Nur-ud-Dean
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I went through a period, shortly after converting, where I got a bit depressed. I think it was a bit of a reaction to the highs of conversion, with other Muslims celebrating you and feeling that you've finally 'reached' what you were looking for. And then it dawns on you: far from having finished your search, you're really just beginning, and that can be awfully disconcerting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.