/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Query regarding suicide

Pure Imaan
10-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Assalamualaikum

I didnt no where to post this, so I decided to post it here. I had a question, I understand suicide is haraam in islam, can I ask why it is? And the consequences of commiting this sin. I was explaining it to a friend of mine and I could not give an comprehensive answer. Jazakallah for reading my thread

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
:sl:

I think its do with the fact that only Allah decides when a person lives or dies...

Allah swt says in the Quran

وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ بِكُمْ رَحِيمًا

Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful!
Surah Nisa Verse 29

In one incident narrated by Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak (RA): the Prophet (SAW) said, "Whoever intentionally swears falsely by a religion other than Islam, then he is what he has said, (e.g. if he says, 'If such thing is not true then I am a Jew,' he is really a Jew if he is a liar). And whoever commits suicide with a piece of iron, he will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell-fire."

Narrated by Jundub: The Prophet (SAW) said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he commited suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."
Narrated by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Prophet (SAW) said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell-fire (forever), and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself, he shall keep stabbing himself in the Hell-fire (forever)."

Pure Imaan
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok, I understand, jazakhallah brother for posting this, it will surely help me to answer the question my friend had, jazakhallah once again.

'Abd al-Baari
10-27-2007, 02:14 PM
:sl:

Wa Iyyakm :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Pure Imaan;

I am posting this simply because I read it in the Bible this morning and it is fresh in my mind.

1 Corinthians 3
16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
In the spirit of praying for peace in our heart

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.