/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality In Islamic Culture

doggy117
10-26-2007, 03:15 AM
This thread concerns the attitude of Muslims, especially the ones from deep Islamic communities, towards homosexuality.

When I compare Islam to the Catholic Church, which has accepted very feminine men to represent it as priests, I came across the thought that Muslims might regard masculinity as a more sacred quality or regard homosexuality as sacrilegious in men than Christians do. The only two things in my experience that gives this notion is that men seem to have more power in the religion. And recently Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of the country of Iran said, "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country."

I wonder, is there any dogmatic teachings that may reinforce the animosity that
Muslims (more often Middle-Eastern groups) have towards homosexuals?

Any information or inside looks about how the culture relates to faith in that way would be helpful, Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
speedstreem89
11-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Well, strait up Homosexuality in Islam is strictly forbidden. I dont have a detailed answer, but even in muslim countries and cultures, homosexuals are not accepted.

namr777
11-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I believe that Homosexuality is yet another temptation the devil uses against our kind... It joins the ranks of alcohol, stealing, killing etc.... Hence, those who state that it is part of our genes... Then it is true in a sense where it could be innate, but that doesn't forgive any human to be tempted into it... It is of very high graveness and I would fear for the sinner.... eternity is a very long time ;^)

Mashallah!

جوري
11-10-2007, 12:37 AM
the 'dogmatic' is no different than how many of you view necrophiliacs, pederasts or any down right deviant sexual behavior.. as was once classified in the DSM--

The diagnostic status of homosexuality in DSM-III: a reformulation of the issues
RL Spitzer

In 1973 homosexuality per se was removed from the DSM-II classification of mental disorders and replaced by the category Sexual Orientation Disturbance. This represented a compromise between the view that preferential homosexuality is invariably a mental disorder and the view that it is merely a normal sexual variant. While the 1973 DSM-II controversy was highly public, more recently a related but less public controversy involved what became the DSM-III category of Ego-dystonic Homosexuality. The author presents the DSM-III controversy and a reformulation of the issues involved in the diagnostic status of homosexuality. He argues that what is at issue is a value judgment about heterosexuality, rather than a factual dispute about homosexuality.
yes-- not thirty years ago,this was an act no different than other sexually deviant acts, and like pedophilia or necrophilia etc etc was treated with aversion therapy (behavior modification that uses unpleasant stimuli in a controlled fashion to alter behavior in a therapeutic way) -- after heavy lobbying it is so en vogue .. still not en vogue for us Muslims though..

We are not going to change our 'dogma' to fit the political tides...homoeroticism is today what it was 30 ears ago and what it was in times of Lut.. an act of sexual deviance!

cheers!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
khairullah
11-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Homosexuality is forbidden in Islam

THE NATION OF PROPHET LUT (pbuh) WAS PUNISHED AND DISTROYED BECAUSE OF HOMOSEXUALITY.
LUT (pbuh)

[007:080]We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you?

[021:074] And to Lut, too, We gave Judgment and Knowledge, and We saved him from the town which practiced abominations: truly they were a people given to Evil, a rebellious people

[026:167]They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!"

[027:054] (We also sent) Lut (as an apostle): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see (its iniquity)?

[027:056]But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"

[029:026]But Lut had faith in Him: He said: "I will leave home for the sake of my Lord: for He is Exalted in Might, and Wise."

[029:028]And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you

[054:033] The people of Lut rejected (his) warning.

[054:034] We sent against them a violent Tornado with showers of stones, (which destroyed them), except Lut's household: them We delivered by early Dawn,

"For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds."[007:081]

If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for God is Oft-returning, Most Merciful.[004:016]

Andrew
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I have a friend who said homosexuals are a freak of nature, when I asked why he said it is nature to procreate and obviously you can't do that with a member of the same sex so therefore they are freaks of nature as they defying what nature intended.

A controversial statement for him to make but I thought he backed it up very well with what he said.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.