/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inside Mecca - National Geographic

syilla
10-26-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry but i have to share with you guys this video.

This documentary made by National Geographic is interesting, true to life and informative. The plot is based on the stories of 3 people traveling to Mecca to perform hajj. Preparations, troubles and religious insights of the Muslim professor from the States, black journalist from South Africa, and the businessman from Indonesia are disclosed during their journey to Mecca and their actions in Mecca. It was interesting to find some facts about the city, religious rituals. Racial problem. In one episode the black man even in Mecca suffers because of his color in Mecca in the tent of his countrymen, therefore he decides to leave it. Also it was interesting to see satellite photos, religious Western paintings associated with famous religious figures associated with Mecca, also comments by the religious which were used in this movie
http://beta.muxlim.tv/video/vi8JkRisVIj

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
guyabano
10-26-2007, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I'm sorry but i have to share with you guys this video.

You say, you are sorry, but you don't have to. It's a beautiful video I enjoyed watching. Just one thing is disturbing me: At the entrance of Mekka, you see a highway sign 'Only for muslims' and 'Only Non-Muslims'. Somehow, this remembers me South-Africa the 'Aparteid', only white and only for black. :ooh:

syilla
10-26-2007, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
You say, you are sorry, but you don't have to. It's a beautiful video I enjoyed watching. Just one thing is disturbing me: At the entrance of Mekka, you see a highway sign 'Only for muslims' and 'Only Non-Muslims'. Somehow, this remembers me South-Africa the 'Aparteid', only white and only for black. :ooh:
Yeah...in mecca only muslims can go there. Because they go there to worship Allah swt not for a sight visit. :thankyou:

you can search in LI i think we do have a thread on this topic.

guyabano
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Yeah...in mecca only muslims can go there. Because they go there to worship Allah swt not for a sight visit. :thankyou:

you can search in LI i think we do have a thread on this topic.
And what if some non-muslims are curious about Islam? hmmm ^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
10-26-2007, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
And what if some non-muslims are curious about Islam? hmmm ^o)
i think they have to learn more about Islam first before they want to visit Mecca.

But actually brother woodrow once able to go to Mecca without converting. You should ask him more on this.

syilla
12-03-2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n_f0etlghg&eurl=
American Convert's Journey to Hajj (pt.1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNK9V...eature=related
American Convert's Journey to Hajj (pt.2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewtp9...eature=related
American Convert's Journey to Hajj (pt.3)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.