/* */

PDA

View Full Version : iPod or MP3

itsme
10-27-2007, 01:43 AM
:sl:

I'm used to listen to the quran when i travel. I currently have an MP3. Problem is so often the voice of the reciter gets drowned in the noise the bus makes. I've changed the earphones of the MP3 to higher quality one but to no avail. I've been thinking to switch to an iPod Nano for higher sound volume.

Anyone here has ever used both MP3 and iPod? Is it worth to invest in an iPod for listening to the Quran or will it make no difference?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
salman786
10-27-2007, 01:47 AM
The iPod is much better kasam. I had an mp3- volume does not go dat high but IPOD can store pics etc.

sevgi
10-27-2007, 02:03 AM
ipods are like the current slave trade. weve become slaves to it...the number of kids i know who are saving up for one phenominal.

"pay 200 dollars more for a lil more sound..."--thats their motto.

i like my mp3...it mite not disturb the other ppl on the bus with my music or wateva...but it suffices,,,

'Abd al-Baari
10-27-2007, 02:09 AM

I prefer my mp3 player too
Don't be a sheep :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lmaestro
10-27-2007, 02:20 AM
The sound depends on the bitrate of the MP3 file.The higher the better it is.Try and get those noise isolating earphones.

ayesha309
10-27-2007, 02:49 AM
sis i use to listen to the qur'an on mp3 in the subway/busses and the volume was bad. Alhamdulillah i got an iPod Nano and Alhamdulilah the volume is awesome. i normally keep the volume on my iPod a lil over 50 and i can hear the voice of the reciter perfectly well whereas with the mp3 my volume would be on full but i could barely make out the words.
so i just an iPod becuase my personal experience has been excellent. however the quality of your downloading could definitly have an impact. i dunt know where you got your qur'an downloaded from but the Islamic Network Audio site has high quality Qur'an. specially from Makka Taraweeh 1425. ok i think i have said enough

shible
10-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Salaam Sister,

In case if you wish to switch for MP3 to Ipod and u feel the rate is high then u can go for other products that r available on market such as Creative ZEN or Sony Cube ,...,etc.,

sevgi
10-27-2007, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
Salaam Sister,

In case if you wish to switch for MP3 to Ipod and u feel the rate is high then u can go for other products that r available on market such as Creative ZEN or Sony Cube ,...,etc.,
creative ZEN s are awesome:)

shible
10-27-2007, 03:18 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
creative ZEN s are awesome:)
Yup Sis

I have listened songs on MP3, Zen nano and IPod.

compared to MP3, Zen nano is better and in case if u r only going for MP3 tracks then i would recommend Zen nano

nebula
10-27-2007, 03:19 AM
ive got a ipod touch its amazing the sound quality its got wireless aswell.. 8gb but its so awesome!
oh yeah about the head phones that come with ipod they are crap so i bought these 20 quid creative 1's they are the isolating ones with that rubber thing.

btw ipod touch isnt iphone they look the same but different u cant make calls with ipodtouch

lmaestro
10-27-2007, 03:28 AM
I was thinking of getting an Ipod Touch too.Can you give me your reviews?

nebula
10-27-2007, 03:36 AM
well bro its awesome i reckon i used to have a ipod video the 80gb one but this touch is so much lighter more stylish and lighter...

its got this cool feature which when u turn the ipod tilt it, it goes wide screen and then you can tilt it straight and it adjusts automatically.

Its got a youtube player built it, its got a pretty good web broswer called safari which is really easy to use...

the touch screen is just so amazing its like its not tooo sensetive but it gives you so much control over the screen its amazing... its not like those crapy touch screens that come with a pen trust me its got so much control.

its got 22hours of music playing and 5 hours of video playing... u dont really have to worry about the battery life you can always get a travel charger for those long trips...

u can ask me any questions and ill try my best to answer them bro

sevgi
10-27-2007, 04:15 AM
^^^u said its lighter twice....tisk tisk tisk...:D

snakelegs
10-27-2007, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
Salaam Sister,

i love creative zen! i wouldn't buy an i-pod.

nebula
10-27-2007, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
^^^u said its lighter twice....tisk tisk tisk...:D
thanks teacher what grade did i get on my reveiw?

sevgi
10-27-2007, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
thanks teacher what grade did i get on my reveiw?
it lacked elequency, originality and flair...

it was more of a sumarry than a review...

i give you 6/10.+o(

now in order to improve there are a few things u can do...

-read all my posts and become more like me...
-gimme more reps.:coolious:

;D

nebula
10-27-2007, 04:59 AM
haha

hmm 6/10 PFFT it was better then that it had originality corizma it was intellectual! what not! u could even make a ipod touch from scratch using that reveiw

ok i gtg sleep its 6 am! OMG! i havent slept

i need my beauty sleep!! i gotta maintain this 10pack ahhhhhhh my nails!

sevgi
10-27-2007, 05:01 AM
^^^u havent slept!!!

that explains a lot...;D

itsme
10-28-2007, 02:39 AM

JazaakAllah Khair for the response. Your tips are really helpful. Since my only use of the device is listening to MP3, I think i'll go for the Creative Zen.

lmaestro
10-28-2007, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
well bro its awesome i reckon i used to have a ipod video the 80gb one but this touch is so much lighter more stylish and lighter...

its got this cool feature which when u turn the ipod tilt it, it goes wide screen and then you can tilt it straight and it adjusts automatically.

Its got a youtube player built it, its got a pretty good web broswer called safari which is really easy to use...

the touch screen is just so amazing its like its not tooo sensetive but it gives you so much control over the screen its amazing... its not like those crapy touch screens that come with a pen trust me its got so much control.

its got 22hours of music playing and 5 hours of video playing... u dont really have to worry about the battery life you can always get a travel charger for those long trips...

u can ask me any questions and ill try my best to answer them bro
thanks for the review.the price puts me off though imsad

Umm Hurairah
10-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I like MP3 players. :D

Kas1m
10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
The most rubbish machine on this planet is ipod. And the best are the creative. The reason being is i listen to lectures which are long so i set the bookmark on my creative zen vision m. But on ipod there is not the bookmark function and the worse is the scroll thing. subhanallah what can i say about it. I say ipod is my least fav item but infact it isnt favourite at all. Wsalam

aqsa1
10-30-2007, 03:56 PM
id say mp3 is better but dont like it when it picks up noise in background

Kas1m
10-30-2007, 04:05 PM
yeah. Is that to record a sound?

czgibson
10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Greetings,

I'm pretty attached to my iPod, but there are a couple of things I would change about it if I could - I'd like gapless playback and I'd remove the feature that stops playback whenever you remove the headphones. That last one is a pain because it actually often stops if the headphones get moved even a little bit, so you occasionally have to press play again.

I don't know if there are other players that remedy these problems.

Mine's a 40GB and it's always full - 28 days of playing time. An 80GB would be handy, as I have a HUGE amount of music.

By the way, apparently the reason iPods are so loud is that Steve Jobs (CEO of Apple) is half-deaf, and when he was given prototypes he kept giving them back, saying 'Make it louder!'

Peace

The Ruler
10-30-2007, 04:25 PM

I think it makes no difference.

AhlaamBella
10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I've got an ipod nano and even though mp3 is quiet, an ipod is rubbish. You can only use your own itunes library and it is really difficult. Mp3 is so much simpler. Why not try an mp4? it's the same prinicple as an mp3 but better :)

chacha_jalebi
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
on the ipod, you can put lyrics on it. so whats heavy is that you can put a surah on it and you can also put the translation and jus use the scroll to go up + down:D

so hah and shame to that quran mp3 cos ipod does the same thing and its cheaper and you can put videos on it:p

truemuslim
12-22-2007, 04:07 AM
i say buy the new islamic ipod

truemuslim
12-22-2007, 04:07 AM
nevermind... this thread is ancient

itsme
12-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Assalaamu alaikum! I was looking for MP3 only but now i've got MP4 as well. My Brother got me a Creative Zen Vision M. Now i want to put it to maximum use insha allah. Anyone has islamic MP4 clips to share?

H@fiz Aziz
12-22-2007, 04:57 AM
i-pod is better

truemuslim
12-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Omg This Thread Is Back Alive!

well in that case buy the islamic al-furqan i-pod heres there site. http://www.simplyislam.com/promotion...qan/index.html isnt it beautiful?

Umar001
12-22-2007, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Omg This Thread Is Back Alive!

well in that case buy the islamic al-furqan i-pod heres there site. http://www.simplyislam.com/promotion...qan/index.html isnt it beautiful?
Is the scrollin machenism like the ipod for thats the only feature I like.

I hate having to click my way through all different folders to get to one audio file and then click back if i want another.

The listen while u find a file feature and the scroll feeature on the ipod is what makes me want to get one.

truemuslim
12-22-2007, 11:35 PM
i have that ipod, and its just like an ipod classic...sorta... but this looks different, there is like not folders but like a list of things at the bottum, it has a camera option, video, (i have 5 movies on it including habil and qabil) and then there are audio (i got nasheeds..many many nasheeds) and quraan, tafseer, options, it adhans too! i havbe the sharjah adhan on it. it has so many options of adhans, its amazing...but maybe you check out other ones first, this isnt the only one, this is only like the best one...mine is messed up right no tho, but it cuz my sis stepped on it, otherwise it was working...btw if u in u.s u gonna need that one thing that u plug it intop cuz the charger it comes wit is u.k...:)

Trumble
12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
If all you want to do with it is listen to Qur'an recitations I can't see the point in paying extra for an iPod. Spend the extra money on a really good pair of external noise reducing headphones instead.

itsme
12-23-2007, 07:06 AM
It seems i've been misunderstood. Point is I wanted an MP3 but my brother bought me an MP4 instead. Now i have two options:
1) either sell it because i really don't need the MP4 feature.
2) or find good islamic MP4 material which i can play on the device.

So that's why i asked if anyone has islamic MP4 material to share or can recommend me any site from where i can download.

czgibson
12-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme
It seems i've been misunderstood. Point is I wanted an MP3 but my brother bought me an MP4 instead. Now i have two options:

So that's why i asked if anyone has islamic MP4 material to share or can recommend me any site from where i can download.
Can't it play MP3s as well?

Peace

jzcasejz
12-25-2007, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme

You can download videos of Salah from www.islam-fr.com

You can use http://vixy.net/ to download YouTube videos as MP4 files. And there's plenty of Islaamic videos on YouTube now.

You can get Super encoder to encode any downloaded video file into MP4 files.

itsme
12-26-2007, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
You can download videos of Salah from www.islam-fr.com

You can use http://vixy.net/ to download YouTube videos as MP4 files. And there's plenty of Islaamic videos on YouTube now.

You can get Super encoder to encode any downloaded video file into MP4 files.

Jazaakallah khair fid-dunyah wal aakhirah Bro. Will have a look at these.

BlackMamba
12-26-2007, 11:05 PM
An i-Pod is an Mp3 player lol. But personally i think iPods are over rated and are bought mostly because there a style rather than because they are actually the superior device. I like the creative zen V-plus. And if you want an iPod, get the Ipod touch.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.