/* */

PDA

View Full Version : alcohol in islam

text786
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I know that alcohol is haram and forbidden in islam but my question to you is, what are your views to someone who owns a restaurant or nightclub where alcohol is sold and consumed and that they are feeding their families with the money they make from their business and will their prayers, going to the mosque & paying zakah be accepted by Allah(swt)

Jazzak Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
10-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Thread approved.

Abu Musab
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by text786
Assalamu Alaikum,

I know that alcohol is haram and forbidden in islam but my question to you is, what are your views to someone who owns a restaurant or nightclub where alcohol is sold and consumed and that they are feeding their families with the money they make from their business and will their prayers, going to the mosque & paying zakah be accepted by Allah(swt)

Jazzak Allah
:w:

The money is haraam.

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar radhiallahu anhu narrates that the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has cursed wine, its drinker, its server, its seller, its buyer, its presser, the one for whom it is pressed, the one who conveys it, and the one to whom it is conveyed.

Abu dawud

Whatsthepoint
10-27-2007, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab
:w:

The money is haraam.

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar radhiallahu anhu narrates that the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has cursed wine, its drinker, its server, its seller, its buyer, its presser, the one for whom it is pressed, the one who conveys it, and the one to whom it is conveyed.

Abu dawud
Only wine or alchohol in general?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Chyna
10-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Brother,

InshAllah this response reaches you in strong Iman.

The selling of all Alcohol (wine, spirits, beer etc) is completely prohibited in Islam. (See Hadith posted above)

Anything that is hated by Allah SWT will not bring Barakah into the lives of those involved.

One must look for a halal means of earning money in order to look after his/her family. If it is not Shariah compliant, then Allah SWT will not shower His peace and blessings over it.

The question "why would a Muslim run a nightclub?" comes to mind when reading your question, but inshAllah that is another thread all together and needs attention alone.

As for Allah SWT accepting the prayer, zakaat etc of one who involves him/herself in something disliked by Allah SWT, well, Allahu Alim, but one would assume that He SWT would not accept it, as it is explicity stated in numerous Ahadeeth that this is Haram. It is stated that Allah SWT will curse he who is invloved in it.

Also important to note that the consumption of Alcohol is an offence that requires Hadd punishment under Islamic Shariah.

Rasulullah SAW said in a Hadith:
"Every intoxicant drunk in large amount can intoxicate, so even in small amount is haram."
(Tirmidhi)

Intoxicants or alcohol have their side effects on the drinker, either physically or mentally, which can interfere with one’s morality, mind and faith. With both physical and mental impairment caused by the intoxicant, it is proper that the offender be punished if he is found guilty.

In the early days of Islam, people who had stopped drinking prohibited others and those who committed the offence were lashed 40 times. They use to flail the drinker with anything that came to hand - a piece of cloth, a shoe, a stick - just to let the person feel that he or she had indulged in something prohibited.

Later on when there was a complaint that people were returning to the old ways of drinking, `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) consulted the Muslims around, and `Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "I think that drinking will make a person lose his mind and consequently start abusing others, uttering false accusations against them. So I think he deserves the same punishment for a person who falsely accuses other persons (Qazaf) that is 80 lashes." Henceforth, that became the standard of punishment for drinkers to stop them from falling into that."

This goes back to the point that it is considered so serious in Islam and to be associated with this in anyway, as a Muslim is also something extremely serious and should be avoided at all costs.

Lastly, whilst it is important not to sell Alcohol, when in the food industry, a Muslim would also be required to provide Halal food in meals and not any pork products, etc.

And Allah SWT alone gives success.

Was Salaam

Abu Musab
10-27-2007, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Only wine or alchohol in general?
All alcohol.

nocturne
12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Working in a bank is haram as well as it deals with interest?

crayon
12-17-2007, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Working in a bank is haram as well as it deals with interest?
Yup, definitely.
Unless of course it's an islamic bank which doesn't deal with interest, in that case it's perfectly fine.

tigersabre
12-19-2007, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by text786
Assalamu Alaikum,

Jazzak Allah
The sale of something forbidden is forbidden.

Siraaj

Malaikah
12-19-2007, 05:37 AM
:sl:

Might I add that night club are haram too...

Talib_Rayhan
12-22-2007, 01:51 AM
I go to alot of Indian restaurants that all splash the word 'halal' across the front of the building, but they also sell alcohol, and I also go to many Kebab shops that also claim to be halal, but serve pepperoni on pizza's. I have 2 questions. The first is, Is it haram for me to eat from there even if there meat is halal?. And the second is, Is it my duty as a Muslim to enter these buildings and accuse the owners/managers of wrong-doing against Islam?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.