/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Patterns/Marks In the Clothing: Simple Clothing Preferred

Kittygyal
10-27-2007, 02:08 PM
:sl:

Patterns/Marks In the Clothing: Simple Clothing Preferred

Hadith - Sunan of Abu Dawood, #4041, Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin, r.a.
The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) once prayed wearing a garment having marks. He looked at its marks. When he saluted, he said: Take this garment of mine to AbuJahm, for it turned my attention just now in my prayer, and bring a simple garment without marks.

Hadith - Muwatta 3.72 - Looking in the Prayer at What Distracts You From It
Yahya related to me from Malik from AIqama ibn Abi AIqama from his mother that A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Abu Jahm ibn Hudhayfa gave the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, a fine striped garment from Syria and he did the prayer in it. When he had finished he said, 'Give this garment back to Abu Jahm. I looked at its stripes in the prayer and they almost distracted me.' "

Allaah hu alim.

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.