/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sadaqa Not Accepted with Unlawful Clothing

Kittygyal
10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
:sl:

Sadaqa Not Accepted with Unlawful Clothing

Hadith - Muslim
Then [the Messenger saaws] mentioned a man who had traveled for a long time. Unkempt and covered in dust, he raised his hands to the heavens (and cried): 'O my Lord! O my Lord!' His food was unlawful, his drink was unlawful, his clothing was unlawful, and what he had provided to sustain himself with was also unlawful. How could his invocation be accepted?"

Allaah hu alim.

Ma'assalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
ok lol

erm this aint the full hadith

post the full hadiths when it says that Allah swt accepts what is good and eat of good things

but dont this hadiths apply to duas, not sadaqa i thinks:D

neway edit n put the full hadith sista

Kittygyal
10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Salamualikum.

^ Isn't something like 3- When we say: I asked and asked and He did not answer. 4- When we eat or drink unlawful food i.e. pork, wear unlawful clothes or use or posses property ... Allaah hu alim.

Ma'assalama

NoName55
10-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
10-27-2007, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

^ Isn't something like 3- When we say: I asked and asked and He did not answer. 4- When we eat or drink unlawful food i.e. pork, wear unlawful clothes or use or posses property ... Allaah hu alim.

Ma'assalama
vat u mee ning :p

na i dont get what ya sd...

Kittygyal
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Salamualikum.

Lol ma bad man... feel sick now :p... Oh Muttaqun is not a good site ha? i think it's alright.. it didn't have full hadith man do you know it then pull it out :X

FORGIVE ME FOR MA LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND LACK OF SEARCHING ... i can't be bothered joke... JOKE

Ma'assalama

Abu Musab
10-27-2007, 03:22 PM
As chacha said it refers to dua.

it refers to like a person who takes interest, his money is haraam, he buys clothes with that money so his clothes are haraam, he buys food with that money so his food is haraam, and everything else he buys with that money is all haraam, so how can he expect his duas to be answered?

It's like the story of haabil and kaabil (the first two sons of hadhrat adam alayhis salaam), they were commanded to make a sacrifice to Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala, so haabil took the best of his crops as his sacrifice while kaabil took the worst of his, (in those times a fire used to come down from the sky and devour the sacrifice to show that it was accepted) so haabils one was accepted and not kaabils, so kaabil became angry and told haabil "la aqtulannak" (i will kill you) so haabil replied "innama yataqabbalullahu minal muttaqeen" (verily Allah only accepts from the muttaqeen i.e. those who have taqwa) and well i assume you know the rest of the story, but that is the part in particular i was talking about.

(this story of haabil and kaabil is in the qur'an, in surah maaidah)

chacha_jalebi
10-27-2007, 03:31 PM
jazakallah to no name n abu musab

sis here the full hadiths

On the authority of Abu Hurairah...
The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
'Allah the Almighty is good and accepts only that which is good. Allah has commanded the faithful to do that which he commanded the messengers and the Almighty has said: 'O Messengers! Eat of the good things and do right.’ And Allah the Almighty has said, 'O you who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you.''

Then he (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) mentioned [the case of] a man who having journeyed far was disheveled and dusty and spreads out his hands to the sky [saying] "O Lord! O Lord!" His (the traveler’s) food is unlawful, his drink unlawful, his clothing unlawful, and he is nourished unlawfully; so how can he be answered?
[Muslim]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.