/* */

PDA

View Full Version : innocent-people-taken-war-captives-islam

muskankhan
10-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I joined this site so that someone could help me with my questions. I was a true muslim with good faith till I learnt few things about Islam which forced me to stop believing. The problem is that I learnt that women were captured during war times and the soilders whom they were under were allowed to have sexual relations with them. Who were these women? Who are war captives? I thought that only soilders who were fighting against the Islamic army were allowed to be taken as captives. And women never fought wars in those days. So does that mean that inncoent people were taken as war captives? Please someone answer my questions. I don't want to loose my faith in such a beautiful religion which believes in one God. Hope no one is angry with me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-27-2007, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muskankhan
I joined this site so that someone could help me with my questions. I was a true muslim with good faith till I learnt few things about Islam which forced me to stop believing. The problem is that I learnt that women were captured during war times and the soilders whom they were under were allowed to have sexual relations with them. Who were these women? Who are war captives? I thought that only soilders who were fighting against the Islamic army were allowed to be taken as captives. And women never fought wars in those days. So does that mean that inncoent people were taken as war captives? Please someone answer my questions. I don't want to loose my faith in such a beautiful religion which believes in one God. Hope no one is angry with me.
:w:

To begin with I will ask "What is your source for this question?" The only reason I am asking is to point out the problem with reading something out of context.

muskankhan
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I am very sorry I cannot remember the website name from where i read this info. please help me. please answer my question

Woodrow
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muskankhan
I am very sorry I cannot remember the website name from where i read this info. please help me. please answer my question

I kind of thought it came from a website. Many sites, even those calling themselves Islamic are notorious for picking things out of context. The exact statement you are speaking of does come from a Hadith. but to see it in that manner is taking it fully out of context. I am on my daughter's PC right now. I do have a searchable Hadith on my PC. I will be back in a few minutes with the exact hadith along with the surrounding ones that clarify it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
In the time of Louis XIV the price for each battle were the childrens and women. The children were killed and the women raped. Thats was the common rule and even the marquis and other aristocratic people respected the rule. Other times, other rules.

muskankhan
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
even if u don't find the hadith tell me please is this info right or wrong?

Woodrow
10-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I believe I found what you are referring to:

Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 59 :: Hadith 447
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The people of (Banu) Quraiza agreed to accept the verdict of Sad bin Mu'adh. So the Prophet sent for Sad, and the latter came (riding) a donkey and when he approached the Mosque, the Prophet said to the Ansar, "Get up for your chief or for the best among you." Then the Prophet said (to Sad)." These (i.e. Banu Quraiza) have agreed to accept your verdict." Sad said, "Kill their (men) warriors and take their offspring as captives, "On that the Prophet said, "You have judged according to Allah's Judgment," or said, "according to the King's judgment."
Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 59 :: Hadith 448
Narrated 'Aisha:

Sad was wounded on the day of Khandaq (i.e. Trench) when a man from Quraish, called Hibban bin Al-'Araqa hit him (with an arrow). The man was Hibban bin Qais from (the tribe of) Bani Mais bin 'Amir bin Lu'ai who shot an arrow at Sad's medial arm vein (or main artery of the arm). The Prophet pitched a tent (for Sad) in the Mosque so that he might be near to the Prophet to visit. When the Prophet returned from the (battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and laid down his arms and took a bath Gabriel came to him while he (i.e. Gabriel) was shaking the dust off his head, and said, "You have laid down the arms?" By Allah, I have not laid them down. Go out to them (to attack them)." The Prophet said, "Where?" Gabriel pointed towards Bani Quraiza. So Allah's Apostle went to them (i.e. Banu Quraiza) (i.e. besieged them). They then surrendered to the Prophet's judgment but he directed them to Sad to give his verdict concerning them. Sad said, "I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed, their women and children should be taken as captives, and their properties distributed."

Narrated Hisham: My father informed me that 'Aisha said, "Sad said, "O Allah! You know that there is nothing more beloved to me than to fight in Your Cause against those who disbelieved Your Apostle and turned him out (of Mecca). O Allah! I think you have put to an end the fight between us and them (i.e. Quraish infidels). And if there still remains any fight with the Quraish (infidels), then keep me alive till I fight against them for Your Sake. But if you have brought the war to an end, then let this wound burst and cause my death thereby.' So blood gushed from the wound. There was a tent in the Mosque belonging to Banu Ghifar who were surprised by the blood flowing towards them . They said, 'O people of the tent! What is this thing which is coming to us from your side?' Behold! Blood was flowing profusely out of Sad's wound. Sad then died because of that."
Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 59 :: Hadith 449
Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet said to Hassan, "Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e, supports you)." (Through another group of sub narrators) Al-Bara bin Azib said, "On the day of Quraiza's (besiege), Allah's Apostle said to Hassan bin Thabit, 'Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e. supports you).' "

If my understanding is correct this was in reference to a single battle and because of the nature of the Banu, Allaah(swt) demanded a fierce penalty upon the Banu. This in effect removed all of the Banu from the Earth. and still provided a means whereby the innocent (Women and Children) would not suffer needlessly as war widows and war orphans. Just my view astragfirullah

muskankhan
10-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Do innocent people also become war captives in Islam? Who are the women who become war captives? The civilian people living in the town and city or village become war captives? or only soilders?

Woodrow
10-31-2007, 07:56 PM

Please see the post immediatly above yours

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.