/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whhy the divisons??

canadaislam
10-28-2007, 10:07 PM
:sl: execuse me for being ignorant, but before i say anything, no that i am not attacking anyone

why the divisions over such a small thing? why call yourself shi'i or sunni? why not just muslim?

The religion islam is a religon of unity; there is nothing more symbolic than putting your forehead down on the ground at the same time, worshipping Allah, one God.

These divisions clearly are Shytanic, a way to weakn our faith and belief.

Abu Bakr, Uthman, Ali.... who are we to judge them? Only Allah has the right to judge. Reach to the point of Eman (true and deep belief) and then start judging people. Ali was a powerful and a courageous young man whom I strongly admire. Umar was a fierce ruler both powerful and kind, everyone has his good qualities.

Our biggest problem is and will continue to be our close-mindedness; the west laughs at how sunnis destroy Shi'ites and know that if it wasnt for these divisions, Islam would have survived all attacks and would have continued to be golden for the entire length of time.

It's time for us to seriously get our acts together and unite on goodness, not evil. Islam spread by the word, not by the sword. When the prophet re-entered Mecca, even though it was custom for the victorious to completely destroy the losers, the prophet stopped the war as soon as there was no need for it to continue, put down his sword, and said, "i only came back to mecca to destroy the idols inside the kebaa, not to destroy a single soul"

the west has taken our ideals and culture and idea and held on it and practice it better than us: freedom of speech, tolerance, etc.. you think any of that existed "completely" before Islam came?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
canadaislam
10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
So true...Great points made there.

Bro, the problem is actually within ourselves. We on a personal level have lost touch with the real spirit of Islam. Just walk into any local masjid at salaatul fajr, only one saff full? That's the problem ... We're not actually acting as Allah wants us to act. We have to change ourselves first, and then slowly Allah will change our condition as a whole.

Allah does not change the condition of a nation until they change what is with them.

Exactly, it's time to wake up; what are we waiting for? Death might knock on your door tomorrow; who knows, it might happen right now.

We have to understand that Islam is really a beautiful thing and being a Muslim is a privilege.

When Islam was at its peak, what effect did we have on the world? What was Ibn Sina known as? How did Europe get to its level right now? What lead to the discovery of the Americas? Islam is the answer to the above questions. We must understand that Islam is a powerful thing and if practiced properly, can lead to many powerful things

The first step though is to train ourselves. As the great Greek Philosopher Aristotle said, we must work hard at being good. Goodness does not come like that.

Let’s put it this way: we go to school to learn, we go to the gym to become stronger, we go to work to make money; we want to have a good life, right? We want to look good and be seen as good?

Well, think about this. This life is merely a fraction of a second compared to the eternal afterlife, why not work for your true future? Why not build up/save for the day you meet Allah? Why delay? Why say tomorrow I will do this, tomorrow I’ll do that, why can’t we start today? NOW??

Ask yourself sincerely, what happens when you stop praying? Don’t you feel depressed/isolated/alone? Don’t you feel that gap in your heart? And that’s when your heart/mind fools you and that’s when problems start.

I would like to close by reminding you of a verse from Quran:
واعبد ربك حتى ياتيك اليقين
“and worship your lord till you reach certainty”
You will know when you reach true belief, it’s when as soon as you enter the masjad, you feel a thrill in your heart, you feel like you have just become a step closer to allah.

A companion’s leg had to be amputated due to infection, when he was asked when the procedure can be performed on him; he said, “when I am praying you can do the surgery, because when I am with Allah, I cannot feel anything else”

:w:

Umm Hurairah
10-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

"In the battle of Uhud, Muslims were losing just because they didn't obey Prophet Muhammad's (SA) one command. We disobey soooo many commands and still we blame others of our defeat..."

NoName55
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM

Bro, the problem is actually within ourselves. We on a personal level have lost touch with the real spirit of Islam. Just walk into any local masjid at salaatul fajr, only one saff full? That's the problem ... We're not actually acting as Allah wants us to act. We have to change ourselves first, and then slowly Allah will change our condition as a whole.

Allah does not change the condition of a nation until they change what is with them.
were I not sick and tired of this site, I would have told the reasons or the differences.

since every thing is allowed to turn in to sickening display of fawning and sucking up to kafirs and other deviants, I'll just say Adiós for now and it is not a pleasure knowing you all with the exception of around 7 members

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isambard
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
I wager it has something to do with Islam being around for 1400yrs.

Look at Marxism, see how many divisions there are in an ideology that is much more recent.

chacha_jalebi
10-29-2007, 12:37 AM
i am all pro unity and 1 ummah,inshallah 1day

but we need to unite on aqidah! we all know we muslim but our beliefs have to be same.like i wouldnt b kool with someone who curses a sahaba, or with someone doin shirk/bidah

we need to undastnd the true islam, and be respectful of others, if der are minor differences like raisin hands b4 goin into ruku that fine, but major differences need to be sorted, ppl need to stop bein ignorant

theres only 1 siratul mustaqeem,may Allah swt, put all muslims on it ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM

:sl:
good points brother.
I say iraq will not be won, afgahnistan will not be won, the muslims nations will not be won, our dear forgotten masjid ul-aqsaa, until we get back to our beautiful and simple aqeedah, the one Allah and His messenger (sallalahu aleyhi wa salam) have approved, solve our small differences (that seem to have evolved into somehting extremly unnecessary), or atleast swallow for the sake of allah, thus uniting, and go for jihad. then and only then will we be victorious, inshallah. why do u think we had a golden age. because the muslims had love and respect for one another.

and sucking up to kafirs and other deviants
that seems to be one of major downfalls brother nonome55. we take the kuffar as our close friends, when in reality it is they they despise us.

but we need to unite on aqidah! we all know we muslim but our beliefs have to be same.like i wouldnt b kool with someone who curses a sahaba, or with someone doin shirk/bidah
we need to undastnd the true islam, and be respectful of others, if der are minor differences like raisin hands b4 goin into ruku that fine, but major differences need to be sorted, ppl need to stop bein ignorant
:thumbs_up

canadaislam
11-06-2007, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
good points brother.
I say iraq will not be won, afgahnistan will not be won, the muslims nations will not be won, our dear forgotten masjid ul-aqsaa, until we get back to our beautiful and simple aqeedah, the one Allah and His messenger (sallalahu aleyhi wa salam) have approved, solve our small differences (that seem to have evolved into somehting extremly unnecessary), or atleast swallow for the sake of allah, thus uniting, and go for jihad. then and only then will we be victorious, inshallah. why do u think we had a golden age. because the muslims had love and respect for one another.

that seems to be one of major downfalls brother nonome55. we take the kuffar as our close friends, when in reality it is they they despise us.

:thumbs_up
very good points, i agree; but what can we do to change that? Are we just going to keep on saying 'nothing can be done about it'

How many times do we see the emphasize on unity and groups rather than individualism and divisions in quran/sunnah?

look at the difference between praying fard (single) and praying in a jamma'ah (group) .... yet, how many poeple actually bother to go to the masjad, at fajr, like my brother stated

look at the great verses from surat al baqara about battles and the support allah gives us (angels that support us in battle) read/listen closely and you will realize the importance of unity

i know it would be a very hard thing to do at any time; but that's the point; nothing good comes easy, right?

MaiCarInMtl
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I've often wondered why people are so divided. I know what the main differences are between the 2 groups mentionned earlier (sunni & shi'a), but I still don't understand why people are so aggressive/negative about one another. Why so much hate? Perhaps it's because I see religion as such an individualistic thing: if someone wants to practice differently from me, then that's their business, I'll just concentrate on myself.

But this question of division is in every religion and I never understood it in other religions as well. Being raised catholic (but not really practicing - perhaps this is why I do not understand), I still don't get why there's so much bad blood between catholics and protestants. *shrugs*

ahsan28
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=canadaislam;850988
Our biggest problem is and will continue to be our close-mindedness; the west laughs at how sunnis destroy Shi'ites :w:[/QUOTE]

A good post, however I don't agree with this part, had I been allowed to give a detailed account since early Islam till now, I would have loved to do so, but forum rules don't allow us.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by canadaislam
very good points, i agree; but what can we do to change that? Are we just going to keep on saying 'nothing can be done about it'

i know it would be a very hard thing to do at any time; but that's the point; nothing good comes easy, right?
just what i said previously, as well as brothers iqram and chacha_jalebi.
me.
until we get back to our beautiful and simple aqeedah, the one Allah and His messenger (sallalahu aleyhi wa salam) have approved, solve our small differences (that seem to have evolved into somehting extremly unnecessary), or atleast swallow for the sake of allah, thus uniting,
brother chacha_jalebi.
but we need to unite on aqidah! we all know we muslim but our beliefs have to be same.
brother iqram
Bro, the problem is actually within ourselves. We on a personal level have lost touch with the real spirit of Islam.
we seemed to have losted the common ground: our aqeedah. we have to get back to it. its not goiing to happen over night. it may not even happen in our generation, but if we fix oursleves up, and go back to the quran and sunnah, than inshallah, we can pass it on to our kids, and maybe it could happen in theor generation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.