/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So let us all hasten to be like them

syilla
10-30-2007, 06:57 AM
So let us all hasten to be like them

Regarding the companions of the Prophet (salallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) ;

They were youths, yet mature youths, their eyes fresh and free of evil, their feet refrained from approaching falsehood and futility. They sacrificed and expended themselves in worship and in withholding themselves from sleep. They sold their souls which were to pass away for souls which would never die. Allah saw them in the latter part of the night, bending their backs, reciting the Qur’an. Whenever one of them came to an Ayah mentioning Paradise, he would weep, longing for it. Whenever he came upon an Ayah mentioning the fire he would groan out of fear, as if the Hell-fire were directly in front of him. The earth devoured their knees their hands and their foreheads. They joined exhaustion in the night with exhaustion in the day. Their colour becoming yellowed and their bodies emaciated through standing long in prayer and frequent fasting - whilst they regarded their own actions to be negligible before Allah. They fulfilled their covenant with Allah and attained Allah’s promise. [1]

So let us all hasten to be like them, and to resemble them since the affair is as it was said: We are not in comparison to those who came before except like small herbs growing beside the trunks of tall palm trees. [2]

And as Ibn ul Mubarak said: Do not mention us whilst mentioning them, the fit and healthy when he walks is not like the crippled. [3]

source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Camomilla
10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
:'(:'(:'(:'(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2007, 01:52 PM
amazing..subhanAllah

------
10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah.... look at them and look at us.... Our Imaan seems nothing compared to them...

Whenever one of them came to an Ayah mentioning Paradise, he would weep, longing for it. Whenever he came upon an Ayah mentioning the fire he would groan out of fear, as if the Hell-fire were directly in front of him.
Where are OUR tears?! Where is the fear?! Where is the hope?! Ya Allaah what has become of us....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM

Wow! SubhanAllah! fab post! a real eye opener sis! :w:

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahamtullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah! :'( :'( :'(

One of my fav stories:

Sahabah dying thirsty for others

Hadhrat Abu-Jahm-bin-Huzaifah (Radhiyallaho anho) narrates:

"During the battle of Yarmuk, I went out in search of my cousin, who was in the forefront of the fight. I also took some water with me for him. I found him in the very thick of battle in the last throes of death. I advanced to help him with the little water I had. But, soon, another sorely wounded soldier beside him gave a groan, and my cousin averted his face, and beckoned me to take the water to that person first.

I went to this other person with the water. He turned out to be Hishaam bin Abil Aas (Radhiyallaho anho). But I had hardly reached him, when there was heard the groan of yet another person lying not very far off. Hisham (Radhiyallaho anho) too motioned me in his direction.

Alas, before I could approach him, he had breathed his last. I made all haste back to Hishaam and found him dead as well. Thereupon, I hurried as fast as I could to my cousin, and, lo! in the meantime he had also joined the other two.

Many an incident of such self-denial and heroic sacrifice is recorded in the books of Hadith. This is the last word in self-sacrifice, that each dying person should forego slaking his own thirst in favour of his other needy brother. May Allah bless their souls with His choicest favours for their sacrifice for others even at the time of death, when a person has seldom the sense to make a choice.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
i love the story of the sahabi whos belly got poked when they all lined up for the battle of badr, so he said "rasullulah that hurt, i want to return it to you", so rasullulah lifted his shirt exposing his belly and the sahabi started hugging and kissing him saying i wanted us to be "skin to skin" before i die..... :|

Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Masha'ALLAH! i love short stories like these! remember the one where the fighters went out for battle dressed in the perfume and clothing of death?? so ready to die and sacrifice themselves fisabilillah! subhanAllah! :cry: I wanna be them!

------
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM

Erm wheres that, never heard of it.... Maybe you could find the Hadith Inshaa Allaah?

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i love the story of the sahabi whos belly got poked when they all lined up for the battle of badr, so he said "rasullulah that hurt, i want to return it to you", so rasullulah lifted his shirt exposing his belly and the sahabi started hugging and kissing him saying i wanted us to be "skin to skin" before i die..... :|
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I have heard of that story but the one I heard it was before Prophet Muhammad (SA) left this world and not the Sahabi?

format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
Masha'ALLAH! i love short stories like these! remember the one where the fighters went out for battle dressed in the perfume and clothing of death?? so ready to die and sacrifice themselves fisabilillah! subhanAllah! :cry: I wanna be them!

Yes Subhan Allah and I love the one when a mother sends all 4 of her sons in battle and when she receives the news of their martyrdom she thanks Allah (SWT).

Subhan Allah.

Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

I have heard of that story but the one I heard it was before Prophet Muhammad (SA) left this world and not the Sahabi?

Yes Subhan Allah and I love the one when a mother sends all 4 of her sons in battle and when she receives the news of their martyrdom she thanks Allah (SWT).

Subhan Allah.

SubhanAllah! Allahu Akbarr! I wish I was living back then! :cry: need an Imaan boost man...think ima go listen to recitation or some lectures...fi'amanAllah :w:

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
SubhanAllah! Allahu Akbarr! I wish I was living back then! :cry: need an Imaan boost man...think ima go listen to recitation or some lectures...fi'amanAllah :w:

Me too. :'( I wish I was the Sahabiyah I'm named after. :'( I wish I was as pious as her. :'( I wish I could see Prophet Muhammad (SA). :'(

Insha Allah I'll see them in Jannah...:'(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2007, 02:30 PM

naa sis this was during badr, he was trying to get the beautiful sahabi's to line up straight lol

subhanAllah

Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 02:32 PM

Me too. :'( I wish I was the Sahabiyah I'm named after. :'( I wish I was as pious as her. :'( I wish I could see Prophet Muhammad (SA). :'(

Insha Allah I'll see them in Jannah...:'(
same here...just out of curiousity...who are you named after?

ma kunya....UmmAmmarIbnYaasir (ma future username! Insha'Allah) lol

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
naa sis this was during badr, he was trying to get the beautiful sahabi's to line up straight lol

subhanAllah
Oh Subhan Allah if you can find it please post it. :sunny:

Another one of my fav stories:

A woman came to Aishah (RA) and said:

"Take me to the grave of the Prophet (SA), so that I may be blessed with its sight."

Aishah (RA) opened the room that contained the grave of the Prophet (SA) and let her go inside. The woman on seeing the grave started crying in love and memory of the Prophet (SA). In fact she wept so bitterly and incessantly that she swooned and expired there and then. May Allah bless her.

The blessed lady recollected the happy days when the Prophet (SA) was alive, and then pangs of separation proved fatal for her. Can the annuals of history produce a parallel to such love and devotion?

Subhan Allah. :'(

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
same here...just out of curiousity...who are you named after?

ma kunya....UmmAmmarIbnYaasir (ma future username! Insha'Allah) lol

One of the greatest woman to ever live. :D

Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 02:45 PM

One of the greatest woman to ever live. :D
:salamext: erm...you on about you?

Hadhrat maryam? asiyah? Ayisha? khadija? lol

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
:salamext: erm...you on about you?

Hadhrat maryam? asiyah? Ayisha? khadija? lol

Yep one of them. :D :D :D

I wish I was exactly like her! :'( :'( :'(

Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 02:52 PM

Yep one of them. :D :D :D

I wish I was exactly like her! :'( :'( :'(
lol may Allah grant you the tawfeeq to be just like her! Ameen. lets not jack this thread :D :w:

syilla
11-01-2007, 02:07 AM
`Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) became unconscious after he was stabbed, and according to Al Miswar bin Makhramah, it was said: “Nothing would wake him up except the call to prayer, if he is still alive.”

They said to him, “The prayer has finished, O Chief of the Faithful!”

He woke up and said, “The prayer, by Allah! Verily, there is no share in Islam for whoever abandons the prayer.”

He performed the prayer while his wound was bleeding.

[Sifat as Safwah 2/131]
:cry:

Umm Hurairah
11-01-2007, 02:13 AM

^ ^ ^ I was gonna put up the exact same story. :cry:

Subhan Allah :'( :'( :'(

Abdul-Raouf
11-01-2007, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
So let us all hasten to be like them

Regarding the companions of the Prophet (salallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) ;

They were youths, yet mature youths, their eyes fresh and free of evil, their feet refrained from approaching falsehood and futility. They sacrificed and expended themselves in worship and in withholding themselves from sleep. They sold their souls which were to pass away for souls which would never die. Allah saw them in the latter part of the night, bending their backs, reciting the Qur’an. Whenever one of them came to an Ayah mentioning Paradise, he would weep, longing for it. Whenever he came upon an Ayah mentioning the fire he would groan out of fear, as if the Hell-fire were directly in front of him. The earth devoured their knees their hands and their foreheads. They joined exhaustion in the night with exhaustion in the day. Their colour becoming yellowed and their bodies emaciated through standing long in prayer and frequent fasting - whilst they regarded their own actions to be negligible before Allah. They fulfilled their covenant with Allah and attained Allah’s promise. [1]

So let us all hasten to be like them, and to resemble them since the affair is as it was said: We are not in comparison to those who came before except like small herbs growing beside the trunks of tall palm trees. [2]

And as Ibn ul Mubarak said: Do not mention us whilst mentioning them, the fit and healthy when he walks is not like the crippled. [3]

source

Great people...

where are we...wr im i... our imaan levels are very poor..Oh Allah help us all..make us ur obedient slaves..

Umm Hurairah
11-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Hadhrat Abu Talhah (RA) gives his garden to Allah (SWT)

Hadhrat Anas(RA) says:

"Abu Talhah (RA) owned the best gardens in Medinah, and they were more numerous than those of any other Ansari. One of his gardens was known by the name of Bir Ha', and this was his most favorite resort. It was close to the Prophet's (SA)Masjid and the water of its well was sweet and abundant. The Prophet (S)A often visited that garden, and drank of the water.

When Allah revealed the verse:

Lan Tanalul Bira Hata Tunfiqu Mima Tuhiboon

"You will not attain unto piety until you spend of that which Ye love."
Hadhrat Abu Talhah (RA) repaired to the Prophet's (SA) presence and thus opened his heart.

"O, Prophet of Allah (SA)! I love Bir Ha' very much. As Allah wants us to spend precisely that which we love, I make over that garden to be spent in the path of Allah (SWT) as you please."

The Prophet (SA) was very much pleased and remarked:

"What a fine present (to Allah)! I think it would be best utilized if you distribute it among your own heirs."

Hadhrat Abu Talhah (RA) went and acted upon the Prophet's (SA) advice."

Are we prepared to part with any of our dear things for the sake of Allah (SWT) so quickly, after reading a verse of the Quran or listening to a well-delivered sermon?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.