/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone in Paradise now?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-31-2007, 05:19 AM
:sl:
just thought id share....
Is there anyone in Paradise now?

Question:
Is anyone in heaven right now (not prophets , angels etc) ? Or are we all waiting for the 'Day of Judgment' before entering heaven or hell I have heard some references to people who have seen heaven or are in heaven now or went to heaven and saw how it was Again, I am not including prophets and angels to this list of people

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has created Paradise and its creation is complete, because He says in a hadeeth qudsi: "I have prepared for My righteous slaves that which no eye has seen…" And because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it on the night of the Israa' and Mi'raaj, and because of other proofs (daleel).

Will any humans enter it before the Day of Resurrection?

There are two aspects to this:

1. Entering it in spirit only, as is the case with the dead. This is proven in the case of the Prophets, and of the martyrs (shuhadaa') whose souls are in the crops of green birds which roam about in Paradise. This is also known from the ahaadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) describes how he entered Paradise in dreams, which has to do with the soul or spirit.
2. With regard to entering Paradise in both body and soul, this will happen on the Day of Resurrection for both humans and jinn. The only exception to this is Adam (peace be upon him) who was in Paradise before he came down to this earth, as was mentioned by Ibn al-Qayyim and others. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nabooly
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks alot. I always thought that noone saw paradise until the day of judgement.

Salam :)

------
11-08-2007, 02:30 PM
:salamext:

I just thought I'd add this:

Difference between Paradise and Heaven:

• 1st person to enter Paradise – Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam)
  • Believers will enter Paradise on Day Of Judgement
  • In Paradise- no such thing as a Haraam tree – no Haraam can take place
  • Paradise – you won’t be thrown out “Khaalideena Feehaa Aabaadaa” – Forever and forever!
  • IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE
  • Paradise is for the ‘Muttaqeen’ (Righteous)

:D

Source - A question answered by Sheikh Faisal in his lecture Adam and the Shaitaan

czgibson
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

I just thought I'd add this:

Difference between Paradise and Heaven:

• 1st person to enter Paradise – Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam)
  • Believers will enter Paradise on Day Of Judgement
  • In Paradise- no such thing as a Haraam tree – no Haraam can take place
  • Paradise – you won’t be thrown out “Khaalideena Feehaa Aabaadaa” – Forever and forever!
  • IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE
  • Paradise is for the ‘Muttaqeen’ (Righteous)

:D

Source - A question answered by Sheikh Faisal in his lecture Adam and the Shaitaan
I always thought 'Paradise' and 'Heaven' were the same thing. What exactly is the difference?

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Read my above post - that IS the difference Lol.

Adam and Eve werent in Paradise when they were thrown out, they were in Heaven [According to Sheikh Faisal]

And the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam) will be the first to enter Paradise.

Allaah Knows best.

czgibson
11-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Greetings,
Read my above post - that IS the difference Lol.
Um... :?

I don't see how you've explained the difference.

You've listed things about Paradise. The only time the word 'Heaven' appears is in the title.

Peace

------
11-08-2007, 02:43 PM

Yeh, that's coz the Heaven thing is the opposite innit.

E.g. IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE.

This means he can enter Heaven, so this means Adam and Eve were in Heaven, not Paradise, because people in Paradise won't be thrown out and Iblis (Satan) was thrown out.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

syilla
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
do you have the arabic word for heaven and paradise...

If you have it...can you please share it with us.

Talha777
11-08-2007, 02:46 PM
From my humble point of view, Heaven and Paradise are the exact same thing, just two different yet synonomous English words for what we call Jannat.

However, the "heavens" is something else, it refers to the sky, outer space. In Arabic it is called samawati.

------
11-08-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm not Arabic sis, and the lecture I listened to was in English. If anyone has it, please share.

rozeena
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
thnks 4 sharin sis

czgibson
11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Greetings,

This only gets more confusing.

Yeh, that's coz the Heaven thing is the opposite innit.
So let me see if I've got this straight:

* 1st person to enter Paradise – Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam)
So Muhammad (pbuh) will be the last person to enter heaven?
* Believers will enter Paradise on Day Of Judgement
Unbelievers will enter heaven on the Day of Judgement?

or

Believers will not enter heaven on the Day of Judgement?

* In Paradise- no such thing as a Haraam tree – no Haraam can take place
So in heaven there is a haraam tree and haraam can take place?

* Paradise – you won’t be thrown out “Khaalideena Feehaa Aabaadaa” – Forever and forever!
In heaven you will? Why?

* IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE
But he can enter heaven?

* Paradise is for the ‘Muttaqeen’ (Righteous)
Heaven is for the unrighteous?

Can you see why all of this is so confusing?

[translation: "Yo, blud, dat's well confusin' - u iz twistin' my melon, man, innit!" :D]

Peace

------
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Are you taking the mickey? I'm sorry I've explained the concept what I understood from the lecture.

czgibson
11-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Greetings,

Are you taking the mickey? I'm sorry I've explained the concept what I understood from the lecture.
I'm just trying to understand - sorry if you somehow got offended, but saying you're going to explain the difference between two things, then listing assertions about one of them and saying 'it's the opposite innit' doesn't exactly make things clear. It can also lead to some pretty strange conclusions, as I showed.

Do you understand the difference? Is there a difference?

Peace

------
11-08-2007, 03:06 PM

From what I understand:

# 1st person to enter Paradise – Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam) [this clashes with H
P being the same thing, as Adam and Eve were there]
# Believers will enter Paradise on Day Of Judgement [So no one can go there before D.O.J, whereas Adam and Eve have been in Heaven]
# In Paradise- no such thing as a Haraam tree – no Haraam can take place [Adam and Eve ate from a tree that made them exposed]
# Paradise – you won’t be thrown out “Khaalideena Feehaa Aabaadaa” – Forever and forever! [Adam and Eve were thrown out]
# IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE [He was in Heaven and told Adam to eat from the tree]

That's the best I can explain it.

InToTheRain
11-08-2007, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I'm just trying to understand - sorry if you somehow got offended, but saying you're going to explain the difference between two things, then listing assertions about one of them and saying 'it's the opposite innit' doesn't exactly make things clear. It can also lead to some pretty strange conclusions, as I showed.

Do you understand the difference? Is there a difference?

Peace
I believe Talha Answered it here:

[PIE]From my humble point of view, Heaven and Paradise are the exact same thing, just two different yet synonomous English words for what we call Jannat.

However, the "heavens" is something else, it refers to the sky, outer space. In Arabic it is called samawati.[/PIE]

Yes I heard the same.

There are Seven Heavens altogether which are called in Arabic "Samawat (plural)/Sama'a (singular)". Jannah or Paradise is above the Heavens, above the seventh heaven. Paradise also have many levels above each other until we reach the pinnacle of Paradise .

syilla
11-08-2007, 03:32 PM
MashaAllah the world of hereafter is so much bigger compared to the earth...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Greetings,

Um... :?

I don't see how you've explained the difference.

You've listed things about Paradise. The only time the word 'Heaven' appears is in the title.

Peace
Peace :),

basically Adam was never in paradise because paradise is not a place from which you can get kicked out, plus nothing is forbidden in paradise, theres only good inside it. So the heaven in which Adam was contained a forbidden fruit and also he got kicked out. Finally paradise contains no devil, Heaven had shaytaan breach it.

Allah has created seven paradise's, and these are not similar to heaven :).

Pk_#2
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Peace :),

basically Adam was never in paradise because paradise is not a place from which you can get kicked out, plus nothing is forbidden in paradise, theres only good inside it. So the heaven in which Adam was contained a forbidden fruit and also he got kicked out. Finally paradise contains no devil, Heaven had shaytaan breach it.

Allah has created seven paradise's, and these are not similar to heaven :)....But paradise and heaven are the same. :shade: :D
:muddlehea:muddlehea:muddlehea

------
11-09-2007, 09:24 AM

No lol sis Umma Wasat, I explained the difference before. :p

Abdul-Raouf
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Siss and bros ..Thanks for sharing the info...

-Elle-
11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
interesting post,I was aksing myself the same question not long ago,:D

With regard to entering Paradise in both body and soul, this will happen on the Day of Resurrection for both humans and jinn.
Will we be able to see jinns in paradise? :?

جوري
11-09-2007, 11:35 PM
please allow me--

So Muhammad (pbuh) will be the last person to enter heaven?
Insha'Allah... those who are in paradise now were created there, as opposed to mortal entry!

Unbelievers will enter heaven on the Day of Judgement?
No --but they will see their would have been place in paradise upon the grave as to calibrate their regret!

or

Believers will not enter heaven on the Day of Judgement?
The righteous shall enter unto paradise after judgement, those whom Allah favored insha'Allah!

So in heaven there is a haraam tree and haraam can take place?
There is a cursed tree only in hell, called shajret az'zaqqum from which the unbelievers shall fill their bellies as evidenced in many suras most notable of course, in suret al-waqi3a, you may listen to it here, as it is translated and very poetic..from verse 41 on..this is one of my favorite suras, though it is hard to choose a favorite when they are all so eloquent and effective.. but it will shed some light as to why this 'scandalous waste of time' as you have so kindly pointed, is so very enjoyable for many of us, and by choice! =)

Media Tags are no longer supported

In heaven you will? Why?
Because it was/is the promise of Allah, Those in paradise are there eternally, as the disbelievers are in hell eternally...

But he can enter heaven?
He was expelled from heaven..
I was corrected by two brothers and so I add this modification, one Br.Mustafa MC and the other my actual sibling who informed me that satan wasn't a fallen angel as is in christian doctrine, rather the wisest of jinns, but he was indeed expelled from heaven.. the heaven that Adam and his wife dwelt is different from the paradise created for the believers!
وَيَا آدَمُ اسْكُنْ أَنتَ وَزَوْجُكَ الْجَنَّةَ فَكُلاَ مِنْ حَيْثُ شِئْتُمَا وَلاَ تَقْرَبَا هَـذِهِ الشَّجَرَةَ فَتَكُونَا مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
{19}
[Pickthal 7:19] And (unto man): O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden and eat from whence ye will, but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers.

فَوَسْوَسَ لَهُمَا الشَّيْطَانُ لِيُبْدِيَ لَهُمَا مَا وُورِيَ عَنْهُمَا مِن سَوْءَاتِهِمَا وَقَالَ مَا نَهَاكُمَا رَبُّكُمَا عَنْ هَـذِهِ الشَّجَرَةِ إِلاَّ أَن تَكُونَا مَلَكَيْنِ أَوْ تَكُونَا مِنَ الْخَالِدِينَ {20}
[Pickthal 7:20] Then Satan whispered to them that he might manifest unto them that which was hidden from them of their shame, and he said: Your Lord forbade you from this tree only lest ye should become angels or become of the immortals.

وَقَاسَمَهُمَا إِنِّي لَكُمَا لَمِنَ النَّاصِحِينَ {21}
[Pickthal 7:21] And he swore unto them (saying): Lo! I am a sincere adviser unto you.

فَدَلاَّهُمَا بِغُرُورٍ فَلَمَّا ذَاقَا الشَّجَرَةَ بَدَتْ لَهُمَا سَوْءَاتُهُمَا وَطَفِقَا يَخْصِفَانِ عَلَيْهِمَا مِن وَرَقِ الْجَنَّةِ وَنَادَاهُمَا رَبُّهُمَا أَلَمْ أَنْهَكُمَا عَن تِلْكُمَا الشَّجَرَةِ وَأَقُل لَّكُمَا إِنَّ الشَّيْطَآنَ لَكُمَا عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ {22}
[Pickthal 7:22] Thus did he lead them on with guile. And when they tasted of the tree their shame was manifest to them and they began to hide (by heaping) on themselves some of the leaves of the Garden. And their Lord called them, (saying): Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you: Lo! Satan is an open enemy to you?

قَالاَ رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ {23}
[Pickthal 7:23] They said: Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If thou forgive us not and have not mercy on us, surely we are of the lost!

قَالَ اهْبِطُواْ بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ وَلَكُمْ فِي الأَرْضِ مُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَى حِينٍ {24}
[Pickthal 7:24] He said: Go down (from hence), one of you a foe unto the other. There will be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a while.

Heaven is for the unrighteous?
mutaqeen are the righteous!

Can you see why all of this is so confusing?
Yes..you are not reading carefully...

cheers!

Yanal
11-10-2007, 01:07 AM
ASsalam alakum who is IBLIS CANNOT ENTER PARADISE

Malaikah
11-10-2007, 04:49 AM
:sl:

I think people are getting really confused here about the difference between Paradise and the Heavens lol.

barney
11-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Is there any order to entry after the prophet Mohammed goes in? Other prophets next or is it in chronological order starting with Adam, or martyrs after prophets etc?

جوري
11-10-2007, 06:59 AM
WHO WILL ENTER THE PARADISE FIRST?
The first one to reach Paradise and to open its gate will be the Messenger of Allah, Mohammad (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam).
Sahih Muslims narrates that the Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) will come to the gates of paradise and ask for it to be opened.
The gatekeeper will ask, "Who are you?"
The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) will say, "Muhammad".
The gatekeeper will say, "I was ordered not to open the gate for anyone else before you"".

The Ummah of the Messenger of Allah, Mohammad (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) will enter before others.
Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said: "We are the last, but we will be the first on the Day of Resurrection. We will be the first of mankind to enter Paradise". (Bukhari)
The first man to enter Paradise after the Messengers of Allah will be Abu Bakr
The first woman to enter Paradise will be Fatima
The first youth to enter Paradise will be Hassan and Husayn
The first martyr to enter Paradise will be Hamzah

In general:
The poor will enter Paradise forty years ahead of the rich (Sahih Muslim). [*40 years is not same as our forty years]
The poor will enter before rich. The Prophet said: "The poor of the Muhajireen will enter Paradise five hundred years ahead of the rich of the Muhajireen" because the Poor will not have to give the accountability of their property.
The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) also said, "I was shown the first three to enter Paradise: the Shaheed (the martyr); the one who is chaste and proud; and the slave who worships Allah (subhanu wa ta'ala) with devotion and is faithful and sincere towards his master"
In a long authentic Hadith, it is said that there will be 70,000 people who will enter Paradise without questioning and with every 70,000 there will be other 70,000.

THE LAST ONE AMONG THE PEOPLE OF HELL-FIRE TO ENTER JANNAH:
Reported in Sahih al-Bukhari, the Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said:
Some of the people will stay in Hell (be destroyed) because of their (evil) deeds, and some will be cut or torn by the hooks (and fall into Hell) and some will be punished and then relieved. When Allah (subhanu wa ta'ala) has finished His Judgments among the people, He will take whomever He will out of Hell through His Mercy.
He will then order the angels to take out of the Fire all those who used to worship none but Allah from among those whom Allah wanted to be merciful to and those who testified (in the world) that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah. The angels will recognize them in the Fire by the marks of prostration (on their foreheads), for the Fire will eat up all the human body except the mark caused by prostration as Allah has forbidden the Fire to eat the mark of prostration. They will come out of the (Hell) Fire, completely burnt and then the water of life will be poured over them and they will grow under it as does a seed that comes in the mud of the torrent.
Then Allah will finish the judgments among the people, and there will remain one man facing the (Hell) Fire and he will be the last person among the people of Hell to enter Paradise. He will say, 'O my Lord! Please turn my face away from the fire because its air has hurt me and its severe heat has burnt me.'
So he will invoke Allah in the way Allah will wish him to invoke, and then Allah will say to him, 'If I grant you that, will you then ask for anything else?'
He will reply, 'No, by Your Power, (Honor) I will not ask You for anything else.'
He will give his Lord whatever promises and covenants Allah will demand.
So Allah will turn his face away from Hell (Fire). When he will face Paradise and will see it, he will remain quiet for as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, then he will say, 'O my Lord! Bring me near to the gate of Paradise.'
Allah will say to him, 'Didn't you give your promises and covenants that you would never ask for anything more than what you had been given? Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are!'
He will say, 'O my lord,' and will keep on invoking Allah till He says to him, 'If I give what you are asking, will you then ask for anything else?'
He will reply, 'No, by Your (Honor) Power, I will not ask for anything else.'
Then he will give covenants and promises to Allah and then Allah will bring him near to the gate of Paradise. When he stands at the gate of Paradise, Paradise will be opened and spread before him, and he will see its splendor and pleasures whereupon he will remain quiet as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, and then he will say, 'O my Lord! Admit me into Paradise.'
Allah will say, 'Didn't you give your covenants and promises that you would not ask for anything more than what you had been given?' Allah will say, 'Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are!'
The man will say, 'O my Lord! Do not make me the most miserable of Your creation,' and he will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will laugh because of his sayings, and when Allah will laugh because of him.
Allah will say to him, 'Enter Paradise,' and when he will enter it, Allah will say to him, 'Wish for anything.' So he will ask his Lord, and he will wish for a great number of things, for Allah Himself will remind him to wish for certain things by saying, "(Wish for) so-and-so.'
When there is nothing more to wish for, Allah will say, 'This is for you, and its equal (is for you) as well.'
Abu Hurairah said, "That man will be the last person of the people of Paradise to enter Paradise."

LEVELS OF PARADISE:
The Paradise has 7 levels, the highest of which is Firdaus-al-'ala. The highest level is right under the Throne of Allah, the Almighty.
The doors of Paradise are eight, one of which is called ar-Raiyaan, which is exclusively for those who fast; another one is for those who go for Jihad; other is for those who pray; and one more is for those who give charity.
The highest level will be given to the best and lowest level will be given to the least best among the inhabitants of Jannah.
The Prophet Mohammad (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) will be in the highest level.
Each seven level of Paradise is divided into hundred levels. The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said: Paradise has one hundred levels which Allah has reserved for the mujaahideen who fight in His Cause and the distance between each of the two grades is like the distance between the heavens and the earth. So when you ask Allah for something, ask for al-Firdaus which is the best and highest part of Paradise. Above it is the throne of the Most Merciful, and from it. [Bukhari]

In Paradise, the families will be reunited.

So what if a person is on the higher level of Jannah will his family is at a lower level?

In this case, Allah (subhanu wa ta'ala) will take the person from lower level and promote him to a higher level; however, he will not have the same access to all the goodness of Paradise as those who rightly acquired higher level of Paradise, but this person will not feel jealous of what others will be given.

PARADISE DEMANDS HARD-WORK!

The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said, "Hell has been veiled with desires, and Paradise has been veiled with [surrounded by] hardships."

Paradise is very high; the greatest blessing of Allah; thus, it requires much exertion. The way to Paradise is filled with things that go against human wishes and inclinations. This needs strong determination and willpower.

The way to enter is to be steadfast and to follow what Allah (subhanu wa ta'ala) and His Messenger, Mohammad (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) has taught us with sincerity.

The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said: "No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone."

They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?"

He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy"

Nobody will enter Paradise, no matter how good he was, through his deeds. Good deeds will only be the means to acquire Allah's Mercy and Permission to enter Paradise.

source

------
11-10-2007, 11:18 AM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for all your input.

جوري
11-10-2007, 04:38 PM
who moi? Jazaki Allah khyran sis.. I was just along for the ride..
I don't believe some of our members have the 'Noble intent' that they display.. it is but another ploy to provoke and ridicule.. just give it a couple of days, if they are incredibly obvious... if not then watch out for other thread with more of the same..
waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

barney
11-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the info P A. I'd not read that before.

al-muslimah
11-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Paradise and Heaven are two different things.The arabic word for heaven is sama' and the arabic word for paradise is jannah.First of all heaven is the skies or the seven heavens(skies) it above us and jannah is way beyond that is al-jannah which Allah has reserved for the munineen.Their is a sahih hadeeth which states the comparison one of the HEAVENS being placed in jannah( one of its levels) is like aring in a desert.So of course it is two different things Allah has mentioned both jannah and the heavens in Qur'an and both have different names so why would they if they were the same meaning.samawat=heavens and jannah=paradise.Even the ulamah have used in their books of hadeeth and other kinds when talking about jannah in English they say paradise.Allahu A'llam.

------
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr sis ^^^ :D

IbnAbdulHakim
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Is there any order to entry after the prophet Mohammed goes in? Other prophets next or is it in chronological order starting with Adam, or martyrs after prophets etc?
Hey :) !

First its Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam due to being the best of prophets, then its the rest of the prophets and only Allah knows the exact order, then its Abu Bakr for being the best of the nation of Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam, then its The rest of Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaams ummah, then its the rest of the ummam (other nations).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.