/* */

PDA

View Full Version : durbaars and peers

rozeena
10-31-2007, 03:14 PM
i just wanted to know is it allowed in islam 2 go 2 durbaars and ask peers for things. cus my aunties etc do it alot. bt i dnt fink u can go 2 a dead persons grave n ask dem 4 sumfing as u shudnt ask ani1 apart from allah. n dey probli were veri good religious people bt once their dead dey cnt help us bt infact need our duas.plz correct me if im rong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
i just wanted to know is it allowed in islam 2 go 2 durbaars and ask peers for things. cus my aunties etc do it alot. bt i dnt fink u can go 2 a dead persons grave n ask dem 4 sumfing as u shudnt ask ani1 apart from allah. n dey probli were veri good religious people bt once their dead dey cnt help us bt infact need our duas.plz correct me if im rong.
:scared: yikes! these things scare me!

Nah..when a person is gone from this world then thats it...finito! khallas! how can anybody even think that those who have passed can help them?? I dont get it....ALLAH IS THE ONLY ONE TO ASK FROM! nobody else! man just pray for their hidaayah.

Medina83
10-31-2007, 04:22 PM
:w:

If you pray to anyone else or ask of a dead person its SHIRK.:omg:
Allah swt might not forgive unless they stop doing this and repent.
All other good deeds they do wouldn't count if they continued to do this.
That is what it says in my book on Tawheed by Bilal Philps in any case.

rozeena
10-31-2007, 04:28 PM
thanks 4da replies.i dnt understand y lots of people in pakistan do it den??? im bit confused is der anything written in da quran so i can present it to them and tell them that its wrong???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Medina83
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes there is sister..unfortunately I haven't got it off the top of my head (shows how much I need to learn) but I will post it later today inshaAllah when I get home .

And may Allah swt reward you for trying to help these people back to the straight path amin.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
:sl:

First of all, see this thread Insha'Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/tawheed-...move-them.html

And then:
Ibn Qayyim says in Madarij al-Salikin (1/332):
From the forms (of Shirk): Requesting the dead for needs, seeking their aid and turning to them.

This is the basis for Shirk in the world. This is because the actions of the dead have ceased. He is not able to harm or benefit himself, let alone the one who seeks his aid, or asks him to fulfil his need, or asks him to intercede for him with Allah, for this is from his ignorance with respect to the intercessor and the one interceded for, as has preceded. This is because he (the intercessor) is not able to intercede for him with Allah, except with His permission. Allah did not make his ‘seeking aid’ and petitioning, a cause for Allah’s permission to be granted. The only cause that grants Allah’s permission (for intercession) is the perfection of Tawheed. Yet, this Mushrik comes along, with a cause that only prevents Allah’s permission (for intercession)!”
Also see this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/tawheed-...assul-etc.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/770245-post6.html

thanks 4da replies.i dnt understand y lots of people in pakistan do it den??? im bit confused is der anything written in da quran so i can present it to them and tell them that its wrong???
Yes:

Allah said in His book about the associationist people of Nuh:
[They said: Do not forsake your gods, do not forsake Wadd, Suwaa', Yaghooth, Ya'ooq, and Nasr.] Qur'an 71/23
Ibn Abbas and others of the first generations reported about this verse:
"These "gods" (mentioned in the verse) were a righteous people among the people of Nuh. When they died, the people were devoted to their graves. This was the beginning of idol worship." Later, they made images of them and worshipped them.
Quoted by Ibn Taymiyyah in his 'Criterion Between the Allies of the Merciful and the Allies of the Devil'.

islamicboard
10-31-2007, 04:55 PM
asalamu alaikum

first of all, you should definitely not ask a DEAD person for advice. once a person is dead Allah takes his soul. so whatever question you need to ask, check it up in the hadith or the qur'an. these two things are the complete guidance which Allah has given us. Allah will never leave anyone to have no choice but to sin. nabi muhammad (saw) said: whatever i forbid you to do, abstain from it. whatever i command you to do, do it as much as you can.

so, if the thing u need is haram, no matter what the consequences in this life you might get you have to stay away from it.

snakelegs
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
thanks 4da replies.i dnt understand y lots of people in pakistan do it den???
sufis. :omg:

Pk_#2
10-31-2007, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
sufis. :omg:
;D Watch them on youtube. :D

Nice advice people jazakAllah khair, i certainly do not ask dead people for advice, i hope all those who replied are alive and well (Ameen)

Byeee

chacha_jalebi
11-01-2007, 12:27 AM
its all ridiculious:D

this is like my fav topic lol:p

i think all the posts have answered the Qs, jus few points frm manz:D

some of them say we only go there bcos we want to get close to Allah swt through these people, WELL

in surah az zumar it says that the people that take auliya beside Allah, say that they only do it to get closer to Allah swt, then it says Allah will deal with them:D cause they lie

also some of these 'saints' have weirdo stories - it all just a dodgy thin

may Allah forgive us

waji
11-01-2007, 02:35 AM
:sl:

Sura Fatir is important
And no bearer of burdens shall bear another's burden, and if one heavily laden calls another to (bear) his load, nothing of it will be lifted even though he be near of kin. You (O Muhammad SAW) can warn only those who fear their Lord unseen, and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat*as*Salât). And he who purifies himself (from all kinds of sins), then he purifies only for the benefit of his ownself. And to Allâh is the (final) Return (of all). (Fatir 35:18)
next ayats are important see how Allah give examples
Not alike are the blind and the seeing . (Fatir 35:19)
Nor are the darkness and the light . (Fatir 35:20)
Nor are the shade and the sun's heat. (Fatir 35:21)
Nor are the living and the dead . Verily, Allâh makes whom He will hear, but you cannot make hear those who are in graves. (Fatir 35:22)
You (O Muhammad SAW) are only a warner (i.e. your duty is to convey Allâh's Message to mankind but the guidance is in Allâh's Hand). (Fatir 35:23)

remember saying salam is sunnah but salam is dua
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.