/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear...

AnonymousPoster
10-31-2007, 05:10 PM
i have this fear inside me which i absolutley hate!!
like i get intimidated by people.. i get this sense of fear and my body feels num and weak!
like if someone hits me i dont retaliate because of fear! i try and telling myself "dont fear anyone but Allah" but i still do... when it comes to a fight i completely forget everything and my body goes so num and weak i get cold and start shivering..

i really need help on becoming mentally stronger so i dont get scared when someone wants to attack me or harm me in any way. i hate being afraid of people and being intimadted by people... i honestly just want to fear Allah....

please help me im very weak mentally and i hate it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-02-2007, 10:39 AM
:sl:

TRY TO VISIT A PSYCHOLOGIST FOR THIS PROBLEM. BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PHOBIA WHICH NEEDS TO BE TACKLED BY PROFESSIONAL HELP. JUST LOOK FOR IT AND INSHA ALLAH YOU'LL BE OK SOON (AMEEN).:thumbs_up

sevgi
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
like i get intimidated by people.. i get this sense of fear and my body feels num and weak!
like if someone hits me i dont retaliate because of fear! i try and telling myself "dont fear anyone but Allah" but i still do... when it comes to a fight i completely forget everything and my body goes so num and weak i get cold and start shivering..

i really need help on becoming mentally stronger so i dont get scared when someone wants to attack me or harm me in any way. i hate being afraid of people and being intimadted by people... i honestly just want to fear Allah....

why are ppl trying to harm u physically? thats the first problem u shud address...not how to deal with the attacks????

care to share so i mite be able to help u...

:)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 10:52 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

i think you probably just have low self esteem bro, maybe partake in more social activities? :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
:sl:

^ I think the brother is saying, how can you just be afraid of Allah as you are supposed to be, and remove fears of everything else:hmm:

-Elle-
11-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Well,this does have a lot to do with self-confidence and self-esteem.I totally live by the "Stand up for yourself no matter what" mindset,and I think that everyone should.No one is allowed to make you feel inferior.No ONE.Point blank.

Maybe you should try and figure out why your intimidated by people.Are you a shy person?Remember,throughout your life,you will have to deal with people,wether it be at work/school/events,and trust me,most of these people have nothing really intimidating about them.If you show them that your not a push over,that you stand up for yourself and your a confident person,chances are they won't bug you anymore or they'll respect you.Now I don't mean "go off and be a jerk to everyone,"lol,I mean apply this in a situation where you're being provoked.

If someone accidently nudges you while passing by or pushes you then apoligizes,you don't really need to do anything,just smile and say it's ok.:)

Be proud of who you are,everyone's one of a kind...try to be a bit more sociable and it'll ease your nervousness around people.

Hope it helps,

:w:

jouju
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Be strong and ask Allah for help
Y not try analyse the reason for your fear..Do not let anyone intimidate you after all wat right does he / she has?
Confront ur fears
Plus try to avoid fights at all costs...unless u hav no option-a matter of defending islaam,ur dignity etc
Try to boost ur self-esteem..
Am praying for you

AnonymousPoster
11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I remeber I use to be like you long time ago. I am not sure but its probably because the society you came from. I was constantly beaten by parents, teachers, Muftis since my birth. So when I moved to west everything was very wierd for me. I remeber I never talked in class I was really scared of my teachers. I did very poorly in education got picked on a lot for not talking. But eventually I changed myself. But by the time I changed I graducated from highschool. So now I am upgrading myself to get into college. Also I volunteer alot more and work part time which helped me a lot. Workout this will help you alot.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.