/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afghan Elections

minaz
09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4255816.stm
The Afghan people are voting many for the first time, I for one am glad to see the majority of Afghans exercising their right to vote for the government they want. What are your views upon this former "dictatorship" run country transforming into one of democracy?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
09-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Salaam,

Subhanallah I've seen it on the news yesterday mashallah, the more they vote, the more they will get used to voting ever since the Taliban has lost it's regieme. I've even seen the women going and voting, and it is truly a wonderful sight to my eyes. As a matter of fact just day before yesterday I went to go register to vote, because I'm coming of the age where it is legal to. Which is in about one year..-oh well I can wait inshallah :)

minaz
09-19-2005, 06:26 PM
yeh I exercised my legal right earlier this year - a lot of bloody difference it made damn Tony! Anywho yeh it's a great sight

Muezzin
09-19-2005, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
yeh I exercised my legal right earlier this year - a lot of bloody difference it made damn Tony! Anywho yeh it's a great sight
Can you say 'Elective dictatorship'? :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
lol oh well I don't have to pay top up fees due to him so can't be tooooo harsh :p

sonofadam
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Democracy is a religion. But it is not Allah’s religion. It is not the religion of monotheism, and its parliamentary councils are just places of polytheism, and safe havens for paganistic beliefs.

minaz
09-19-2005, 06:54 PM
so I guess you won't be voting in the Afghan elections then :p

Far7an
09-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I had the privelage of witnessing the local elections in Pakistan on my recent visit to the country, prior to that, I had only seen how elections take place in third world countries through pictures, and to my amazement they always seemed so organised, with people looking eager to place their vote.

This is far from reality, I find it amusing how in the photos they have them lined up in single form hehe

In our village in Pakistan, the Police officers were carrying Ak47's and had to threaten many of the villagers at times, warning them not to skip the que or rush things.

Oh the wonders of western propaganda *sighs*

mahdisoldier19
09-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Salam alakam

This new govt is a puppet, General dostum murdered thousands of taliban innocent victims and karzai is just a puppet he doesnt own afghanistan, Afghanistan belongs to the PATHANS we own afghanistan we fought the russians the hazaris juss sided with them. Dostum murdered thousands of innocent afghans along with the USA and he got away with it for now. So for those who think this new govt is good , no you have no clue about anything in afghanistan, when the taliban were ruling among the poshtun people they loved the taliban because they gave order and peace. The women who was shot in the head in the middle of the stadium im sure some of you saw that. She killed her husband and slept with her son. The taliban went to the womans family they said to kill her she disgraces them . So what are the taliban suppose to do? Now what i hope is someone who is righteous comes to the throne of origional afghanistan to Unite all the people, not a puppet like karzai whos brother owns a restaurent in pennsalvania just a tool he is. Inshallah you people will realize the true Islam that was existing in afghanistan not the CNN islam you were watching. Ask Any Afghan who lived under them. It was a PERFECT Islamic society. No stealing no nothing wrong. Everyone complains bout what the taliban were doing? What they, were just giving you better chances to get to Jannet to follow Islam, but some of you are still blinded. Everyone in this new govt is corrupt all puppets for the USA, because now whats going to happen is the oil is going to go from afghanistan, all the gold and jewerly taken by the rich business owners .

Far7an
09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Salam alakam
Wa alaikum asalaam

Afghanistan belongs to the PATHANS we own afghanistan
I guess that means me too, where do I go to claim my part of the land? :D

we fought the russians
Who is we?
It was a PERFECT Islamic society.
Peaceful? No, Perfect? No.

minaz
09-19-2005, 09:24 PM
lol sos bro if you thought I was backbiting about you and stuff, I think many people here know that I'd never commit such a "henious crime". Anywho what's better, the people of a country electing a leader they want or a group taking over which the people do not want?

minaz
09-19-2005, 09:41 PM
lol the good 'ol Hashim-Minaz stalemate, I aint half missed those, anywho i just hope all the best works out for the Afghan people for it's their well being which is most important

Ummu Amatullah
09-19-2005, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Salam alakam

This new govt is a puppet, General dostum murdered thousands of taliban innocent victims and karzai is just a puppet he doesnt own afghanistan, Afghanistan belongs to the PATHANS we own afghanistan we fought the russians the hazaris juss sided with them. Dostum murdered thousands of innocent afghans along with the USA and he got away with it for now. So for those who think this new govt is good , no you have no clue about anything in afghanistan, when the taliban were ruling among the poshtun people they loved the taliban because they gave order and peace. The women who was shot in the head in the middle of the stadium im sure some of you saw that. She killed her husband and slept with her son. The taliban went to the womans family they said to kill her she disgraces them . So what are the taliban suppose to do? Now what i hope is someone who is righteous comes to the throne of origional afghanistan to Unite all the people, not a puppet like karzai whos brother owns a restaurent in pennsalvania just a tool he is. Inshallah you people will realize the true Islam that was existing in afghanistan not the CNN islam you were watching. Ask Any Afghan who lived under them. It was a PERFECT Islamic society. No stealing no nothing wrong. Everyone complains bout what the taliban were doing? What they, were just giving you better chances to get to Jannet to follow Islam, but some of you are still blinded. Everyone in this new govt is corrupt all puppets for the USA, because now whats going to happen is the oil is going to go from afghanistan, all the gold and jewerly taken by the rich business owners .
Asallama Alaikum yes,brother we're aware this new gov. and their role as puppets.One of the goals of the kufaar was to establish democracy that way they'll turn people against Allah.People these days are so gullible into thinking it's something good for them.How is being puppets for a kufaar country and being used continually possibly something you can live with?Like brother Hashim said this isn't liberation it's invasion. :thumbs_up

minaz
09-19-2005, 09:48 PM
how does democracy "turn people away from Allah"?

minaz
09-19-2005, 09:52 PM
so all of us living in England, US, France, Germany, etc are disobeying Allah?

Ummu Amatullah
09-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Well since there's alot of fitnah there and we humans get caught up in society easily leading us further astray.So in a way yes,we are

minaz
09-19-2005, 10:01 PM
If that is the way, then what should one do who believes in this?

Ummu Amatullah
09-19-2005, 10:08 PM
In democracy?????

Abdul Fattah
09-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Did the afgan people want to be invaded?
Is this better?

Did the afgan people want to be savagley attacked and brutally and illegally invaded?
Is this better?

Did the afgan people want this occupation of their land, and the mass slaughter of their people?
Is this better?

Did the afgan people want the islamic law to be 'replaced' by a haraam sustem?
Is this better?

Did the afgan people want a puppet government im power who seeks to meet the needs of America rather than the afgan people.
Is this better?

Allaah knows best my brother, but the afgan people will never be occupied and the mujahideen will never be defeated, no mater what.
selam aleikum

Hashim, although I respect your vieuws, I think things are a lil' bit more complicated then the way you picture it. I mean wichever way you turn it, a country needs to take desisions. And to make these decisions you need to appoint someone. I think elections are the most "fair" way of appointing someone to "decide" in the place of the people. Sure the sytem will always get corrupted one way or another when you appoint power to a single person or a small group of people, but do you seriously suggest a dictationship is better then democracy? Also note that I'm not saying the American invasion was justified. I'm just saying, the way the cards are dealth now, doesnt afghanistan has a better political culture now? That doesn't mean it was worth all the blood shed, but there's no sense in ignoring something good because it came out of something bad.

basitisnumberone
09-20-2005, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim
:sl:

I pray you are all in the best of emaan and health insh'allaah'ta'allaah.

Respected ya ukhtee, i strongly request you to seek ilm in this issue and review what you have said insh'allaah. Voting is haraam in this beautiful deen of Al Islaam, my sister legislation belongs to Allaah subhanhu'wa'tallaah alone if you want my da'leel please read suraah Yusuf of the noble Qur'aan.

The shar'iah is the only system, this is the divine law all other man made systems and ideologises are haraam. It is a form of Kufr to rule by other Allaah azzawajjal, wa man laq hum bimaah anzalaah allaahu fa ulaaykaah humaal kaafiroon. Verily may Allaah save us from this and keep us on the path of the muttaqeen.

If you are so eager to be involved in the political process (mash'allaah) make sure you do it by halaal ways, and not haraam ways, this is the path of the faa'si'qoon. S if you are interested in getting involved in the politcal process, than by all means, call for the khilaafaah insh'allaah'ta'allaah.

Lastly my sister, before you praise this 'elections', remember that from the beauty of the shariah of this land it was brutally invaded and a puppet regime put in power and now they rule by other than Allaah subahnhu'wa'tallaah. You call this democracy i call this occupation, you call this liberation i call this invasion. The Talliban and the mujahideen there will not rest until this land is again ruled by shariah, and this great shaytaan is wiped from this land.

I do not wish to offend you sister, if i have please forgive me. I know you are sincere and your niyaah is Al Iklhaas, mash'allaah.

Also i will say this once only and keep it brief, from the time i have been gone it was intresting to see who was my true brothers who repsected me in my abscense and did not speak ill of me. Alhamdulillaah may Allaah reward you all. Only one brother, minaz, i was told cracked a few jokes about me and spoke about here in the various threads, my brother i am your companion and i am your brother in faith. If you have something to say please say it me directly, back-biting is a henious crime, one which we ask Allaah azzawajjal's protection from.

And Allaah subhaanhu'wa'tallaah knows best.

:w:
alhamdullilah bro, great post
sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimuhullah) said, "Islam implies submission to Allah Alone. whoever submits himself to anyone else is a mushrik and whoever doesn't submit himself to Him is too arrogant to worship Him. Both the mushrik and the one who is too arrogant to worship Him are kaafir. Submission to Him Aone implies worhipping Him alone and obeying Him alone. This is the religion of Islam, other than which Allah will not accept any religion."
As He (SWT) says, "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (3:85)

Imam at-Tabari (rahimuhullah) says of the ayah, " O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly" (2:208)
"If it's asked, what does it mean when Allah urges the believers to follow Muhammad (SAW) and the Islam that he brought? The anwser is that it means to follow all His laws and His rulings, without neglecting some whilst doing others." (tafsir at-Tabari)

as for us muslims, living in the western lands, which are governed by man-made laws, if we prefer the man-made legislation in these lands over shariah and believe it to be superior, then, according to most scholars this is kufr. Allahu'Alim

Abdul Fattah
09-20-2005, 02:44 AM
alhamdullilah bro, great post
sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimuhullah) said, "Islam implies submission to Allah Alone. whoever submits himself to anyone else is a mushrik and whoever doesn't submit himself to Him is too arrogant to worship Him. Both the mushrik and the one who is too arrogant to worship Him are kaafir. Submission to Him Aone implies worhipping Him alone and obeying Him alone. This is the religion of Islam, other than which Allah will not accept any religion."
As He (SWT) says, "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (3:85)

Imam at-Tabari (rahimuhullah) says of the ayah, " O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly" (2:208)
"If it's asked, what does it mean when Allah urges the believers to follow Muhammad (SAW) and the Islam that he brought? The anwser is that it means to follow all His laws and His rulings, without neglecting some whilst doing others." (tafsir at-Tabari)

as for us muslims, living in the western lands, which are governed by man-made laws, if we prefer the man-made legislation in these lands over shariah and believe it to be superior, then, according to most scholars this is kufr. Allahu'Alim
How does appointing someone to govern a country equal submiting to them? How does voting or even believing in the ideology of it equal seeking a religion other then islam? Are the two incompatible? Don't get me wrong, I think following islamic laws is super, but you can't let a country run loose can you? Somebody has to represent these ideas in order for them to be followed. And what better way to appoint such a person then by elections?

Halima
09-20-2005, 05:23 PM

I pray you are all in the best of emaan and health insh'allaah'ta'allaah.

Respected ya ukhtee, i strongly request you to seek ilm in this issue and review what you have said insh'allaah. Voting is haraam in this beautiful deen of Al Islaam, my sister legislation belongs to Allaah subhanhu'wa'tallaah alone if you want my da'leel please read suraah Yusuf of the noble Qur'aan.

The shar'iah is the only system, this is the divine law all other man made systems and ideologises are haraam. It is a form of Kufr to rule by other Allaah azzawajjal, wa man laq hum bimaah anzalaah allaahu fa ulaaykaah humaal kaafiroon. Verily may Allaah save us from this and keep us on the path of the muttaqeen.

If you are so eager to be involved in the political process (mash'allaah) make sure you do it by halaal ways, and not haraam ways, this is the path of the faa'si'qoon. S if you are interested in getting involved in the politcal process, than by all means, call for the khilaafaah insh'allaah'ta'allaah.

Lastly my sister, before you praise this 'elections', remember that from the beauty of the shariah of this land it was brutally invaded and a puppet regime put in power and now they rule by other than Allaah subahnhu'wa'tallaah. You call this democracy i call this occupation, you call this liberation i call this invasion. The Talliban and the mujahideen there will not rest until this land is again ruled by shariah, and this great shaytaan is wiped from this land.

I do not wish to offend you sister, if i have please forgive me. I know you are sincere and your niyaah is Al Iklhaas, mash'allaah.

Also i will say this once only and keep it brief, from the time i have been gone it was intresting to see who was my true brothers who repsected me in my abscense and did not speak ill of me. Alhamdulillaah may Allaah reward you all. Only one brother, minaz, i was told cracked a few jokes about me and spoke about here in the various threads, my brother i am your companion and i am your brother in faith. If you have something to say please say it me directly, back-biting is a henious crime, one which we ask Allaah azzawajjal's protection from.

And Allaah subhaanhu'wa'tallaah knows best.

Dear respected brother, I just wanted to say welcome back and I hope that you are in the best state of iman inshallah. I had deeply taken to consideration in your post up above. It was due to my ignorance that I posted what I have posted and mashallah you have guided me in the righteous direction. I would gratefully like to say thank you, and I am in no way offended what so ever. It is better for a person to guide a fellow muslim brother/sister than to just be silent and let them go down the drain. In this case I didn't no that voting was haraam like I had said before due to my ignorance. Your explanation in your post simply made sense what I had thought afterwards. Voting is what the kuffar does and Allah (swt) has strongly emphasized that muslims should not follow the kuffar in any way shape or form. Dear brother, I am most happy that you are back with us again to teach us more. Back to the original post, since you had said that there are halaal ways to vote, than why is voting not allowed in the first place? I will be more than happy to await your precious answer.

Muezzin
09-20-2005, 05:25 PM
The elections may be a fair way in your opinion, but in my eyes it is not fair in any respect, the puppet regime is in power and the americans will nt allow anyone to be in power who will resist them, this is the main point i am telling you insh'allaah'ta'allaah. Secondly you cannat impose 'democracy' on a people, you cannat invade them and call this liberation. The shari'aah is the only system, and we muslims do not want any haraam systems, and especially no haraam systrems forced upon us.
A good enough ideal. The reality however is very different. Open challenge: Name an uncorrupted Islamic State using Sharia. :)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original Kaliphate a form of democracy?

mahdisoldier19
09-20-2005, 08:35 PM
We is my family Zadran who led the grand army against the russians as they tried to leave, We totally wiped them all out as they tried to leave thats we. What did you do? Just because you watch News doesnt mean you know everything. Its all false. Afghanistan was A PERFECT MUSLIM SOCIETY UNDER TALIBAN i dont care what you say because you never went there. I went there i have family living there they all tell me when taliban were here it was the only time of peace in Islam. And i think you missed hte part minaz of General Dostum wiping out thousands of taliban innocent people suspected of being taliban. John walker lingh the supposly american traitor. Do you even know what happen to him? he graduated college at 18 he was one of the smartest in the United states left united states studied islam. Under taliban rule your suppose to grow a beard so he went to afghanistan to find his wife who was lost in afghanistan. Then general dostum told the USA that hes taliban. when he was in fact just looking for his wife. If he did that to an american what the hell you think he did to the PATHANS. You have no idea about Politics and theyre goal. And minaz democracy does take us away from Islam. Just look at the muslims in america trying to not led astray. If you were growing up in Europe you should know how hard it is to keep islamic faith there if you dont im sorry i dont know what you were doing in your life. I allready hear about Jewish business owners buying up land turning afghanistan to resorts. By Allah swt i dont care what happens No DEMOCRACY IN AFGHANISTAN ONLY ISLAM. NO I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. AFGHANISTAN SHOULD Only BE La Illah ha illallah wa Muhammadau Rasoolilah.

minaz
09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
interesting post,
And minaz democracy does take us away from Islam
You may think that, however a non democratic society doesn't guarantee you heaven

mahdisoldier19
09-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Salam alakam

It may not gurantee me heaven because this earth is not heaven Allah swt allready created another paradise. Atleast it will create a better Islamic society than what is now in america and europe

minaz
09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
that's your opinion, however I feel one can become a stronger muslim by facing socieites un islamic problems, i.e (according to your location) we both live in "America and Eruope" and I for one feel my non-islamic society hasn't led me astray

mahdisoldier19
09-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Salam alakam

So you would choose a democractic society rather than a islamic society?

Abdul Fattah
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
That depends. Islamic laws is one thing, the way they are kept is another.

For example forcing religion upon somebody means forcing a person to lie and thus commiting sin. That's just one example of how "islamic" states aren't as perfect as you insinuate. Who decides wich laws to uphold. How to interpret everything? The person with the most guns? Is that your utopia?

But then again I was never there so I guess that means I'm not aloud to comment just how perfect the society was under the taliban?

akulion
09-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Salam Alaikum

No offence to anyone - Just a simple opinion I would like to express:

The afghan govt and its leaders are just puppets in my view.

Muezzin
09-21-2005, 05:42 PM
:s
I could also say Iran, they have shari'aah mash'allaah and very strong state standing up to the west and attempting to unite the muslim world, however they are shi'aah and you could argue they have corrupted the deen with their hatred for the companions and the sahaabaah and various religious innovations (bid'aah), may Allaah azzawajal forgive them.
Good example but, whooh, I'm not even gonna get involved in the whole Sunni/Shia debate. Way too many worms in that can. :)

We also have states like malaysia and somalia and other arab states alhamdulillaah ruling by Allaah subhanhu'wa'tallaah.
Very, very true.

But to answer your challenege, to name one uncoorupt islamic state, i will say the Talliban and i pray to Allaah all exalted that he gives them the ability to implement the shariah againa nd give them the abilility to repel this evil from the islamic land. I say Talliban, becuase simply when they were in power for the first time in 25 years of bloodshed and fighting in this country, there was peace and there was harmony, and why was this? Beauase it was ruled by the rules of Al Islaam, the perfect system, the divine law. This country is ravaged by war lords and their petty but brutal vendetta's and its rapid rape rate and its enourmous opium and drug production, but when the Talliban was there and shar'iaah was in power all of these problems was gone. What happened when the kuffaar invaded and they put their puppet regime there? Drugs was up 400% and infact it was all back, even worse and the fighting and the bloodshed was back. But alhamdulillaah the Talliban are not defeated and the mujahideen are still fighting to liberate this land may Allaah most high aid them in their cause.
Yup. The West can say all they like about so called 'human rights abuses'. Who's the nation holding their prisoners in cages in an island off Cuba? :p The Taliban outlawed the growing of opium poppies, which would have been excellent in the long run. If Bush and Blair hadn't come and cocked it all up of course.

minaz
09-21-2005, 06:36 PM
The leaders of the muslim world are all puppets of America
lol which leader (muslim/non-muslim) aint a "puppet"

akulion
09-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Salam Alaikum
lol good point

baby_muslimah15
09-22-2005, 04:12 AM
:Love:

akulion
09-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Salam Alaikum
I think your post is missing there sis
all i see is>> :Love:

Please re-check

imaad_udeen
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
No deomcracy in Islam?

How about we hear from some Muslim scholars on this issue?

Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

First of all, we would like to highlight the fact that pluralism is something that has been known to Islam and Muslim scholars for a long time. Islam does not say that only one party should run the affairs of the whole state or seize power; rather, it leaves the matter to be determined according to the rules of as-siyasah ash-shar`iyyah (Shari`ah-oriented policy), which vary according to time and place. Muslim scholars accept the articles of the democratic system that coincide with the teachings of Islam.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada states:

“If your question is whether Muslims can decide and run the affairs of their country through consultation and consensus among the people, the answer is yes; but if, while exercising this authority, they were to legislate on matters on which Allah and His Messenger have pronounced decisive judgments, then that is not acceptable in Islam. Examples are legislation to legalize homosexuality, fornication, adultery, aggressive wars, discrimination based on race or ethnicity or language, liquor and intoxicants, and so on. People have no authority to legislate on or tamper with matters about which Allah has pronounced a decisive judgment.

People, however, are permitted to make decisions on all matters that do not fall under the purview of the divine writ through mutual consultation and consensus among themselves. This area of legislation in Islam is immense and extensive; whereas, the first category where people have no freedom to exercise legislative authority is rather limited.

The vast area of legislation affecting public life and social relations is, therefore, subject to democratic practice so long as laws are governed by the Qur’anic imperatives to establish truth, justice, fairness, and compassion, as much as humanly possible. People are not only permitted to achieve this through the democratic process of consultation and consensus; rather, they are ordered to do so according to the clear orders of Allah in the Qur’an:

“And consult them in their affairs; then when you decide (matters based on consultation) put your trust in Allah (in implementing the same) for verily Allah loves those who place their trust in Him” (Al `Imran: 159).

“And their affairs are run through mutual consultation” (Ash-Shura: 38).

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) further warned rulers and leaders who betray the trust invested in them by people, of terrible divine retribution.

Finally, the Qur’anic order for humanity is to establish justice, compassion and to strive against injustice, evil and aggression:
“Verily, Allah commands justice and compassion, and giving freely to the kith and kin, and He forbids lewdness, evil of all kinds and aggression; He admonishes you in order for you to remain conscientious” (An-Nahl: 90).

“O you who believe, be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity; and let not hatred of any people make you swerve from justice. Deal justly; that is nearer to God-fearing. Fear Allah. Allah is aware of what you do” (Al-Ma’idah: 8).

To conclude: If anyone thinks Islam sanctions monarchy, dictatorship and despotic rule, and is opposed to democracy as stated above, they are simply contradicting the teachings of the Qur’an both in letter and spirit.”

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.muslims.ca

minaz
09-22-2005, 08:04 PM
very good input there brother Imaad Udeen

imaad_udeen
09-26-2005, 06:11 PM
lol which leader (muslim/non-muslim) aint a "puppet"
There is a difference between being a 'puppet' and being a 'realists.'

The Taliban, for instance, certainly were not puppets, but nor were they realists. They stood by their ideals, but look where that got them.

Musharaf of Pakistan is not a puppet of the United States, he is a realist, though. He understands that supporting Islamic terrorism is a losing bet, while throwing his lot in with the United States in their time of need will empower his position against India and open the door to untold aid and support from the United States in the future.

MHO, as always.

minaz
09-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Good point there. The US has the best economic and military advantage in the world if you say no to them then it sucks to be you. Yes it is realistic to be in their favour, however this also causes some to see the US being a "puppet master". Oh well one will never squash the Anti-Americans on this forum.

omarahmadzai
09-27-2005, 08:43 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have read the history of Afghanistan? And to make it easier on everyone let us only go back a 100 years.

Oh, and by the way, There was never any dictatorship in Afghanistan.

Now, to respond to the original message: Yes, I'm very happy that the people of Afghanistan have been able to vote in the presidential elections and now the Parliamentary elections. It only saddens my heart when I hear about the native Afghans (Pashtuns) whom are NEVER given equal opportunity to participate, EVEN the United Nations (Who has a monopoly over the voters registration process in Afghanistan) will not go to the Pashtun villages in remote areas to register, men, women, elders and the young (Pashtuns) so that they can VOTE! And they happen to be over 75% of the population! Not to even mention the other side of the border (Paki-Border Tribal areas).
Once again, Yes I'm delighted, this was needed badly.
Equal Opportunity=Democracy, right?

Omar

basitisnumberone
09-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Good point there. The US has the best economic and military advantage in the world if you say no to them then it sucks to be you. Yes it is realistic to be in their favour, however this also causes some to see the US being a "puppet master". Oh well one will never squash the Anti-Americans on this forum.
naw bro, it sucks to be of those who disobey Allah, who blessed you with economic and military advantage over others to begin with, cause chaos and havoc worldwide, disrespect Allah's religion, walk amongst others with arrogance and haughtiness, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc (x a trillion)
especially on the day of judgement, man that would suck. I ask Allah to give victory to all those who are being oppresed around the world, to humiliate the disbelievers who have waged war on his religion, in this life and the next.
ameen.
And there is no might or power expect with Allah.

minaz
09-27-2005, 10:08 PM
That is true but what would for example; President Musharaf, when the US asked him for his help in Afghanistan? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

sonofadam
09-27-2005, 10:58 PM
That is true but what would for example; President Musharaf, when the US asked him for his help in Afghanistan? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Exposition Regarding the Disbelief of the One That Assists the Americans

muslimrebel
10-08-2005, 04:36 PM
as usual many of the elections wwill be fraud....and obviously wrong....they are all cover ups

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.