/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for qualified expat women in Saudi?

manaal
11-02-2007, 03:53 AM
:sl:

I'm planning to join my husband in Jeddah, KSA early next year, insha Allah. I have an idea of working there if I have the chance. According to the info I have received the only jobs qualified women are allowed to have in KSA are in schools or hospitals. Does anyone know of any other types of jobs available for women? I have a degree in commerce and wish to work in bank. Are there women's banks in KSA? :confused:
I tried to do an on-line search for jobs there but came up with nothing.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
11-02-2007, 11:56 AM

i think the banks only employ saudis :?

Malaikah
11-02-2007, 12:09 PM

Sis they have banks that are only for women, 100% women, no men allowed to enter. Workers are all women. Apparently it is so women can uncover their faces ...

Well, yeh, I don't know if you can work there though... but they exist!!

Seeker_of_truth
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Just a warning me and my family lived in Saudi Arabia. Besides Makkah And Medinah the country is not that great. The people are horrible and racist (not all). Rich people have it easy so never mess around with a rich saudi person or you will get in big trouble. Even if its their fault you will get in trouble. Never NEVER work for any saudis at their house. Some rich saudi young guys go around harassing women even if she is FULLY COVERED. To be honest I would never recommened anyone to move to any arab country. They have no respect for human values. The governments are bad as much as the civilians. Even some local mosque imams are racist they prefer arabs over non-arab muslim. But out of all the arab countries saudi arabia is the Safest and yes thats scary.

My dads brother passed away in Saudi Arabia. He had a workers permit. Right after he passed away the family was told to leave. These people are scum they have no morales or values. Soon we shall see as soon as the world doesn't need their oli they wil fall flat on there racist face. Then they will remeber all the non-arab muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mano_the_cat
11-02-2007, 04:23 PM
oh my ... dont scare her!
i live in ksa too ...its not that bad.
you can teach in some school or some private institutes. they hire teachers ...its not that bad.
for Allah's sake, dont discourage people. land of every country is law for them. if one lives in a foreign land one has to abide by their rules.
try to help people rather than scaring them off. the biggest thing that attracts any muslim to ksa are the holy places.
dear manaal, there is a lot of oppertunities for women. dont worry too much.

Medina83
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
the fact there is a "royal" family in the very country Allah swt chose to reveal His Quran where the beloved Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa salam lived and preached...isn't that an indication itself of the hyprocrisy?

the "queen" doesnt even wear a hijab.

Seeker_of_truth
11-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I do not wish to see any muslim in the state my dad was in. My dad had a job in Saudi Arabia married children home everything. Over night the law of SAUDIZATION came in which made it a must for big companies to hire Saudis instead of non Saudis. My dad luckly was ready for this and we moved to Canada. Alhumdillah we had enough backing imagine a muslim who doesnt have anything besides that job. Mash'Allah Sister just because you are well off doesn't mean you dont care for other muslims.
Expose this dirt government to every muslim!
Sister muslims like you have given a backbone to these governments and as long as we defend these governments. The west will always be more advanced and non-muslims will always mock muslims. Look at pakistan and india they are side by side. Pakistan dictator and a oppressor. Then look at India advancing creating jobs going forth. Pakistan is going back in time as there dirt leader controls the country. Arabia belongs to the muslims as Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. was muslim not Saudi its time to take it back! Insh'Allah

Seeker_of_truth
11-02-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
the fact there is a "royal" family in the very country Allah swt chose to reveal His Quran where the beloved Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa salam lived and preached...isn't that an indication itself of the hyprocrisy?

the "queen" doesnt even wear a hijab.
That's nothing compared to the filth that takes place in there palace. That family deals with drugs, they have prostitutes, they drink. The royal family is considered above the Saudi law.

Seeker_of_truth
11-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Assalamalykum

Even though I said all of that. I believe as long as you live yourself and be cautious its not bad its a normal life. I mean you will not experince this often I do not want to scare you away from going to saudi and be the cause. I think if you want to go you should the government is bad but as long as you dont do anything illegal you are good.

Tania
11-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Why are you not trying to investigate an agency :? They will help you to get the job. We had too offers from emirates but they gave so little wage than they could not find people here. Be careful to negotiate your wage and other conditions.
I would never go there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.