/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to leave the forum :(

kh@led
11-02-2007, 06:05 AM
:salamext:

I joined this forum just a few weeks back to learn more about my religion Islam http://www.islamicboard.com/introduc...-lot-here.html.

However, it seems that this place is not waht I was looking for! This place seems just like a reference board where the main task is to cite references from other islamic websites and copy-paste things. It DOESN'T seem to encourage proper,logical discussion on any issue but to blindly follow what some scholars(!) gave fatwa on other sites and the mods here (mostly) seem to acknowledge those as the final words! Personally, I do not agree to this and instead of following any imams lecture/fatwa blindly, I like to at least try to think about their explanations on any issue. Because Allah (swt) has given us brains and he has told us to seek knowlegde and I strongly believe that in islam, there is nothing illogical. Therefore, any explanantion on any issue has to be consistant, rational or logical. Also, if the words of any islamic scholar or imams are absolutely right then there wouldn't have been so many differences in their opinions! Every scholars opinion would have been unanimous!!! Yesterday, one of my posts was deleted (taking picture) although I didn't claim that I was absolutely right but only expressed my personal view logically on that specific issue. On one hand, I see posts like *thread approved* ! on the other hand, completely innocent, nonoffensive posts get deleted! I guess this thread will also be deleted but I had to express myself to lighten my heart as I am extremely sad right now to leave this forum :cry:

Anyway, to err is human. May Allah (swt) forgive us for our mistakes and lead us to the correct path. Good bye :cry:

Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2007, 06:31 AM
:sl:
well, no offence, but i think you are being a little ignorant. not everyone can become a scholar, not everyone has the capacity to be one, or the paitence for that matter. therefore it is necessary that we trust the scholars in the decisions they make, and not concern ourselves too much with the evidences presented. otherwise, why appoint schalors if you qn everything they say. trust me, we'll go crazy. please note, im not trying to discourage you from seeking knowledge.

it DOESN'T seem to encourage proper,logical discussion on any issue but to blindly follow what some scholars(!) gave fatwa on other sites
how can we discuss something without being armed with the proper knowledge. we are not scholars here. it just a medium to seek and pass knowledge.
im sorry, i dont mean to come across as rude.

Umu 'Isa
11-02-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way.

On this forum we try to encourage people to seek knowledge from the sources rather than learning and speaking from our own opinions..

Speaking out our own opinions can be rather dangerous especially if you do not have the sufficient knowledge to do so. That is why often a person's post might be deleted because they are sharing what they think is halal/haram.. without quoting from the qur'an/sunnah or from the scholars (who do have sufficient knowledge).. It can be misleading especially for those who are just getting into the deen.

Allaah did give us a brain thats why we must look at each opinion for ourselves and see the proof given from authentic sources.. Speaking from our own whims and desires is not using our brain that Allaah (swt) has blessed us with..

:w:

Silver Pearl
11-02-2007, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah

Allaah did give us a brain thats why we must look at each opinion for ourselves and see the proof given from authentic sources..

:wasalamex

I think that can be misinterpreted. It is not in our hands as laymen to look at each opinion and see the proof given to conclude which one is authentic. If everyone could do that we would be scholars. We ask a scholar a verdict (we may ask the reasoning to it if we wish) and we abide by it. The laymen has no authority to question matters of the shari'ah based on uncle google search button and few Islamic websites as a form of referencing. Just wanted to clear that up before we have a rise of self-qualified ulamah :).

Kh@led, I hope your stay was pleasant at least and that Allaah grants you prosperity in this world and the next. You're always welcome to return if you wish.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
11-02-2007, 07:52 AM

i know what u mean.i know what u mean.i know what u mean.

but....dw ur not alone in ur thoughts..i know theyre not as bad as they sound. theres actually a whole bunch a ppl who feel the same way.many of which are no longer around.

may u find somewhere where ur heart is content.may u find what u are looking for inshallah.

peace and good will to u bro.

May Allah always walk before u.

Intisar
11-02-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
:wasalamex

I think that can be misinterpreted. It is not in our hands as laymen to look at each opinion and see the proof given to conclude which one is authentic. If everyone could do that we would be scholars. We ask a scholar a verdict (we may ask the reasoning to it if we wish) and we abide by it. The laymen has no authority to question matters of the shari'ah based on uncle google search button and few Islamic websites as a form of referencing. Just wanted to clear that up before we have a rise of self-qualified ulamah :).

Kh@led, I hope your stay was pleasant at least and that Allaah grants you prosperity in this world and the next. You're always welcome to return if you wish.
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah
I'm sorry you feel that way.

On this forum we try to encourage people to seek knowledge from the sources rather than learning and speaking from our own opinions..

Speaking out our own opinions can be rather dangerous especially if you do not have the sufficient knowledge to do so. That is why often a person's post might be deleted because they are sharing what they think is halal/haram.. without quoting from the qur'an/sunnah or from the scholars (who do have sufficient knowledge).. It can be misleading especially for those who are just getting into the deen.

Allaah did give us a brain thats why we must look at each opinion for ourselves and see the proof given from authentic sources.. Speaking from our own whims and desires is not using our brain that Allaah (swt) has blessed us with..

:sl: They both said it all, masha'Allah.

Though brother Khaled, you are acting a little haste. Like Rahmah and Silver Pearl said, this place is mainly for dawah and spreading knowledge and by giving your own opinions on matters that you have no knowledge of, or saying 'I think' can have it's drastic consequences. There are many (new) Muslims on here just trying to understand and surround themselves with more knowledge of the deen, and by saying things like that then it defeats the purpose no? Perhaps if you started fruitful discussions that the Ummah on LI can participate in, then you wouldn't feel so compelled to leave. I'm pretty sure of that. I love this forum, and I don't understand how anyone can leave such a wondeful forum for Muslims from the world over. But, alas, it is your choice to do what you wish. Inshaa'Allah, though, I hope you come back. :)

chacha_jalebi
11-02-2007, 07:52 PM
if you want to learn bro the internet is not the best place lol!!

you should join up a madrassah or summin :D

just use it for like increasing knowledge not as the only source

i agree with what your saying no one should blindly follow nothing

personally i think that its best to get the advice of the best scholars and if its in your understanding then accept if its not then dont accept it lol

im not like downplayin the importance of scholars, mashallah without them it would be proper hard. but sometimes people do forget that a scholar is just a scholar, their not a Prophet, they are just scholars :D

nebula
11-02-2007, 08:01 PM
he'll be back :P

chacha_jalebi
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
he'll be back :P
lol you making him sound like terminator:p

on a serious note :D

i think just highlighting the problem and leaving wont help bro, you have told the people about the problem and stick round innit to see what changes happen

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
:salamext:

this is the interent ...you're not always going to like what you see and either are people always going to like what you post and say, especially on this forum...if people don't like it...it's going to get deleted...you gotta expect that.

If you want to learn pure Islam and engage in debate..I suggest you either start a brothers circle where you can meet and discuss Insha'Allah or start a course, if you feel this forum isnt good enough for your Imaan then I'd suggest you leave...coz its not about being good for LI, its about being good for your Imaan...if sumthin is bad for ya...you chuck it in the bin :D lol Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.