/* */

PDA

View Full Version : something i just learnt...

niler
11-02-2007, 12:06 PM
assalamu aleykum
am hearing this 4d first time, bibles r not allowed in saudia? in wat sense? i mean selling, reading, buying or...?
is construction of churches also not allowed?

shukran
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Thread Approved

jouju
11-04-2007, 05:20 AM
sorry sis but i dint know about that too!!

Could someone pls clarify?

Shukran

Woodrow
11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Unless things have changed, back in the 1960s I was in Saudi. I was not a revert at that time and was Christian. I was permitted to bring a Bible into saudi for personal use, but I was not permitted to bring in any quantity of them for distribution to others.

As far as Churches, Christians were permitted to have places of worship provided it was for Christians only and that it was not labeled as a church etc.

But, that was a long time ago, the conditions may be different today.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KAding
11-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I think all Saudi citizens also need to be Muslim by law. You can't be a citizen and not be Muslim. And obviously preaching Christianity is forbidden.

niler
11-04-2007, 09:19 PM
shukran.
any 1 with recent facts?

niler
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
but i remember Rasul said non muslims will not step into makka after the conquest.does it apply 2d whole saudi kingdom?

جوري
11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
my lebanese neighbor in saudi arabia had a bible and santa clause out on his table for xmas. that was a number of yrs ago, so quite recent.
As for being a Muslim citizen, let's just say, even bright Muslims from other countries weren't allowed into their top universities. So if you wanted to attend medical school and had the grades, you went back to your own country or found another country like U.A.E or kuwait or whomever was willing to give you a break!
They give only the best to their citizens.
It is their country and they should be allowed to make the laws they want.
These are secular laws and not Islamic laws.. anyone can make the laws they want and pass them when in power, who is going to stop them?

cheers!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.