PDA

View Full Version : My life as a Muslimah



☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-18-2005, 08:13 PM
:sl:
My life as a Muslimah (17 yrs old)

First and foremost I must say without any hesitation that I’m a Muslimah since birth, Alhamdulillah. I was born and raised in a very strict and Islamic home. Growing up in such environment I find no difficulties in practicing my Deen. I with my own desire and encouragement from my parents started to wear Hijab when I was about seven (7) years. At that time I was only attending my primary school and at the age of eleven (11) I wrote my exams to enter into the secondary level. With the help of Allah and the good advising words from my parents and brothers, I did NOT attend secondary school. Many people including my relatives do not appreciate this, as I am the only girl in the entire family who is deprived of her education, as they say. Never the less my parents were very well sure and understood their decision. Wallahi, being so young I obeyed my parents even though I didn’t knew much what it was all about. One of the main reasons why I didn’t attend secondary school was because of free mixing between males and females. I must be proud to say today that I NEVER regret the pathway of seeking knowledge which was chosen for me. Likewise with a few kind words I would like to encourage each and every parent to think wise and make proper decisions, especially when it comes to the upbringing of their girls. It might be quite difficult for many to make such decision in this MODERN time, but it’s worth it with no regret whatsoever.
I will give you numerous reasons and advise for saying so in an Islamic point of view, as I wasn’t deprived from seeking the knowledge of my Deen. Many people must’ve surely heard of a word called *MODESTY*, well in Islam it’s known as *Haya*. There is a very short and beautiful Hadith concerning Haya in which the Prophet (sas) said: ‘’MODESTY brings nothing but GOOD.’’ The proof for faith and the guide for all mankind are to attain goodness and guidance; as such qualities are highly being respected in an Islamic society. Modesty is also a branch of Faith and a man who has no modesty really has no Faith. On the other hand, modesty prevents a man from doing anything disgraceful. It is a great virtue! The Prophet (sas) said: ‘’ Verily, every religion has a nature and the nature of Islam is MODESTY.’’ It was narrated on the authority of Qurrah Bin Iyas (ra) that he said: ‘’We were with the Prophet (sas) when he mentioned Al Haya.’’ The companions said, ‘O Messenger of Allah (sas) is modesty apart of Religion?’ The Prophet (sas) replied: ‘’Rather it is the whole religion.’’ From those Hadith it states clearly how important it is to have modesty in general for both men and women. Even though many says that Islam oppress women, I must say personally that Islam liberates me from being oppressed by the worldly act as of being tempted by the vulgarity of most women of today, especially in the West. Being a Muslimah who strives in the path of Allah (swt) and lives in the west, I am compelled to address few more things in accordance to the Qur’aan & Sunnah as well as the life I live. I have noticed women traveling by themselves. This is NOT permissible in Islam as the Prophet (sas) forbade women to travel alone without a Mahram. It’s recorded that the Prophet (sas) said: ‘’It is NOT permitted for a woman who believes in Allah (swt) and the Last Day to travel the walking distance of three days without a Mahram.’’(Sahih Muslim, 9/103, Kitab Al Hajj, Bab Safar Al Mar’ah ma’a Mahram)
A true Muslimah is one who adheres to the teachings of Islam and bears with patience any difficulties that maybe involved in obeying Allah (swt). Such Muslimah is filled with hope and will ultimately be successful and victorious, as the Qur’aan states: ‘’By (The Token of) Time (through the ages) Verily, man is in a loss, Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy’’ (Qur’aan 103:1-3)
A great virtue of being a Muslimah is to always be keen in doing good and hastens to do it. The Prophet (sas) said: If a woman prays regularly five times a day, fast the month of Ramadan, guards her chastity and obeys her husband, it will be said to her ‘’Enter Paradise from whichever gate you wish.’’ (Narrated by Ibn Hibban). Be aware that when it comes to practicing Islam and being an ideal Muslimah, who is highly respected in the Islamic society doesn’t mean that you should have the title of being a Doctor or a Judge, as every human being will be answerable to Allah (swt) on the Day of Reckoning, note that having such qualifications will be of no use.
O people! Iman is not acquired by wishing and hoping. Rather Iman is that which resides in the heart and is implemented by actions. ‘’Allah is not such that anything in the Heavens or in the Earth escapes Him. Verily, He is All Knowing, All Omnipotent.’’ (Qur’aan 35:44)
:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
09-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Wo ho, my eyes are gone... :p

Anyway, very interesting stuff, regarding your Hadeeth on Modesty, I think you should quote from where you got it from. Secondly, not all schools are mixed, in fact, there are even some Islamic schools which are girls only...

:)
Reply

Zuko
09-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by TEH
Wo ho, my eyes are gone... :p

Anyway, very interesting stuff, regarding your Hadeeth on Modesty, I think you should quote from where you got it from. Secondly, not all schools are mixed, in fact, there are even some Islamic schools which are girls only...

:)
True... Great post, masha'allah, but I don't think that means that girls should not be going to school... I have been going to an islamic school surrounded by weird people, most of whom talk to the opposite gender but I have never had a boyfriend, nor talked to one... I know my duties as a muslim, and I try my best to fulfill them but I usually fall short... True, I don't have to be a doctor to be respected, but the reason why I'm going to school is so I have something to teach my kids (if I have any) and also, because I don't want to sit at home, doing nothing, while I waste my husband's money... I like to earn what I get... The fact that you didn't go to secondary school because of the free-mixing is a great act in my point of view because it shows how much you fear doing haraam stuff... But I know I'll try my best not to fall into anything haraam insha'allah...:)
Reply

Protected_Diamond
09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
:sl: masha Allah beautiful post..I didnt know us women are not allowed to go out without a mehram...i'll try my best to do what i can do and the rest is up2 Allah s.w.a...insha Allah we will all follow your footsteps and become true muslims :coolsis:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh..Ya Ukhti...where i'm living there isn't much islamic schools especially at the time when i'm supposed to be attending secondary school (there was actually NONE)..anyway as i mentioned...i wasn't deprived from being educated..as i even attended various computer classes with my 2 elder brothers..after which i studied further at home, Alhamdulillah.. recently i was given the oppurtunity from my parents to attend a private school, but it didn't facinate me much, as i love studying my DEEN more than any other thing, i find more interest & self content studying it..sorry that i didn't mentioned this innit..u have a nice time & be careful as fitnah is wide-spread...May Allah increase us all in Knowledge & faith..& May He (swt) guide us on the path which is MOST pleasing to Him...Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
True... Great post, masha'allah, but I don't think that means that girls should not be going to school... I have been going to an islamic school surrounded by weird people, most of whom talk to the opposite gender but I have never had a boyfriend, nor talked to one... I know my duties as a muslim, and I try my best to fulfill them but I usually fall short... True, I don't have to be a doctor to be respected, but the reason why I'm going to school is so I have something to teach my kids (if I have any) and also, because I don't want to sit at home, doing nothing, while I waste my husband's money... I like to earn what I get... The fact that you didn't go to secondary school because of the free-mixing is a great act in my point of view because it shows how much you fear doing haraam stuff... But I know I'll try my best not to fall into anything haraam insha'allah...:)
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh... Ya Ukhti..in my country there are not much private schools (islamic) & none was established at the time when im supposed to attend secondary school..but as i mentioned i wasn't deprived from seeking knowledge..one can seek enough knowledge at home! but it's up to oneself to choose what he/she desires...May Allah guide us to the path most pleasing to Him & May He (swt) protect us from the evil doers..Allahummah Aameen!
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by TEH
Wo ho, my eyes are gone... :p

Anyway, very interesting stuff, regarding your Hadeeth on Modesty, I think you should quote from where you got it from. Secondly, not all schools are mixed, in fact, there are even some Islamic schools which are girls only...

:)
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh...Subhan'Allah..Akhi i brought back your eyes *smile*..Concerning the Hadith, I've been studying a book called ''THE IDEAL MUSLIMAH'' which was published by ''IIPH'' it's a very beautiful book & I've got the Hadith from there! All the Hadith in the book are SAHIH..Alhamdulillah
Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh...Ukhti *baby girl*..i'm happy that you found something to be beneficial from what i wrote.. I pray that all of us be guided & be Ideal Muslimahs, Insha'Allah..Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

Z
09-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Thank you for posting that.
Reply

TEH
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mujaheedah
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh...Subhan'Allah..Akhi i brought back your eyes *smile*..Concerning the Hadith, I've been studying a book called ''THE IDEAL MUSLIMAH'' which was published by ''IIPH'' it's a very beautiful book & I've got the Hadith from there! All the Hadith in the book are SAHIH..Alhamdulillah
Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Fantastic, I have that book, no silly billys, my mum has it, :p , have you got a page number for me???

:D
Reply

libyanhero
09-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
True... Great post, masha'allah, but I don't think that means that girls should not be going to school... I have been going to an islamic school surrounded by weird people, most of whom talk to the opposite gender but I have never had a boyfriend, nor talked to one... I know my duties as a muslim, and I try my best to fulfill them but I usually fall short... True, I don't have to be a doctor to be respected, but the reason why I'm going to school is so I have something to teach my kids (if I have any) and also, because I don't want to sit at home, doing nothing, while I waste my husband's money... I like to earn what I get... The fact that you didn't go to secondary school because of the free-mixing is a great act in my point of view because it shows how much you fear doing haraam stuff... But I know I'll try my best not to fall into anything haraam insha'allah...:)
Well my experiences were different in secondary school, wallahi I could of had a girlfriend but wallahi wallahi the words I say sometimes you can just feel there is something helping saying it, it is as if Allah is guiding you through...Subhannallah

Mashallah sister Mujaheedah not going to secondary school was a wise thing to do even though u never gotta an education in school, u gotta an education in Islam and I am sure ur even brighter and wiser than those people who go to school themselves, today these days we thrive in the big things, money need lots of it, house, cars some muslims even bought thier houses with interest and it makes your life more complicated, the prophet (saws) used to like the simple things in life easy not confusing but these days we confuse everything and we are not even close to being generous as they were in the prophet's time.
Reply

ummbilal
09-28-2005, 06:54 PM
salaam alakum sister Mujaheedah

very intersting post, you know many muslim families are choosing to home educate thier children now both male and female, we do it too.

re travelling, i thought it was a muslimah could not travel over night without a mahrem and this was to protect a muslimah, however short journeys are ok, have you got your source?
Reply

Z
09-28-2005, 06:56 PM
One thing I'd like to discuss here if I may.

Libyan, are you trying to say there's something wrong with having big cars and big houses?
Reply

ummbilal
09-28-2005, 06:57 PM
[

am sure ur even brighter and wiser than those people who go to school themselves,

I agree, most of the home educated adults are more intouch with islam and dont have peer pressure and other fitnah of schools, as well as the national curriculum and rubbish teachers etc..

ps i know some islamic schools are excellent but they are few and far between.
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by 350z
Thank you for posting that.
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

You're welcome 350z, hope it's interesting for you Insha'Allah.

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by libyanhero
Well my experiences were different in secondary school, wallahi I could of had a girlfriend but wallahi wallahi the words I say sometimes you can just feel there is something helping saying it, it is as if Allah is guiding you through...Subhannallah

Mashallah sister Mujaheedah not going to secondary school was a wise thing to do even though u never gotta an education in school, u gotta an education in Islam and I am sure ur even brighter and wiser than those people who go to school themselves, today these days we thrive in the big things, money need lots of it, house, cars some muslims even bought thier houses with interest and it makes your life more complicated, the prophet (saws) used to like the simple things in life easy not confusing but these days we confuse everything and we are not even close to being generous as they were in the prophet's time.
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Akhi, that's so true...today you find most wealthy people deviating from their Deen, many of them don't even have little knowledge about it, living a life for the sake of Allah is much more dersirous for me & i hope it'll be for other Muslims Insha'Allah!

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

Z
09-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I most certainly found it interesting.

I'd like to say, why is it we see the rich people who deviate? I know many poor ones who do the same. They give up, hope of Allah ever giving them a better life, which is why we see corruption and murder in lots of the poor nations on earth though they are Muslims who live there and run it all.
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by ummbilal
[

am sure ur even brighter and wiser than those people who go to school themselves,

I agree, most of the home educated adults are more intouch with islam and dont have peer pressure and other fitnah of schools, as well as the national curriculum and rubbish teachers etc..

ps i know some islamic schools are excellent but they are few and far between.
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Ukhti..i thank Allah for the knowledge i'm being blessed with *ALHAMDULILLAH*..i don't like to boost about myself, but i must say that many muslimahs who attends secondary schools here have b.fs & some even had relationship with them Subhan'Allah, this is indeed FORBIDDEN in Islam! Wallahu 'Alim.
I find it much better to be at home & i know from my heart that i'm more secure & safe.

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by 350z
I most certainly found it interesting.

I'd like to say, why is it we see the rich people who deviate? I know many poor ones who do the same. They give up, hope of Allah ever giving them a better life, which is why we see corruption and murder in lots of the poor nations on earth though they are Muslims who live there and run it all.
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I know both rich & poor deviates from Islam, but it's much easier to mention about the RICH ones, Allah has blessed them tremendously yet they're not thankful, instead they're just neglectful!

May Allah guide us all & increase us in the knowledge of His Deen!

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

Z
09-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Easier? You are being biased. Very.

You do know the poor ones are also very blessed? Imagine being able to go into Jannah 500 years before those beef eating, Benz driving fat blokes. Just imagine. How great a blessing is that?

For just a few years of suffering on this earth which isn't going to last long anyway, you end up being better off than those rich guys.
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by 350z
Easier? You are being biased. Very.

You do know the poor ones are also very blessed? Imagine being able to go into Jannah 500 years before those beef eating, Benz driving fat blokes. Just imagine. How great a blessing is that?

For just a few years of suffering on this earth which isn't going to last long anyway, you end up being better off than those rich guys.
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Ya Akhi..what i meant by saying about *the rich ones* is that, if they deviate from Islam, they surely forget their obligations as muslim, as of giving Zakat to the POOR! What's more beautiful than gaining Allah's pleasure in the Hereafter? & no doubt ofcourse the poor ppl should know the purpose of this life, which is to worship Allah alone & hold fast to their Deen (Islam).. I'm sorry if i've offended you or any1 else.. May Allah forgive me for my errors..Aameen!

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by TEH
Fantastic, I have that book, no silly billys, my mum has it, :p , have you got a page number for me???

:D
[B]Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Akhi, there is about modesty on pg-279, i also have another book published by ''IIPH'' which is called ''SELECTED FRIDAY SERMONS''..even though im a sis. i do find it interesting to study this book as well..if u can get hold of this one it'll be quite beneficial for you Insha'Allah!

Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
Reply

Cabdullahi
12-29-2009, 10:52 AM
the best intro in LI history
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
^:hmm::hiding:

Not gonna take that from you!!

Plz dont reply to it!!

Let it go down the list!!


:hiding::hiding:
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Aslaam'alaikum Sister,

Very good read.

Obviously it worked very well for you Alhumdulillah but on many occasions the same thing can have the opposite effect on the person. I don't know if the same method could help or be beneficial for everyone the way to was for you.
Reply

Misz_Muslimah
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Very interesting mashallah :)
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing ..
Reply

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
^Aameen Waiyaaki Habibti:wub:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 04:08 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 07:09 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!