/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me !!

-xRafeenax-
11-02-2007, 10:22 PM
:-\ salam

im suddenly very confused with something my family were discussing.They said that a muslim lady(whos a born muslim) cannot marry a convert to islam
but why? Is this true? can someone please help me please provide me with evidence.^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -xRafeenax-
:-\ salam

im suddenly very confused with something my family were discussing.They said that a muslim lady(whos a born muslim) cannot marry a convert to islam
but why? Is this true? can someone please help me please provide me with evidence.^o)
:salamext: why not? why don't you ask THEM for evidence...being a revert Muslim doesnt make you any less of a Muslim then somebody who was born into islam, I dont see the problem with marrying a revert...

alcurad
11-02-2007, 10:26 PM
absolutely wrong,there is nothing against a muslim women marrying a muslim man.
where did they get this ridiculous notion???

*~Sofia~*
11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
salam sis,

There's nothing wrong with marryin a revert.. I don't see any problems with it.

I think that most reverts are so much more pious than born muslims.. don't you think? they have so much iman mashallah and they seem so much stronger.. (just my view anyway).

How cums ur family said it's wrong? i don't get it :hmm:

w'salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Allah says in his holy book:
"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in peace and tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): Verily in that are signs for those who reflect" (Quran 30:21).

"O Humans revere your Guardian Lord, Who created you from a single person created of like nature its mate, and from this scattered (like seeds) countless men and women. Reverence Allah through Whom you claim your mutual rights" (Quran 4:1).

doesn't really matter what others say if it contradicts his words-or those of his prophet(s)

-xRafeenax-
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
salam
thats exactly how i feel about it,to be honest i think its just old tradional saying nothing that is a proven fact,but you kno families they never give up i would really like some evidence to show them and back me up on this

-xRafeenax-
11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
i seriously dont know what to say to my family and i feel that i havent got any support to help me.whats they said is quite upsetting for me and i hope they would understand

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -xRafeenax-
i seriously dont know what to say to my family and i feel that i havent got any support to help me.whats they said is quite upsetting for me and i hope they would understand

But they cant support their claims either can they??

-Elle-
11-02-2007, 10:37 PM
How could this be true if each human being is born a muslim?They could be raised as christians,boudhists,etc...but they revert back to islam,which makes them as much of a muslim as any person born and raised in a muslim family.

Im sorry but this is absolutly ridiculous and I don't understand where this unreasonable misconception came from.

Even logically,this doesn't make any sense,I mean,Allah(SWT) is the most Just,so why would god make such an unfair rule for those who converted to Islam?Why would there be a division between converts and Muslims born into a muslim family?Why would converts only be allowed to marry converts?Aren't all muslims considered brothers and sisters?See,no logic there.

People who are born and raised in Islam are in no way "superior",let alone more religious(that is an absolutly false/enraging statement) then those who converted to Islam.I know converts who are more religious then people who were raised in muslim families.(I don't mean everyone,of course sometimes it can be reversed).

How could that be?Well,simply because those who converted to islam had to search for it,when they finally found it,they were so grateful and they knew it's importance.Some people(im not saying all,hey,im born in a muslim family,) who have muslim parents don't always understand why they are muslims...what I mean is they don't really look into their religion and take the time to understand/learn it,while a convert researches and compares religions before choosing the right one(some born-muslims do that to,of course.)

Anyway,Im sorry I can't provide you with sources,im sure another user will be able to back me up on this.

:w:

-xRafeenax-
11-02-2007, 10:40 PM
jazakallah khair sister i am totally agreeing with you and yeah it sounds very stupid but what am i supposed to do to help them understand i dont want to come across as rude to them.But clearly they are wrong!

-xRafeenax-
11-02-2007, 10:47 PM
imsad:embarrass:'(:cry:

-xRafeenax-
11-02-2007, 10:50 PM
sorry brother could you explain?

-Elle-
11-02-2007, 10:57 PM
hmm..well sis,I suggest you defend your point by stating that we are all born muslims and ask them the same questions I had in my previous post.

Show them,with examples,that their statement has no logic whatsoever,that in Islam,there IS no divison between converts and muslim-borns,and that they should stop creating bi'dah.

Show them this,:

In Islam, bid‘ah (Arabic: بدعة) is any type of innovation. Though innovations in worldly matters are acceptable to an extent, innovation within the religion is seen as a sin in Islam, as Muhammad(SAW) stated as such:

“Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” [1] [2] In addition, the Qur'an (which Muslims believe is the word of God) states:

" ..This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion."[3]
and

Bid'ah in Religious Matters

Religious innovation means inventing a new way of worshipping Allah that was not originally included in the message revealed to Muhammad(SAW). There is ample evidence in the Qur'an and Sunnah that bid'ah has never been tolerated in Sunni Islam The late Shaikh Muhammad Uthaimeen, a prominent modern day scholar of Islam, wrote: "And there is no such thing in Islaam as bid’ah hasanah (good innovation)." [8]
When a religious innovation is committed, it is generally felt that the innovator is assuming that the Sunnah is not good enough, that he must resort to something "better." Even though this statement would be an admission of disbelief [9] - there are some innovations that contain shirk and there are some which allow someone to remain a Muslim, while his action is rejected (regardless of any sincerity it might have had)[10].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bid%27ah

This is exactly what their doing and it's wrong.

I believe that no where in the qu'ran has Allah(SWT) stated this,please ask them to prove me wrong.This is a pretty serious thing to claim,to im sure it's written somewhere,right?

Also,as the other users have suggested,please ask them to prove it to you;if they feel it unproper for a muslim woman born into a muslim family to marry a convert,then that is their mentality,but if they start claiming that it's haram(wrong,)that's where they have to start explaining themselves.

Hope this helps,

:w:

-xRafeenax-
11-03-2007, 12:26 PM
:D jazakallah khiar
thankyou soo much for all your support i actually proved to them that what they were saying is ridculous .I asked a man who has studied the quran infront of my family and proved to them i was right.
YEY. I think next time they will take my view in consideration before they rule things out.;D:giggling:

malhidar
11-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Do you want to marry someone like this and they refuse to accept that?

If this is the case I think the issue with your family isn't that they believe that a born Muslim cannot marry a revert Muslim.

I think they are afraid that the Man just converted to Islam just to marry a specific woman and they afraid he is not a really Muslim and he in actuality Non-Muslim.

If the discussion is just for knowledge, this is really strange and they should prove what they are saying, which they cannot, since the "assumption" that any Muslim man can marry any Muslim woman regardless that he is a born Muslim or a revert Muslim. No doubt that no difference in marriage between "born" Muslim or "revert" Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!