/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mathematical proof that life = nothing

ivegoturnumber
11-03-2007, 01:07 AM
OK, youre probably guessin that I enjoy Maths - I DO

But me thinks anyone can understand this......

Let me ask you a Question: How long are you ganna live?

Let make it an even Hundred.

OK

READ THIS AS COLUMNS

( dashs are blank space)

Lets say that the NEXT life is------------------That makes this life compared to the next-Percentages
1000 years------------------------------------100 divided by 1000----= 10%
-------------------------------------------------i.e. this life = 10% in contrast with next

What if next life is 10000 years---------------Then this divided by next is 100/10000 = 1%

What if next life is 100,000 years------------Then this divided by next is 100/100,000 = 0.1%
-----------------------------------------------i.e. this life = 0.1% in contrast with next

What if next life is 1,000,000 years---------Then this divided by next is 100/100,000 = 0.01%
---------------------------------------------i.e. this life = 0.01% in contrast with next

What if next life is 10,000,000 years--------Then this divided by next is 100/100,000 = 0.001%
--------------------------------------------- i.e. this life = 0.001% in contrast with next

What if next life is 100,000,000 years-------Then this divided by next is 100/100,000 = 0.0001%
----------------------------------------------i.e. this life = 1% in contrast with next

after that-------------------------------------------0.00001%
after that-------------------------------------------0.000001%
after that-------------------------------------------0.0000001%
after that-------------------------------------------0.00000001%
after that-------------------------------------------0.000000001%
after that-------------------------------------------0.0000000001%

BUT we know tht next life is 1000000000000000...never ending zeros

SO 100 divided by 1000000000000000...never ending zeros-- is = 0.00000000 never ending zeros
-------------------------------------------------------------=ZERO

So in conclusion this life compared to the NEXT is NOTHING

Isn't that what the prophet(saw) indicated????

THEN why do we work so hard for this life and neglect the next

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
11-03-2007, 02:43 AM
You hit upon a question of utmost importance, yet we really don't comprehend the enormity of your very straightforward point. Why do we chase after illusions of this life (wealth, fame, pleasure, etc) and deny the reality of our eternal existence?

sevgi
11-03-2007, 02:55 AM
:sl:

pretty intresting...good point...

i like ur approach.

Jazakallah khayr for sharing

:w:

MadeenJibreel
11-03-2007, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ivegoturnumber

THEN why do we work so hard for this life and neglect the next
Good point, but your conclusion is wrong (speaking in language of math), you can't compare this life with the next using mathematical terms, as actual infinity in this world doesn't exist. :sunny:

PS I hope you have good teeth bro, coz your perception of time for this world might change next time you visit a dentist!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
guyabano
11-03-2007, 08:11 AM
There is a lot of mathematical nonsense. A classic example is 'When you stand in front of a door, mathematically, you will never reach this door, even though just 2 steps infront'.

Why ?

Simply: Take the way in front of you: let's say 2 Meters to reach the door. Now, divide it by 2. You get 1 m. Then, again by 2...by 2... etc.
Finally, you will never really get zero, so, mathematically seen, you will never reach this door ! :heated:

Ebtisweetsam
11-03-2007, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
There is a lot of mathematical nonsense. A classic example is 'When you stand in front of a door, mathematically, you will never reach this door, even though just 2 steps infront'.

Why ?

Simply: Take the way in front of you: let's say 2 Meters to reach the door. Now, divide it by 2. You get 1 m. Then, again by 2...by 2... etc.
Finally, you will never really get zero, so, mathematically seen, you will never reach this door ! :heated:
See this is the reason why i hated maths in school:confused::D

MadeenJibreel
11-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Why ?

That's a wrong assumption: you're saying a walker is forwarding to the door with steps where every step is "half of the previous step", so 1st step is 1m, the 2nd one 1/2m, 3rd 1/4m, etc.

But I say a walker will reach the door, say, with 2 steps, with EACH STEP BEING THE SAME LENGTH: 1m

PS But you didn't say "why the steps have to be divided by 2".

MustafaMc
11-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Why ?

As Br. MadeenJibrael pointed out this is a logical fallacy. If there is a distance of 2m to the door, then each step towards it SUBTRACTS from that distance. A distance of 2m can be closed by 4 steps of only 0.5m (~19inches).

MustafaMc
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MadeenJibreel
Good point, but your conclusion is wrong (speaking in language of math), you can't compare this life with the next using mathematical terms, as actual infinity in this world doesn't exist. :sunny:
I have been intrigued by Buzz Lightyear's famous Toy Story quote, "To infinity - and beyond." I also like "For eternity plus a day.":okay:

MadeenJibreel
11-03-2007, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I have been intrigued by Buzz Lightyear's famous Toy Story quote, "To infinity - and beyond." I also like "For eternity plus a day.":okay:
he he i like that thing "... and BEYOND"

The Ruler
11-03-2007, 03:09 PM
:sl:

Mathematical proof that life = nothing
There's a difference between the two above statements. If this "life = nothing", then it would be pointless nah? But it isn't, cause we have to strive in this life to reach success in the hereafter.

And there's a mathematical error too. No matter how may zeros there are, there's always going to be a '1' in the end. So you cannot say that 100/1000... = 0, zilch, nothing.

Why do we chase after illusions of this life (wealth, fame, pleasure, etc) and deny the reality of our eternal existence?
That's a point, but I disagree with the illusions bit. I say they're quite solid and are touchable. Illusions tend to disappear at the blink of an eye or after a good rest.

MustafaMc
11-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Quran 57:20-21 You should know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, a show and boasting among yourselves, a quest for greater riches and more children. Its similitude is that of vegetation that flourish after rain: the growth of which delights the tillers, then it withers and you see it turn yellow, soon it becomes dry and crumbles away. In the hereafter there will be either severe punishment or forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure. The life of this world is nothing but an illusion. Therefore, hastenly strive for the forgiveness of your Rabb and for the paradise which is as vast as the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Rasools. Such is the grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases, and Allah is the Owner of mighty grace.

MustafaMc
11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ivegoturnumber
SO 100 divided by 1000000000000000...never ending zeros-- is = 0.00000000 never ending zeros
-------------------------------------------------------------=ZERO

Relatively speaking you are correct as a penny ($0.01) is compared the GDP of USA $13.13 trillion ($13,130,000,000,000); however, this life is not nothing - in fact it is of paramount importance. How we spend this life determines where we spend the afterlife.
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian
There's a difference between the two above statements. If this "life = nothing", then it would be pointless nah? But it isn't, cause we have to strive in this life to reach success in the hereafter.

And there's a mathematical error too. No matter how may zeros there are, there's always going to be a '1' in the end. So you cannot say that 100/1000... = 0, zilch, nothing.
Yes, I agree with you even a molecule of oxygen has mass although it is too small for us to imagine - it is still not zero.

That's a point, but I disagree with the illusions bit. I say they're quite solid and are touchable. Illusions tend to disappear at the blink of an eye or after a good rest.
Again you are correct in that this life is a reality, but relatively speaking in hindsight when we are in our place of eternal reward or punishment, I am sure that this life will seem but a distant dream.

Muslim hadith 1304 Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: One amongst the denizens of Hell who had led a life of ease and plenty amongst the people of the world would be made to dip in fire only once on the Day of Resurrection and then it would be said to him: O, son of Adam, did you find any comfort, did you happen to get any material blessing? He would say: By Allah, no, my Lord. And then that person from amongst the persons of the world be brought who had led the most miserable life (in the world) from amongst the inmates of Paradise and he would be made to dip once in Paradise and it would be said to him: O, son of Adam, did you face any hardship? Or had any distress fallen to your lot? And he would say: By Allah, no, O my Lord, never did I face any hardship or experience any distress.

The Ruler
11-04-2007, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Quran 57:20-21 You should know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, a show and boasting among yourselves, a quest for greater riches and more children. Its similitude is that of vegetation that flourish after rain: the growth of which delights the tillers, then it withers and you see it turn yellow, soon it becomes dry and crumbles away. In the hereafter there will be either severe punishment or forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure. The life of this world is nothing but an illusion. Therefore, hastenly strive for the forgiveness of your Rabb and for the paradise which is as vast as the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Rasools. Such is the grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases, and Allah is the Owner of mighty grace.
I took what you said in your first post as a literal statement.

ranma1/2
11-07-2007, 12:48 AM
i was confused by the next life bit.
Is this proof for those that believe in reincarnation?

Whatsthepoint
11-07-2007, 01:24 AM

Why ?

A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer were asked to review this mathematical problem. In a high school gym, all the girls in the class were lined up against one wall, and all the boys against the opposite wall. Then, every ten seconds, they walked toward each other until they were half the previous distance apart. The mathematician, physicist, and engineer were asked, " When will the girls and boys meet?"
The mathematician said, " Never."
The physicist said, " In an infinite amount of time."

The engineer said, " Well... in about two minutes, they'll be close enough for all practical purposes."

MustafaMc
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
i was confused by the next life bit.
Is this proof for those that believe in reincarnation?
The next life refers to our belief in a resurrection of our bodies from the dead after the end of time. No, this is not proof of reincarnation where our souls are reborn into another life form like a rat, dog, cow, etc. This is certainly not an Islamic belief.

Nablus
11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
its true

thanx alot

Rare Rose
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Thank u ^_^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.