/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Malaysia - du'as please!!!

Michael
11-03-2007, 03:53 AM
My wife has a ticket back to Kuala Lumpur for the 7th of November (next Wednesday). She wants me to come with her, and is prepared to pay for my ticket there. However, I do not want to stay with her parents because 1) they didn't approve of our marriage; 2) they are horrible and abusive to my wife and my sisters in law; and 3) I've got no guarantee that they'll let me stay there. A Malaysian friend of mine from the mosque is looking into finding me a place to stay, but this might be difficult: I want to stay in Malaysia permanantly and get a job there. While my mum's friend, who has been there a lot, said that I should be able to get a job after a while, if I go on Wednesday, I have no guarantee of a job and my wife probably won't be able to get one either. Plus we don't have anywhere to stay.

She really wants to go, and I cannot let her face her abusive parents alone. The Qur'an says that men are the protectors of women, so this is clear: I must protect her. I cannot let her stay in the madhouse that is her parent's house. Please make du'a that she will change her mind and let us go later, when I have gotten a job here and saved up enough money to go by ourselves. We don't want to be separated from each other, but she has inferred that she will go anyway and leave me here, even though she promised me that she wouldn't go without me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
11-03-2007, 11:44 AM
You can't say mad house because she grew up there and she became the woman what you can see due to her parents, in the first place. You can join her later in the trip (after you find the job).

Michael
11-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I have seen how her parents treat the children, and it's absolutely disgusting. We are not going to be separated, and we have agreed that if one goes, the other goes too.

Michael
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
My Malaysian friend told me tonight that I could stay at his house. So insha'Allah, we're going, but I'm really worried. I don't have much money and I don't know if I can find a job there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
11-03-2007, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
You can't say mad house because she grew up there and she became the woman what you can see due to her parents, in the first place. You can join her later in the trip (after you find the job).
i beg to differ..

i think it is totally valid to call the place a madhouse...

she came out beautiful alhamdulillah...but this isnt coz the house wasnt a madhouse.its coz Allah allowed her to learn from the wrongdoings of her parents...she learn backwards...

anyways...inshallah ur trip is sucessful.keep in mind that Allah is ur wifes protector before u...

peace.

syilla
11-04-2007, 08:56 AM
owh she is a malaysian?

But is she a muslim?

snakelegs
11-04-2007, 09:04 AM
michael, i thought you said she reverted to islam and then changed her mind?
:-\

جوري
11-05-2007, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
My Malaysian friend told me tonight that I could stay at his house. So insha'Allah, we're going, but I'm really worried. I don't have much money and I don't know if I can find a job there.
:sl: akhi
God will not leave you.. Just think of your travel as an adventure. I'll tell you a story of someone close to me who had a great job and lost it, because her boss was very abusive, and she had just had a baby and her husband wasn't very understanding of her debt, considering she went back to school and had to pay for it. She was really running out of cash, and things were so tight she couldn't sleep at night, the next day she took all the money she had left (pls don't do that) but I am just telling you what she did, and she said, oh Allah, I don't have money to even pay my bills, and you only know that, this money isn't a luxury, but I'll give it to someone who probably needs it even more than I do.

well honest truth to God, she got money that was due her in the sum of $3000 not two days later, which she used to pay some of her bills over several months until something became more clear to her, and just as the money ran out before she had a chance to think of her great debt, she got a job with good pay, even though it is per diem, but so her husband won't be mad at her for neglecting her home, since she can't bring herself to tell him she is indebt.

What is the moral of the story? Honestly, if you put full faith in God and just follow your heart and be on the right path, he WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. you really have to believe that, not just think, well yes in a methphysical sense, in the after life, in this or that.. no I mean even in a worldly sense he will take care of you. He will sustain you insha'Allah!

Give a small amount you can to charity before you go on your trip even if it be fifty cents to a donation box in a mosque and clear your heart, and smile, you are about to have an excellent adventure insha'Allah, so just fasten your seat belt, relax and great things shall await you insha'Allah

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.