/* */

PDA

View Full Version : tuition fee loan?

bint_muhammed
11-03-2007, 10:29 AM
are you allowed it because it has intrest on it, but the next question is how can you pay such a big amount of money to uni when you dont have the cash! i'm really confused, im half way through first semester and i feel like quitting because paying seems to be a big problem:confused::confused::confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
11-03-2007, 11:58 AM
:sl:
If you took out a student loan you'll only have to repay it once you start earning 15,000 in the UK atleast. Then it comes out of your account at a small rate, I think a hundred quid a month - it'd be best to check from your student loan company.

bint_muhammed
11-03-2007, 04:55 PM
i got a letter an it says that intrest on your tuition fee loan starts to accure when your first payment has been cleared through you uni bank account. intrest is charged daily from this date and is currently equivalent to an APR of 4.8%. what do you make of that?

aamirsaab
11-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Not really my area of expertise since I myself didn't take a loan out (I was fortunate enough to get a gov'ment grant and scholarship equating to £2300). I'd recommend you get into contact with your loan company though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
11-03-2007, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint_muhammed
i got a letter an it says that intrest on your tuition fee loan starts to accure when your first payment has been cleared through you uni bank account. intrest is charged daily from this date and is currently equivalent to an APR of 4.8%. what do you make of that?
hmm, I havnt heard that anywhere! I'm sure its only after your degree is over...the interest begins... :hmm: as thats when you HAVE to begin repaying

chacha_jalebi
11-03-2007, 05:05 PM
im sure your allowed a loan for education purposes

lol are you with the student loans company? they are fools lol they so annoyin :p

but sister im sure you only pay back once you start earning £15,000 and thats when the payback starts or contact the people themselfs they can clear it for you

Seeker_of_truth
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
im sure your allowed a loan for education purposes
Sure loan would be allowed but what about the interest on the loan? Interest is haram in Islam. I met few people who say if you live in Western country interest allowed. But as far as I am concerced interest is haram Quran and Hadeeth make that clear.

jouju
11-03-2007, 07:13 PM
well here they say if u have no option den its allowed

bint_muhammed
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
intrest is a major sin its clearly not allowed no matter how many excuses people make its best to keep away from it, i'll ask someone for a loan

Annie
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Salams
im in the same situation i took out a tuition fee loan but iv canceld it because of the intrest.I also phoned the student loan company up and they said intrest starts as soon as they make the first payment to university. However i know its really hard financially but why dont students pay they maintenance grant towards their tution fee loan and plus universitys also provide a one to one scholarships worth a thousand pounds.But i dont think students should take it out personally because inshallah allah will helps us out and plus it will have barakt .
wasalam

aamirsaab
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Annie
Salams
im in the same situation i took out a tuition fee loan but iv canceld it because of the intrest.I also phoned the student loan company up and they said intrest starts as soon as they make the first payment to university. However i know its really hard financially but why dont students pay they maintenance grant towards their tution fee loan and plus universitys also provide a one to one scholarships worth a thousand pounds.But i dont think students should take it out personally because inshallah allah will helps us out and plus it will have barakt .
wasalam
I'm actually one of those who fits that criteria but there is still money to be paid after.

Last year I only had to pay 700 quid after gov'ment grant + scholarship. Sure it's small compared to 3 grand, but unless you have a job or parents, you'll need a loan to cover it.

thydavidcome
11-07-2007, 09:20 PM
No its not haraam. Let me clarify. Its Haram to CHARGE interest specifically COMPOUND intrest. It never mentions haram to pay interest.

-Hope this helps

Malaikah
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM

^It is haram to pay interest, not only to charge interest!

Anyway, sister I can only advice you to study hard and win a scholarship!

Muezzin
11-13-2007, 12:07 AM
If you live in the UK, and if there's still time, why not apply for a grant? You don't have to pay that back so there's no interest trouble, it's just a means-tested government grant.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.