/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mosques around the World

Dahir
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I see there are some heated topics 'round here...so lets get off on a lighter note and post some of our favorite mosques in the world. One per person. And please make sure to take a captivating shot, something worth showing to others, something that could count as art. Try to get a photo of the mosque in all of its beauty and clarity.

The Blue Mosque in Istanbul

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
:sl:

Nice idea :thumbs_up

The Prophet s.a.w's Mosque, Madinah Munawwarah

I didn't take this photo myself, but its so beautiful i couldn't help but post it :)
Hope you don't mind bro

Umm Hurairah
11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah @ da previous pics. :D:D:D

Only one Masjid? :'(

Badshahi Masjid, Lahore:

Dahir
11-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Note: I didn't take the photo either, I wanted you guys to search google for great photos.

Abuja National Mosque (Nigeria)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
11-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Mosque in South Dali, China

'Abd al-Baari
11-04-2007, 02:31 PM
:sl:

Masjid e Quba, Madinah Munawarrah

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I see there are some heated topics 'round here...so lets get off on a lighter note and post some of our favorite mosques in the world. One per person. And please make sure to take a captivating shot, something worth showing to others, something that could count as art. Try to get a photo of the mosque in all of its beauty and clarity.

The Blue Mosque in Istanbul

*tear*..i wana go back and visit my country...its beautiful.its crazy beautiful.

:w:

nebula
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
i wanted to ask a question regarding the designs of the mosques all around the world...

u kno the way they have the big round thing at the top and the log metal bar with a cresent on top of it.. is that how mosques used to look like back in the day of our prophet muhammed saw?

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
i wanted to ask a question regarding the designs of the mosques all around the world...

u kno the way they have the big round thing at the top and the log metal bar with a cresent on top of it.. is that how mosques used to look like back in the day of our prophet muhammed saw?
lol...dome and minaret...lol

to ur question..i have no answer...i can ask a frend studying architecture,,,bt it'd take me a while to get answers...

so i'll leave it to others:)

Dahir
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
About design, most West African mosques tend to be in a square shape, usually with less glass and more mud/cement concrete. Depending on the environment, mosque design varies to an extreme degree. Mosques in China tend to follow a mix of traditional east Asian design and the dome design.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.