/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free imam anwar

maryam07
11-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Please take a quick moment to sign an online petition to free Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki who has been held in prison since august 2006 with no charges being brought against him.

Sign the petition by clicking on the following link, or copy & pasting it into your address bar.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/128856315

Thankyou

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Thread Approved

sudais1
11-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Salaam

In All honesty I love Sheikh Anwar Awlaki. His lectures are second to none because he has such amazing english mixing with top class arabic which is hard to find. He speaks clearly and brilliantly. From his speeches on the Sahaba to the Importance of Jihad. But I just can't see a petition working. I think it would be much better if we all at LI signed a petiton and sent a copy to Condelezza Rice and the President of Yemen.

Wa Salaam

chacha_jalebi
11-04-2007, 04:59 PM
wasnt he freed a while back thats what i heard . . . . . :mmokay:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
maryam07
11-04-2007, 07:19 PM
sudais1 said:

I think it would be much better if we all at LI signed a petiton and sent a copy to Condelezza Rice and the President of Yemen.

I think its a brilliant idea wish it would happen BUT as we all know this ummah suffers from total APATHY and getting people to take a moment out of their lives to do a totally worthwhile act is a hard task.

Re.TiReD
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
wasnt he freed a while back thats what i heard . . . . . :mmokay:
Really?? where did you hear that? subhanAllah!

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam07
sudais1 said:

I think it would be much better if we all at LI signed a petiton and sent a copy to Condelezza Rice and the President of Yemen.

I think its a brilliant idea wish it would happen BUT as we all know this ummah suffers from total APATHY and getting people to take a moment out of their lives to do a totally worthwhile act is a hard task.

:salamext: sister, I know its sad...few people are prepared to link themselves to Muslims that the west or others think are 'guilty', but how beautiful is this deen of ours! without being aware we are 'connected' or 'linked' to every single Muslim on this planet, because our prophet (saw) has said:

"Each one of you is a mirror for his brother. So if he finds his brother in difficulty, he must remove it" (Tirmithee)

I think its a great idea...

*~Sofia~*
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
:w:

:eek::eek::eek: <---- that was my face when I just read this thread! OMGosh.. I was writing about one of his lectures in a topic just a lil while ago.. and i saw this!
Ive never heard of him before my mate gave me one of his lectures to listen to, and i was hooked! his lectures are sooo wiked mashallah and u just wanna listen to em all day!

wasnt he freed a while back thats what i heard . . . . .
^ so is he still in jail or what?

Neway signed the petition tho...

w'salam

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-04-2007, 07:51 PM
small petitions like this wont get you anywhere...past the stage we are were we can just click a few buttons...and thats it our duty is done...

but i have also heard he has been released...not sure where...

maryam07
11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I can guarantee that he has not been released, on the cage prisoners website, it says that he is still being detained in Yemen without charges, as he has been since august 2006. Despite some people saying that the petition that has been recently creating will not acheive anything, its my way of trying to help, and inshallah you will all still sign it.

Re.TiReD
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Al Aqwa-
small petitions like this wont get you anywhere...past the stage we are were we can just click a few buttons...and thats it our duty is done...

but i have also heard he has been released...not sure where...
:salamext: so you say we just give up and not do anything?? the petition may be small but the thought behind it will be GREAT Insha'Allah! How often do we get muslims standing united for a cause? specially one with a subject as taboo as this one seems to be in todays climate!

sudais1
11-04-2007, 09:56 PM
The Prison he is in Sana'a. It is the most renowed for it's torturing. it has 8 floors of just dark dark cells underground. It's heavliy guarded and the Yemeni police practice torture within. It's a horrible sight. Only Allah knows what the Sheikh is going through. May Allah reward him for his efforts in the deen. He is such a great lecturer and inspirer. I'll make a letter and hopefully will get a lot of people to sign it.

Wa Salaam

*~Sofia~*
11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
I can guarantee that he has not been released, on the cage prisoners website, it says that he is still being detained in Yemen without charges, as he has been since august 2006. Despite some people saying that the petition that has been recently creating will not acheive anything, its my way of trying to help, and inshallah you will all still sign it.

salams,

owwww i was hoping that he was freed..:cry: neway i think the petition is a great idea.. every little helps right? (sorry if im soundin a bit like Tesco!) :lol:

The Prison he is in Sana'a. It is the most renowed for it's torturing. it has 8 floors of just dark dark cells underground. It's heavliy guarded and the Yemeni police practice torture within. It's a horrible sight. Only Allah knows what the Sheikh is going through. May Allah reward him for his efforts in the deen. He is such a great lecturer and inspirer. I'll make a letter and hopefully will get a lot of people to sign it
^ :cry: being tortured n punished for something he didn't even do.. dats so sad :( I pray that Allah (swt) gives him sabr and grants him paradise.

Ameen to ur du'as too.

w'salam

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
he still remains my most beloved speaker/imaam, may Allah release him... i still hav hopes of meeting him one day inshaAllah !

Pk_#2
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
woops, that actually works, darn it, am gonna have ta be from Barbados then :o|

Anyhoo

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) help him inshaAllah wa ta'ala

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-05-2007, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext: so you say we just give up and not do anything?? the petition may be small but the thought behind it will be GREAT Insha'Allah! How often do we get muslims standing united for a cause? specially one with a subject as taboo as this one seems to be in todays climate!
to be honest its pointless

you think that after seeing a couple of people clicking a box..then they'll actually see it...? and even after the 0.000000001 % chance that they see the petition...then you have the 0.0% chance that anything will happen...

be serious...a couple of muslims clicking something...absoloutely pointless (no offence)

who said give up? we are ordered in the Quran, we are ordered in the hadith...so many verses, so many Hadith...yet we all chose to click a box instead of going out...

When we sit at home, and the kuffar are taking our ulemaa...what do you do...click a box....

if we do love these Sheikh as we are making out...and we do love Allah and his messenger...let us act upon it...

maryam07
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
ibn al aqwa said: 'yet we all chose to click a box instead of going out...'

I am NOT suprised at your response because out of the 1.8 billion muslims, majority of them are sitting in their homes knocking down any one who is trying to be slightly proactive.well brother as i see it you are suggesting charging to the prison in Yemen to release imam Anwar Al-Awlaki .KUDOS to you but why stop there ,on your way you could also free our brothers in Belmarsh, guantanamo, Begram,etc.

Power of the pen or as in this case a click of a button could and should bring changes if only we stood togeather instead of bickering amogst ourselves.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/my/dashboard/128856315

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2007, 10:47 PM
we are ordered in the Quran, we are ordered in the hadith...so many verses, so many Hadith...yet we all chose to click a box instead of going out...
sabr bhai... all in good time inshaAllah :)

H4RUN
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
:sl:

May Allash swt make it easy for him and help him achieve his goal! Ameen! He was such an awesome lecturer to listen to, truly one of the best, well in my eyes anyway.
I hope to hear of the good news when he is once again free...

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
btw, i never suggested just charging out thats foolish...

seeing as you completely missed the point, and we've gone off topic...forget it...

yeh Insha'Allah bro IbnAbdulHakim

oh and by the way, they did put charges against him, they said he was providing Iran with weapons, smuggling them in from Yemen

Ummu Sufyaan
11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
(not at you, brother ibn al aqwa)okay, maybe im missing something, but why would he provide weapons to iran. most if them aren't sunni.
who said give up? we are ordered in the Quran, we are ordered in the hadith...so many verses, so many Hadith...yet we all chose to click a box instead of going out...

When we sit at home, and the kuffar are taking our ulemaa...what do you do...click a box....

if we do love these Sheikh as we are making out...and we do love Allah and his messenger...let us act upon it...
:thumbs_up

Re.TiReD
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
to be honest its pointless

you think that after seeing a couple of people clicking a box..then they'll actually see it...? and even after the 0.000000001 &#37; chance that they see the petition...then you have the 0.0% chance that anything will happen...

be serious...a couple of muslims clicking something...absoloutely pointless (no offence)

here's what i think--> you talk about clicking a box rather than going out. But personally, how can I go out and do something more practical? i simply cant, circumstances wont allow it, so I simply sit here and tick a box, if its pointless or not, leave that for me to decide.

But go and ask all them people who didnt know about awlaki, about the fact that he was imprisoned...by spreading this message across forums we may be educating people of the plight of our Imaams and brothers out there rotting in prisons for being totally innocent. These petitions may provoke the thought of many Muslims out there... people for whom it is actually possible to go out there and do something to make a change weather by organising events or fundraisers etc (just out of interest, there was an event 'call for justice' where you live, did you attend?, it was for our brothers in Guantanamo, belmarsh and woodhill)

For all those wishing to do something, but finding they cant, I think this petition is handy. Sorry for the long post, but thats just what i think. SALAAM

And i'm going to sign it now Insha'Allah, didnt get a chance to before ;)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
they said he was providing Iran with weapons, smuggling them in from Yemen
am i the only one who finds this a complete fabrication?

Re.TiReD
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
am i the only one who finds this a complete fabrication?
:salamext: Of course it is, its an untruth.... :w:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
^ untruth? lets just stick to calling it a fabrication ;D

Re.TiReD
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
:salamext: its not true, course its not. I refuse to believe it, a country wicked enough to torture its prisoners is capable too of imprisoning the innocent.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
^ i didnt say its true. From Awlaki's lectures it really sounds as though his too smart to smuggle guns to iran, seriously... iran of all countries aswell lol

maryam07
11-06-2007, 04:05 PM
re:ibn al aqwa

I dont see how i missed the point,what you were implying was that the Quran and Sunnah tell us to do jihad againts the oppressors.
If not then why refer to the two sources,and why talk in riddles,and why claim you know what charges are being brought againts imam anwar al-awlaki without telling us where you got this bizarre information from.

SATalha
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
When Imam Anwar Awlaki came to the ELM. MAshallah he was the most humble person the Bros ever met. One bro was telling me how they prepered so much Breakfeast for him and he just came in to the room......dipped the spoon in to the hunny jar....put it in his mouth.......and that was his breakfeast. Subhanallah these people eat out of Necessity. May Allah hasten his release.

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeh...my bad, it was Somalia...not Iran...

and Maryam07, its not bizarre information...its fact...

and what i was implying is something more understood than told...lets leave it as that Insha'Allah

May Allah hasten his release...

by spreading this message across forums we may be educating people of the plight of our Imaams and brothers out there rotting in prisons for being totally innocent.
this is something more worth spending your time doing...educating the people as well as yourselves, making them aware...

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
^Said like a true brother...

Good point bro...JazakAllah

“Whoever among you sees something wrong should change it with his hands. If he is unable to do so, then with his tongue. If he is unable to do so, then at least hate it in his heart, and that is the weakest of faith.” [Sah&#238;h Muslim]
JazakAllah for the reminder...

maryam07
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I would like to speak to the people who have benefitted from listening to the lectures by Imam Anwar Al Awlaki, please take a moment to sign the petition to free him from a jail in yemen.I know we have learnt a lot about the Deen from him and just for that reason alone we owe him a debt which certainly cant be repaid, this will be a token gesture to help him when he desperately needs our support.

jazak Allah

please sign the petition by clicking on the folowing link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/app...nwar-al-awlaki

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 02:37 AM
does anyone know what jail he's in....

Re.TiReD
11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
WOW! yvonne ridley really signed or did somebody just use her name?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 11:53 AM
lol...i thought that was when i saw this in the top five posters, that it was gonna be the answer to my quesiton. lol

Re.TiReD
11-08-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
lol...i thought that was when i saw this in the top five posters, that it was gonna be the answer to my quesiton. lol
oh sorry, lol sis I think its a prison in yemen, not sure which one though

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
lol...yeah, i knew that. what prion though...

maryam07
11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
response to maryam11

Imam Anwar Al Awalki is being held in Central Prison in Sanna. It is very hard to get any more information about this even though I have tried very very hard.
I hope someone out there can shed more light on this as it is very frustrating to be kept in the dark.

Cognescenti
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
What is the chap in a Yemeni prison for?

Non-violent international pressure might work to effect his release in a Western democracy with a free press, but it seems a pointless exercise in Yemen.

Ayesha Rana
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Assalamu-alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu
Whether it has any effect or not, I\'m signing the petition cos at the very least it will raise our fellow muslims morale and still prove to everyone that we are against what has happened and won\'t ignore it-United we stand!
By the way, even if we cannot go out and take physical action... what happened to the power of prayer? Two things can change fate remember: evil eye and Du\'a.
So pray people. There are 1.8 billion of us... what is there we could not do if we all united for one moment in prayer? Snowflakes are one of the worlds most fragile things... but see what they can do when they get together? So if we care so much for this Imam and millions of innocent people all around the world-how much will it cost us to make a du\'a for them? even if in our hearts... much easier and much more effective dont u agree, than clicking a button?
Take care people and may Allah keep our Iman forever strong
Wassalam
-xxx-

maryam07
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
What is the chap in a Yemeni prison for?

Non-violent international pressure might work to effect his release in a Western democracy with a free press, but it seems a pointless exercise in Yemen.
Western democracy = western superpowers imposing their will on others by any means necessary. And as for free press, DONT KID YOURSELF .

sudais1
11-08-2007, 09:01 PM
This petition is the most useless thing ever. Number 1 do yo u think that Condellza rice would care number two if billions of people coudnt stop the Iraq war then what do think some users on a forum could do? We need other means of freeing our Imams.

maryam07
11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
re: sudais 1

The point of posting the plight of Imam Anwar Al Awlaki on this and other forums was to make people sign the petition, whether anyone signs it or not or whether anyone thinks it is totally pointless is not my concern. The fact is that I am doing something to show unity and loyality towards a
highly respected Scholar.

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-08-2007, 10:49 PM
^ i respect your intentions sister...may Allah reward you for them

(even though i do disagree)...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2007, 05:21 AM
response to maryam11

Imam Anwar Al Awalki is being held in Central Prison in Sanna. It is very hard to get any more information about this even though I have tried very very hard.
I hope someone out there can shed more light on this as it is very frustrating to be kept in the dark.

do you know the name of it in arabic.:sunny:

Ummu Sufyaan
11-11-2007, 12:44 PM
the prison imam anwars in is called Sijin al*Markazi
*i cant remember if its al markazi or just markazi. its a medium secutiry prison, in san3a, yemen. if that info is of any importance to anyone. maybe someone out there's got connections, i dont know.:hidng:

sudais1
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
re: sudais 1

The point of posting the plight of Imam Anwar Al Awlaki on this and other forums was to make people sign the petition, whether anyone signs it or not or whether anyone thinks it is totally pointless is not my concern. The fact is that I am doing something to show unity and loyality towards a
highly respected Scholar.

Maybe I said that a bet to Harsh imsad

Look ukhti, I admire what your doing and I listen to many of this Sheik's lecture to be honest he's my favorite because he has excellent English and Arabic. But do you really think a petition would really do anything? This is the American Government were talking about. The most stubborn and most Arrogant and Corrupt government in the world. I love the Sheikh but the time to talk is over. Muslims have reached the limit of boiling point and Talking won't be enough

Wa Salaam

Re.TiReD
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
erm imsad

I saw this on Ummah forum

Assalaamualaikum,

Insha'Allaah you're well.

It has come to my attention that the petiton which was set up with noble intentions for Imam Anwar Al Awlaki should not be signed as it will have adverse effects on the Imam's family in Yemen (this information was relayed by Cageprisoners).

Please can I ask that NOBODY sign the petition. If you have alread done so, don't worry about it but I urge you not to forward it on and if anyone does forward you the message to relay this information to them.

Many thanks and JazakAllaah khair.

Walaikumsalaam

Your sister

p.s. insha'Allaah once more is known abouth the situation and matters are sorted then the petition will re-open

seeker_of_ilm
11-12-2007, 09:46 PM

^ Heres the e-mail:

Email from cage prisoners:

"Cageprisoners.com" wrote:
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:13:39 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: petition Sh Anwar Awlaqi
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Please do not forward the petition - we were informed a few months ago by
contacts in Yemen (who were in touch with the Sheikh's family) that any
campaign would have a detrimental effect on Sh Anwar's case. Therefore,
for this reason, Cageprisoners have taken no further public action.

Insha'Allah we are in the process of trying to verify his current state
and whether or not a campaign, petition, etc would be appropriate at this
time. Until then please hold off on the petition.

JazaakumAllaahu Khaira
Wassalaamu 'alaykum

Re.TiReD
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Wallahi its so sad! so many people criticised it but I argued that its the least we can do and encouraged everybody to sign, I feel terrible now! :cry:

maryam07
11-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Once again the kuffars, mushrakeen and munafekeen have managed to sow the seed of doubt and made this gullible ummah turn on one another.The simple truth is that Cageprisoners did contact me through care2 petition site
and asked "the petition site be temporary be closed as it would have adverse effects on the Imam's family in Yemen".
I don't buy that for a moment because if that was the case Cage prisoners would not be running a campaign to free Imam Anwar, urging people to write to the Secretary of state and also the Yemeni Ambassodor to U.K. Not only do they provide contact addresses but also sample letters for us to copy and send.
The only difference in what they are doing and what I was hoping to do was instead of it being a indivisual effort it would be a collective and cohesive stand for a very worthy and noble cause.

Cognescenti
11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Once again the kuffars, mushrakeen and munafekeen have managed to sow the seed of doubt and made this gullible ummah turn on one another....
Looks like Operation Seeds of Doubt paid big dividends. Way to go CIA. :nervous:

Cognescenti
11-13-2007, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
..... This is the American Government were talking about. The most stubborn and most Arrogant and Corrupt government in the world. I love the Sheikh but the time to talk is over. Muslims have reached the limit of boiling point and Talking won't be enough

Wa Salaam
Ding...ding....ding

BTW, aren't we talking about Yemen, here? Is that the 51st state? Did I miss something?

seeker_of_ilm
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM

What Kuffar and Mushrikeen? Cageprisoners confirmed this themselves. If you're comfortable continuing with it, then thats your choice.

maryam07
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
What part of my last message did you not understand? I am not accusing. Cage prisioners of being Kuffars ect. However I am accusing them of double standards. If it is ok for them to run a campaign for the release of Imam Anwar Al Awlaki then surely they should welcome anyone who is prepared to contribute towards that effort no matter how small it may be, instead they chose to discredit it under a flimsy excuse; "might cause harm to the Imam's family" without giving any proof of this.
If you read some of the messages on this forum and mainly on the Ummah Forum you will understand how reluctant people are to help a brother in need and sad to say those who have signed are now regretting it.
I would love to know how many of the people trashing the petition have taken on Cage prisoners advice and written letters of support to the relevant authorities.

maryam07
11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I would like to apologise to anyone if they are feeling guilty for signing the
petition. You were sincere in doing so and I was sincere in starting it in the first place. I assumed as there were already several campaigns on various sites, that the petition would be another venue of campagining.
I had initially set a target of 5000 signatures which would have taken a few months to collect and if that target was met i would have then forwarded it on to the people we were advised to contact by Cage prioners website.
I still have many many doubts as to why some people have been so keen to stop this petition and why some have been so rude on the forums without having a clue to whats been going on.

I am willing to suspend the petition providing Cage prisoners keep us all informed to the situation in the future.

Re.TiReD
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
:salamext: this is worth reading...

format_quote Originally Posted by Cageprisoners
Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

JazaakumAllaahu khaira to those who have tried to clarify this issue on our behalf.

Yes, those who asserted that Cageprisoners have information about Imam Anwar on the website are correct - we were the ones to break the news of his detention and to release an urgent appeal at that time. IHRC then followed up with a sample letter campaign.

In subsequent months, at the end of 2006 and early 2007, there were rumours on the internet that Imam Anwar was no longer in custody and had been released; others said he was under house arrest. There was a lot of confusion as we were told by other brothers who were held in Yemen and later released that he was indeed still a prisoner in Sana'a. There was also a post on one sister's blog purportedly from Imam Anwar's brother who affirmed he was in prison but now in isolation.

Cageprisoners had the opportunity earlier this year to be able to have contacts in Yemen to find out more. We were then told at this time that any public campaign would have an adverse effect on the case of the Imam, and that his family had expressed a desire for no campaign. In fact, we were told not to publicise this as his family were very concerned, but circumstances now dictate that we have made it public - to those who ask, there is no 'notice' on our website as a result.

As this had been almost 9 months or more since Cageprisoners and IHRC put out their initial alerts, we did not remove it but we decided to take no further action in light of what we were told; despite many times being approached by Muslims, asking what they can do or wanting to take the campaign further. In some cases we privately explained to these individuals why we could not do so. A lot of the campaign work etc had died down anyway as people responded when it was initially posted on the internet and many believed he had been released, so we did not see it necessary to remove it (it was not prominent on the website either).

I do not know who set up the petition but I believe the sister is sincere and desiring to help the Imam like the rest of you - and took her own initiative in doing so. Normally, there is not an issue with signing such petitions, but sometimes public campaigns can be detrimental to detainees in places such as the Middle East e.g. there are other cases for example in Saudi Arabia that we know of where a public campaign and raising the profile of the case will mean that the brother is tortured and less likely to be released, etc. Such campaigns, petitions etc inevitably are critical of the government and so therefore sometimes they will clamp down harder. Sometimes the family will be targetted. You will find for example families of Guantanamo detainees in Saudi will not make any public campaign for their release, but will use the government channels (private) only, for precisely the same reasons.

When this petition was brought to my attention (before any of the signatories that I know had signed it) I told the sister who emailed us the score and asked her not to forward it or remove it. I don't think that sister took my advice seriously as I soon found it was then forwarded on by another good sister. People here have mentioned br Moazzam as a proof that you should sign it. I wish people would not jump to conclusions - br Moazzam is the spokesman for Cageprisoners and someone I work with; he was not aware of any of these issues as he does not deal with the details of certain cases. He received the email and signed it as he would do any other petition - like the rest of you. I explained that to him once he had begun to circulate it - and there was no opposition from him. Many other sincere individuals have signed it without being aware of these issues - such as people on this forum like Nazia and insomniac, or Yvonne Ridley (again, she was later informed of the situation), or Ann Alexander. We have only spoken out to try to limit the potential harm it can cause because we know that these individuals and others have circulated it to their contact lists - up to hundreds of Muslims per person in some cases - and then onto other organisations, forums, websites etc. I've suggested that the petition is closed for signatories for the time being so we can try to ascertain again if the advice from those in Yemen has changed; in which case it can easily be re-opened for signatures without losing any of the current signatories.

For those who signed it - I don't think you should feel bad insha'Allah. Your niyyah was correct and you will be rewarded for that. We are trying to limit potential harm as we know how these petitions grow, and some of the Care2 petitions are taken quite seriously.

For those who are adamant that they are doing something correct - do you really want to do something when the Imam's family have advised people not to do so (in the recent past)? Should you not respect their wishes despite your personal opinions on the matter? I don't think anyone here is an authority on Yemeni prisons so how do we know what hardship he may face as a result, if sincere human rights activists and his family there advise against it?

As I said we are trying to verify the latest position but it is difficult and takes time so please be patient. It was very difficult to get any information in the first place.

I am not really going to have time to visit the forum for replies, so I'd appreciate it if you have any further queries, or criticisms that you email me at contact@cageprisoners.com, jazaakumAllahu khaira.

Please forgive me if I have offended any of you in my response...

Wassalaamu 'alaykum
taken from Ummah forum...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.