/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *EEK* Got My 1st JOB!!!

AnonymousPoster
11-04-2007, 11:55 AM
AssalaamuAlaykum!!

ok so yeah, basically I'm a sister..gonna be 18 this month inshaAllah..and I finally got ma 1st JOB!!! I really needed a job , for ages, and Alhamdulillah now I finally do! and Allah knows best of why I need it etc etc...

erm..anyway..I wanted to ask - is there anything I should remember? anything I can't do while I'm at work? and I'd really just appreciate it if you all just give me some general naseeha/advice inshaAllah

I know, that Islamic etiquettes, Hijaab (including everything not just the head scarf) should always be observed whether you're working or not!

what else?..I'm kinda nervous so please remember me in ur duaas as well.

:jkk:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IB-Staff
11-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Thread Approved

nebula
11-04-2007, 01:29 PM
congrats sis :D on the job!

well i dnt really kno of anything u should do in particular on ur first day because i havent got a job yet :( i got a mcdonalds application form but i havent filled it out....

just be confident sis believe in urself and be your self and oh yeah read Ar-rahim 100 times and everyone will be more friendly towards you...

best of luck!

InToTheRain
11-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Alhamdullilah, good for you :thumbs_up

Just keep it professional with the opposite sex. And rember that above all else you work for Allah Azza Wa Jal.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
11-04-2007, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
just be confident sis believe in urself and be your self and oh yeah read Ar-rahim 100 times and everyone will be more friendly towards you...
:sl:

What do you mean by "read Ar-rahim 100 times and everyone will be more friendly towards you..."? :?

Advice to OP- if men try to shake your hands, just politely say that your religion does not allow you to shake hands with the opposite gender. :)

nebula
11-04-2007, 01:49 PM
oh i apologise if im wrong but ive got this dua book at home and it says that saying ar-rahim 100 times will save u frm worldy calamities and make everyone friendly towards you.

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:03 PM
^ i have a book at hm which explains the special number etc of recitations for each of Allahs names. it is beautiful...

besides that...to the OP...i dnt know what sort of job it is...but always smile...always.no matter how angry or upset u are...dnt mix personal life with professional life.

be nice to ur work mates.dnt open up too much to em.remember that they will most likely move on..dnt tell em anything u will regret later.:)

always do what the boss says.dnt hesitate to be innovative and add ur own spark here and there...make polite sugestions as to how the place u are working can be improved..just to show em that u are in the pocket...if u have nothing to share--try not to look too dumb:)

if its something a lot more simple like mcdonalds...try not to burn urself...or anyone else.

if it is the food sector...remember that everyone is hungry all the time, and they will get angry if u are slow, mumble or seem incompetent...this is increasingly bad for muslims...

always remember that u represent muslims.dnt get close with male work mates etc...jsut be polite...they mite try to approach u or get close to u by (maybe even genuinely) asking abt islam etc...with the will to learn.try not to take this on by urself.get a male to intervene and help him...

ummm....yeah...i dno...thats abt it...

remember that Allah opens all doors and fields for us to do our true duty-to worship him...and 'spread' his name.dnt hesitate to express ur views politely every now and then.

make lots a dua...it'll all come naturally soon...

peace sis...good luck...:)

snakelegs
11-04-2007, 11:51 PM
this thread title made me laugh. yeah, 1st job is pretty scary - the first few days! :scared:
just want to congratulate you and hope it goes well.

ashley66
11-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Congratulation sis, starting a new job would feel like starting an exciting new adventure. I hope hope you do well. I hope there is a place at your new work for solat. No matter how difficult or busy the work is, don't let the work make you leave any of the solat. Good luck and enjoy your new job.

omar_2133
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Well my advice is pretty much on the obvious, but stay focused on your job at hand, and don't begin any relationships with the opposite sex, just keep it to friendship and not love, otherwise you will be distracted both from your job, and even more importantly, your duty towards Allah.

Remember Allah is there and is with you everytime, and this will help you from commiting sins, and exhibit moral behaviour. If your workmates are mostly non-Muslim, then this is especially important, as their view of your religion is likely to be based on your behaviour, so be an ambassador of Islam.

You never know, they might be impressed with your behaviour, and enquire more about Islam if your behaviour is really good, which you should try to be as open about as possible when they ask.

That's my advice:D. Good luck and may Allah be with you!

Muhammad
11-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Masha'Allaah, some good advice has been given in this thread and perhaps the main points have been covered.

Just remember to maintain your Islamic character as much as possible by avoiding unnecessary contact with men. At work, it's likely you will be invited to parties and things, so don't be pressurized into accepting something you are uncomfortable with. Don't be embarrassed to state what Islam has allowed or not allowed, and that you cannot attend based on this. It's likely that quite soon they will learn what type of person you are and respond to your preferences accordingly.

If possible, try to have working hours and a working environment that are safe and acceptable for you.

One of the most important things is fulfilling your Islamic requirements, namely prayer, which goes for whether we are working, studying or whatever. Try your best to perform each prayer at its proper time and seek out other Muslims with whom you can do this - hopefully they will have a prayer room and if not, you can try and organise something.

Always remember our goal in this life and that we are travelers in this world, meaning don't give all your time to earning money but balancing between working for this life and the next life too.

Also, the people you teach about Islam may not always be non-Muslims - they could be non-practising Muslims. Perhaps you can be a role model for them and help teach them some basic things.

Last of all, place your trust in Allaah (swt) and ask Him to make things easy for you, to increase and preserve your knowledge and faith, and to give you the strength to practise it to the best of your ability.

AnonymousPoster
11-06-2007, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Masha'Allaah, some good advice has been given in this thread and perhaps the main points have been covered.

Just remember to maintain your Islamic character as much as possible by avoiding unnecessary contact with men. At work, it's likely you will be invited to parties and things, so don't be pressurized into accepting something you are uncomfortable with. Don't be embarrassed to state what Islam has allowed or not allowed, and that you cannot attend based on this. It's likely that quite soon they will learn what type of person you are and respond to your preferences accordingly.

If possible, try to have working hours and a working environment that are safe and acceptable for you.

One of the most important things is fulfilling your Islamic requirements, namely prayer, which goes for whether we are working, studying or whatever. Try your best to perform each prayer at its proper time and seek out other Muslims with whom you can do this - hopefully they will have a prayer room and if not, you can try and organise something.

Always remember our goal in this life and that we are travelers in this world, meaning don't give all your time to earning money but balancing between working for this life and the next life too.

Also, the people you teach about Islam may not always be non-Muslims - they could be non-practising Muslims. Perhaps you can be a role model for them and help teach them some basic things.

Last of all, place your trust in Allaah (swt) and ask Him to make things easy for you, to increase and preserve your knowledge and faith, and to give you the strength to practise it to the best of your ability.

جزاك اللهُ خيراً
everyone for your responses. aameeen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!