/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kick A Bad Habit - Criticizing Food

'Abd al-Baari
11-04-2007, 12:10 PM
:salamext:

Criticizing Food

قال الإمامُ مسلمٌ في صحيحِهِ، في كتابِ الأَشْرِبَةِ، بابٌ لا يَعِيبُ الطَّعامَ:
Imaam Muslim collected the following hadeeth in his Saheeh, in the Book of Drinks, under the chapter entitled: (The Believer) Does Not Criticize Food:

حدَّثنا يحيى بنُ يحيى، وزُهَيْرُ بنُ حَرْبٍ، وإسحاقُ بنُ إبراهيمَ _ قال زُهَيْرٌ: حدَّثنا، وقال الآخرانِ: _ أخبرنا جَرِيرٌ، عَنِ الأعمشِ، عن أبي حازمٍ، عن أبي هُرَيْرَةَ، قال: ما عاب رسولُ اللهِ _ صلَّى اللهُ عليه وسلَّم _ طعامًا قطُّ، كان إذا اشتهى شيئًا أكله، وإنْ كَرِهَهُ تركه.

Aboo Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) never criticized food ever. If he wanted something, he would eat it. If he disliked it, he would leave it."

وفي رِوَايَةٍ: ما رأيتُ رسولَ الله _ صلَّى اللهُ عليه وسلَّم _ عاب طعامًا قَطُّ، كان إذا اشتهاه أَكَلَهُ، وإنْ لَمْ يَشْتَهِهِ سَكَتَ.

In another narration he said, "I never saw the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) criticize food ever. If he wanted it, he would eat it. If he did not want it, he would remain silent."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
:salamext:
great post, JazakaAllah khair for sharing.

ummzayd
11-04-2007, 01:01 PM
:sl:

yep this is a bad habit which is widespread among the ummah.....it's good to make these ahadeeth more widely known. Food in general has far too much importance, when we consider the attitude of Rasoolullah pbuh and his companions and their eating habits. (eg the way Ramadan these days is a month of feasting, albeit after sundown).

:w:

Malaikah
11-04-2007, 01:25 PM

Jazakallah khayr. Good reminder!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
11-04-2007, 01:33 PM

great post, JazakaAllah khair for sharing.
Wa Iiyyakum, Jazakallah Khair for reading

yep this is a bad habit which is widespread among the ummah.....it's good to make these ahadeeth more widely known. Food in general has far too much importance, when we consider the attitude of Rasoolullah pbuh and his companions and their eating habits. (eg the way Ramadan these days is a month of feasting, albeit after sundown).
This is so true, we see so many poeple complaining about food its unbelievable and yet there are some people in the world who go without food for days :(

Jazakallah khayr. Good reminder!
No probs, Jazakallah Khair for reading

:) :w:

InToTheRain
11-04-2007, 01:48 PM

Very Benefecial post Akhi. All too often I hear this has too much salt, or this isn't or this or the other tastes better. It's like we complain about the blessings Allah Azza Wa Jal given us. Jazak Allah.

Sahabiyaat
11-04-2007, 02:31 PM
i know,its so hurtful when u spend ages making something and everyone likes it,and ur really chuffed (lol) but then one person has to complain and make u feel like crap,i feel like getting the plate and ....ok we wont go there,this is a violence free forum :D

ummzayd
11-04-2007, 02:46 PM

I read a story recently about an imam that was invited for a meal, and afterwards spoke some words of thanks and blessings to the lady of the house who cooked it - and she burst into tears, cos even tho she was an old lady she never in her life had got praise or thanks for any of the meals she cooked. I can easily believe it.

Pk_#2
11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
JazakAllah khair :'(

Excellent reminder!

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) forgive us and guide us all. Ameen (say Ameen) imsad!

jzcasejz
11-04-2007, 02:50 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i feel like getting the plate and ....
Lol!!

Anyways, good reminder Bro. JazaakAllaah Khayr Abdullaah --> (I pressed da rep button too early so you might get a dodgy rep comment :uhwhat)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.