/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ibn taymiyah

'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2007, 02:23 PM
peace be upon the seekers of truth.

can any1 tell me who the students of ibn taymiyah were (the more u can list the better inshAllah)? and who was the teacher of imam an-nawawi?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abu abdurrahman
11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
:sl:

Ibn Al Qayyim, Al-Dhahabi and Ibn Katheer were students of Ibn Taimiyyah

'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu abdurrahman

Ibn Al Qayyim, Al-Dhahabi and Ibn Katheer were students of Ibn Taimiyyah
walykum salam

was imam nawawi one of ibn taymiyahs students?

Silver Pearl
11-04-2007, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nomadicsoul
walykum salam

was imam nawawi one of ibn taymiyahs students?
:wasalamex

No he wasn't.

Imaam Nawawi (rahimullaah) had about 20 teachers, two of which were Abu Ibraheem Al-Maghribi and Al-Farazi (may Allaah be pleased with them).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

No he wasn't.

Imaam Nawawi (rahimullaah) had about 20 teachers, two of which were Abu Ibraheem Al-Maghribi and Al-Farazi (may Allaah be pleased with them).
jazakAllah khayr

what about Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab?

Pk_#2
11-04-2007, 02:56 PM

No he wasn't.

:D Wow! Braavo, mashaAllah!!

How do you lot know these things?!!

SubhanAllah keep up the work @ braincells.

I want you on my msn Silver Pearl, you're so cool, unless you dun wana be :offended:

chacha_jalebi
11-04-2007, 02:59 PM
jazakAllah khayr

a sheikh called ibrahim ibn saif & his father and brother were also sheikhs so they must have taught him aswell

but quite a lot of sheikh ibn Abdul Wahhabs teachins and ideas were influenced from ibn taymiyyah:D

Silver Pearl
11-04-2007, 03:05 PM
jazakAllah khayr

Wa iyyak

He (rahimullaah) was influenced by Ibn Taymiya (rahimullaah). He studied from his father Abdul Wahhab, as his father (rahimullaah) was from A hanbali scholar lineage. Him and his brother Sulayman Ibn Abdul Wahhab (rahimullaah) both studied the religion.

Umma lol-I'll PM/rep you my email.

'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Wa iyyak

He (rahimullaah) was influenced by Ibn Taymiya (rahimullaah). He studied from his father Abdul Wahhab, as his father (rahimullaah) was from A hanbali scholar lineage. Him and his brother Sulayman Ibn Abdul Wahhab (rahimullaah) both studied the religion.

Umma lol-I'll PM/rep you my email.
so hes never studied under ibn taymiyah? who was the father of of abdul wahab?

chacha_jalebi
11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
lol why dont you just read his biography :p na jokin shokin

he didnt study under ibn taymiyyah, ibn taymiyyah died like 300 years before ibn abdul wahhab was born.

sheikh ibn baz wrote like a bio on him and in there he says that his dads name was sheikh abdul wahhab ibn sulayman :D

'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2007, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
lol why dont you just read his biography :p na jokin shokin

he didnt study under ibn taymiyyah, ibn taymiyyah died like 300 years before ibn abdul wahhab was born.

sheikh ibn baz wrote like a bio on him and in there he says that his dads name was sheikh abdul wahhab ibn sulayman :D
iv been trying to but i dont want brief bios on them i want the whole thing, which i cant find.

chacha_jalebi
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
iv been trying to but i dont want brief bios on them i want the whole thing, which i cant find.
this is what i found after dooing a google search :p aint it simple :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Abd-al-Wahhab

http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?...icle&artid=180

i remember there was this book called heroes of islam something like that and theres a chapter on sheikh ibn abdul wahhab :D so check that out aswell

Mik'hael
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Akhi. Here you go: Right Click>Save As
Life, teachings and Influence of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab Rahima-hullaah
It is 396 pages in length, enjoy. :)

Mik'hael
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mik'hael
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Akhi. Here you go: Right Click>Save As
Life, teachings and Influence of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab Rahima-hullaah
It is 396 pages in length, enjoy. :)
Ick. Sorry , it seems the forum filters out the word '******---'.
I uploaded it on megaupload so you can download it from this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3T2DGANY

(sorry for the double post- i can't seem to figure out how to edit my previous post)

'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2007, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
this is what i found after dooing a google search :p aint it simple :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Abd-al-Wahhab

http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?...icle&artid=180

i remember there was this book called heroes of islam something like that and theres a chapter on sheikh ibn abdul wahhab :D so check that out aswell
wikipedia is an unreliable source but the second link also looks a lil in brief...i mean surly a persons bio cant be like a few pages long.

Mik'hael it starts from page 3, do u have a full 1? and do u have 1 on ibn taymiyah?

Mik'hael
11-04-2007, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mik'hael
Ick. Sorry , it seems the forum filters out the word '******---'.
I uploaded it on megaupload so you can download it from this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3T2DGANY

(sorry for the double post- i can't seem to figure out how to edit my previous post)
wikipedia is an unreliable source but the second link also looks a lil in brief...i mean surly a persons bio cant be like a few pages long.

Mik'hael it starts from page 3, do u have a full 1? and do u have 1 on ibn taymiyah?
What do you mean, it starts from page 3? What i posted is the full one, it is 396 pages. Any clarification would help.
http://abdurrahman.org/seerah/ scroll to the bottom of the page Under the section 'Others' and you should find it, try downloading it, if you have problems with the one i uploaded.

As for one on Shaykh-Ul-Islam Ibn Tayyimah Rahima-ullah, i think i have a detailed one on him somewhere in my favourites. I have to leave now, so Insh'Allah, i'll try getting it tomorrow, if i can find it.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
you can just go to brother ibn ul-aqwas's userpage. he's got something on ibn taymiah, including his teachers. atleast that was the last time i checked.

NobleMuslimUK
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Can anyone list books by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyah, and was Imam Nawawi a muhadith, this maybe off topic but whats the list of trustable and reliable muhadiths after Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim, especially muhadiths of our time, also aalims of tafsir of quran. jazakallah khair in advance.

Mik'hael
11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Can anyone list books by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyah, and was Imam Nawawi a muhadith, this maybe off topic but whats the list of trustable and reliable muhadiths after Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim, especially muhadiths of our time, also aalims of tafsir of quran. jazakallah khair in advance.
List

On this page, you'll find a big list of the books the Shaykh wrote.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.