/* */

PDA

View Full Version : shaykh YASIR QADHI- Alkauthar weekend course in b'ham- prophets pbuh bio

Malaikah
11-05-2007, 06:07 AM

Mercy to the Worlds (£70 incl. VAT)
Seerah 101
By Sheikh Yasir Qadhi
The Great Hall, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET.
Sat 1st - Sun 2nd Dec 2007 - 8.30am - 7.00pm both days (Lunch break 12:30PM - 2:30PM)

Mercy to the Worlds

"Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any difficulty. He is anxious over you, for the believers full of compassion, kindness, and mercy." [At-Tawbah:128]

AlHasan alBasri said: I heard once that a tree cried from missing the Prophet. Are not then, a people who say that they love the Prophet, more worthy of crying from missing him?

And Anas radiallahu anhu used to say: "Wallahi I see the Prophet in my dreams every night... Except the odd nights." Then he would fall down crying begging Allah to allow him to see his beloved even on the odd nights.

Welcome to the first in the series of indept courses on the life of the greatest man that ever lived. Join us as we relive the moments of his life in Makkah from before prophethood to after it and share with our beloved Prophet his times of joy and sorrow. The Mercy to the Worlds is unique in its teaching of Seerah, because it emphasises:

* Authenticity to the highest degree from the works of some of the best muhaqiqeen such as Ibn Hajr rahimahullah.
* Encourages passionate discourse about the effect of each of the major incidents of the Prophet's life and how we can use it as a springboard to giving dawah.
* Encourages critical analysis of the series of events and attempts to draw the maximum benefit from each.
* Attempts to paint a complete picture of the life of the Prophet from all facets.
* Is filled with the most amazing details and benefits gathered from the largest sources of seerah available.

"For me, the study of the seerah was a labour of love. I can't wait to share the joy of studying seerah with my friends." [Quote from a student of Knowledge]

"Its like walking with the Prophet, talking to the Prophet, crying with him, laughing with him. I have never experienced a joy greater than studying about my beloved Prophet." [Quote from a student of Knowledge]

The believers will meet their Prophet at the pond of alKauthar on the plains of resurrection - is it not then appropriate that you study about him at alKauthar as well?

Who is this course for?

* Every Muslim who dearly loves his/her Prophet and wants to learn about his seerah in greater detail
* For every daee who wishes to use the seerah as a platform for dawah
* For the student of the life of the Prophet who wishes to understand the most authentic information available regarding him.
* For every Muslim teacher in Islamic schools who wishes to raise his/her students with the knowledge of the seerah.

What will you come out with at the end of the course?

* A binder complete with notes on the details of the Seerah.
* Hundreds of examples, points of benefit from each incident and how to use it as a platform for dawah.
* Tremendous boost to your emaan.
* Clarification of doubts about the life of the Prophet.
* Motivation to start applying your knowledge of seerah in dawah.

Course materials

When you sign up for a course, at the first session, you will be given a binder full of notes and important reading regarding Seerah. You will be able to take down notes directly in the folder - this will stay with you for your future reference. In addition, the online facility will have extra points for reading and analysis including sample tests to check your understanding.

Course particulars

Faculty: Seerah and History
Type: Core topic
Credits: 3
Duration of Course: 18 hours which includes 4 instructor led sessions of 4 hours each + 2 hours of online tasks

Timing and Venue

Please check the enrolment page for course timings and venue in your city.

Why Enrol?

Knowledge is power. It increases when you give it. It is needed by Kings and beggars alike. It eases the path to paradise. We are constantly reminded in the Qur’an and Sunnah of the importance of gaining Islamic knowledge so as to apply it in our lives. At AlKauthar Institute we have attempted to make this path as easy as possible for a Muslim, but in the end it will require your own individual commitment, dedication and hardwork to gain the pleasure of Allah.

http://www.alkauthar.org/content.asp...=Our%20Courses

To enrol, click here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
11-07-2007, 05:08 AM
For other courses in the UK, please see here:

http://www.alkauthar.org/

Malaikah
11-07-2007, 10:22 AM
:sl:

So is anyone going? It sounds awesome..... and shaykh Yasir Qadhi is just top class of course mashaallah.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2007, 07:56 AM
yeah people, go!! :D yaasir qhadi rocks!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
11-12-2007, 10:26 PM

I know, he is just excellent mashaallah!

Malaikah
11-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Are you people seriously not excited by the news? If I was in the UK I'd be jumping up and down! :mmokay:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

theres too much going on at the moment, however if they ever release a recorded tape of the lectures i would love to hear them inshaAllah.

Al-Hanbali
11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
:salamext:

It would be great if he done one in London. B'ham is a bit too far for me.

------
11-15-2007, 10:53 AM

Even Manchester is nearer to me than Birmingham or London...

Malaikah
11-15-2007, 11:25 AM

Yay! Finally some replies!

Good news, London, B'ham and Manchester are the three cities the classes are run in! :D

For now, this course is only happening in B'ham, but other classes are coming soon to London and Manchester.

London:

Soul Reflections
Purification of the soul
by Ustadh Surkheel Sharif
London: Sat 8th - Sun 9th Dec 2007
Cleanse your soul through the amazing writings of Ibnul-Qayyim. Learn how to purify it and nurture it upon exemplary Islamic manners.

Read more:
http://www.alkauthar.org/content.asp...%20Courses

Manchester:

The Real Deal - BOOK NOW!
Business Transactions 101
by Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury
Manchester: Sat 5th - Sun 6th of Jan 2008
An amazing course on business transactions, covering contemporary issues such as riba, halal investment, commercial law, mortgages and more.

Read more:
http://www.alkauthar.org/content.asp...=Our%20Courses

I've been to a few of the courses, they are brilliant! You will never regret going, inshaallah. They are just SOO good!

By the way, just curious, how long a drive are the three cities from each other?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

whos Ustadh Surkhil Shareef?

hmm...

------
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM

Hmm... WHen something like Soul reflections or Ibn Al Qayyim lecture thing or Mercy to the Worlds comes to Manchester, will go then Inshaa Allaah...

Malaikah
11-15-2007, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
whos Ustadh Surkhil Shareef?

He is apparently pretty well known in the UK...

After having left studying for an MSc in Astrophysics in 1987, Surkheel Sharif (better known as Abu Aaliyah) has been teaching, lecturing and presenting seminars on Islam to Muslim and non-Muslim audiences for the last two decades. He is a regular speaker on the U.K. university circuit and has acted as khatib and imam for various mosques and Islamic centres. Presently he is a khatib at the Eman Foundation in East London.

As a student of Islam's sacred sciences, he has learnt and kept constant contact with various scholars for the past two decades; by Allah's blessing he has managed to study certain primers and texts on theology and law with some of them. These shaykhs include: Shaykh Suhaib Hasan, Shaykh 'Abdullah al-Farsi, Shaykh Abdur-Rahman al-Luwayhiq and Shaykh Haytham al-Haddad. Additionally, a number of scholars have granted him a recommendation to teach. Currently he is completing his MA in Islamic Studies at Birkbeck College, University of London, and hopes to pursue a Phd in a similar field.

He has a number of translations to his name; books translated from Arabic into English. These include: Declaration of Faith; Tenets of Faith; Understanding the Etiquettes of Differing; and Imam al-Sa'di's primer on Islamic spirituality, The Exquisite Pearl. Two books written by him are in the pipeline for publication (God willing). The first is on taqlid and madhhabs. The second is based on the writings of Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, and is called Din Foundations.

He seldom accepts requests to travel and teach abroad (he says that there is more than enough for him to do in the U.K.). Nonetheless, he has visited and delivered lectures in Sri Lanka in 1996; a seminar in the U.S in 2000, and spoke at the Peace Conference, India, in 2004.

For a number of years he was a presenter for Radio Ramadan (operating out of East London) and has made a number of appearances on Islam Channel. He is also the Director of the Jawziyyah Institute where he has written many articles, translations and papers.

Being born and raised in London, this is where Abu Aaliyah resides with his wife and four children.

https://www.alkauthar.org/content.as...%20Instructors

Click on the link to listen to some of his lectures.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
jazakAllaahu khair

im going to listen to his lecture tonight aswell as Nouman Ali Khan, if i find it appealing i'll definitly go inshaAllaah.

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa JizakAllah jannatul firdaws

Ummu Sufyaan
11-15-2007, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Are you people seriously not excited by the news? If I was in the UK I'd be jumping up and down! :mmokay:
lol..yeah, me too.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

well i am a fan of sheikh yasir qadhi, but i dont know much about abu aaliyah, i recall his name though its ringing loadsa bells. Im going to listen to him tonight inshaAllah

Malaikah
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM

I hope you like his style! I listened to his lecture about globalisation and how it relates to Muslims. Was pretty interesting.

al-muslimah
11-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Man i wish I lived in the UK.I would probably have a chance to enroll, enjoy everyone who goes there.Thanx alot now I feel like crying.
Indeed knowledge is power.

Malaikah
11-16-2007, 04:37 AM

They also have classes in Australia and South Africa, in case you live there. If you live in the US (and Canada- I'm not sure), you can check out almaghrib, it is similar to Alkauthar and brilliant too!

tigersabre
11-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Shaykh Yasir Qadhi is an absolutely amazing teacher, masha'Allah. Those of you attending are in for an amazing experience, and those of you missing out, well - it's too bad you can't make it. Shaykh Yasir's lectures are indeed lifechanging for many. He brings a clarity and clearmindedness to any discussion that is refreshingly well-thought out and scholarly, while not stepping over your head or losing your attention span. Check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MH7eSXz0L4

Malaikah
11-29-2007, 07:23 AM
A message from Shaykh Yasir Qadhi about the course:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Malaikah
12-11-2007, 11:44 AM

So did anyone go??

Al-Hanbali
12-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Insha'Allah they're going to br conducting this course in London on the 22nd & 23rd March 2008. Venue to be confirmed.

Insha'Allah might attend this one.

Barakah921
12-24-2007, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

So did anyone go??
yeh i went, subhanAllah it was one of the best courses i have been to, truly amazing! dynamic speaker! its like u were walking with the prophet (saw), everytime an incident was narrated...it fills you up with so much emotions.

Barakah921
12-25-2007, 12:02 AM
check these pearls of wisdon (POWs) the students took down at the course...

http://forums.alkauthar.org/showthread.php?t=2836

one of the most touching moments at the course was when the sheikh described to us the special dua of the prophets.. he explained that each prophet had a special dua that they had made to Allah and it wasnt rejected, all the prophets used their dua in their life time, whilst our prophet muhammad (saw) saved his dua for us till the day of judgement, subhanAllah, how much he loved his ummah!

Al-Hanbali
12-25-2007, 12:43 AM

^ I have to definately attend the one in London insha'Allah. Seems like a really informative course.

kabtq9s
01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
May Allah Reward you

Wa Alsalam Alikom

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.