PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the day of judgement - IBN HAJAR

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Preparing For The Day Of Judgement

By: Imaam Ibn Hajar Al-‘Asqalani

Translated By: S.M Hasan Al-Banna

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7451/310fh3.jpg

A Prophetic tradition states, “Wisdom is the lost property of the believer. If he finds it then he is most deserving of it.” This book is a beautiful compilation of some of the wise sayings of the Prophet (salAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), of the companions, and of the pious predecessors and ascetics. Reflecting on these wise sayings and heeding these counsels will assist in infusing us with the requisite awareness and fervour to prepare for the Day of Judgement. Verily, we are in need of such counsel, for our Day of Judgement begins not when the world ends, but when our life comes to an end – which is indeed imminent – as the Prophet (salAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) stated.

The author, Imam Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani – a scholar of immense stature, especially in the field of hadith – adopted a unique approach in compiling these sayings. He ordered these sayings numerically, beginning each chapter with Prophetic traditions followed by sayings of the Companions, then those of the pious predecessors. This arrangement bears testimony to his encyclopaedic knowledge and creativity.

May the immense wisdom contained in this book enlighten our hearts, open our eyes and awaken us from our state of heedlessness to our real task in this dunya – preparing for the Day of Judgement, as Allah the Almighty says, For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but it is the hearts that are in the chests.

Excerpts from the book:
It is reported that Abu Sulayman al-Darani said in his supplication, “O my Lord, if you ask me about my many sins, I will surely as You for Your forgiveness; and if you ask me about my miserliness, I will surely ask You for Your generosity; and if you make me enter Hell, I will inform the people of Hell that I love You.” 'Umar (radyAllahu`anhu) said, “There are four types of oceans – passion is the ocean of sins, the nafs is the ocean of desires, death is the ocean of lives, and the grave is the ocean of regrets.” The Prophet (salAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “There will come a time for my ummah when they will love five things and forget five others – they will love this world (dunya) and forget the next world; they will love life and forget death; they will love palaces and forget the grave; they will love wealth and forget the [Day of] Account; and they will love creatures and forget the Creator.” Abu Bakr al-Siddiq (radyAllahu`anhu) said, “There are eight things which are adornments for eight others – chastity is the adornment for poverty; gratitude is the adornment for blessings; patience is the adornment for calamity; gentleness is the adornment for knowledge; humility is the adornment for the student; much crying is the adornment for fear [of Allah]; not boasting of one’s generosity to its recipient is the adornment for charity; and complete calmness and inner concentration is the adornment for prayer.”

To Download:

* http://www.archive.org/details/Prepa...DayOfJudgement
* http://www.zshare.net/download/46783944e418a9/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.