/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 18 years closer to death...

Usayd
11-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Asalamualaikum

I wrote an article with my thoughts upon my recent birthday, please read it and comment :)

18 years closer to death

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
11-06-2007, 08:23 PM
*Thread approved*

InToTheRain
11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Jazak Allah :thumbs_up

[PIE]Anwar Al-Awlaki speaks about the celebration of birthdays in one of his lectures, and he makes it so clear. You see the perception in old Europe was that it’s a fight, a challenge between us and nature. Every year that passes by we have won against nature. In the old days when life was rough and there were a few months when they couldn’t plant crops - life was a struggle. I have lived for another year, I have won against the forces of nature that’s why I celebrate my birthday.

But I know that there is no fight against nature. As much as humans try and live forever - death is inevitable. We don’t know when we will die whether it be tomorrow, next year or in 10 years time. Recently I have been reminded of this by examples of people who I know or know of in the last few months - a 3 year old girl never woke up for school. A 12 year old boy collapsed and died whilst playing football. The most profound example for me is a boy who went to my school a few years ago. The reason I always recall this is because I saw him all the time, and then a year after he leaves school he just doesn’t wake up the next morning. No he wasn’t ill, no there weren’t any special circumstances.

So why do we deceive ourselves? Why are we celebrating when we know that another year of our lives has gone, our precious time lost. Every second we loose is a second we will never re-live.

Umar Ibn-Al Khattab said: “Take account of yourselves before your are brought to account.”
[/PIE]

MustafaMc
11-06-2007, 09:00 PM
May Allah (swt) reward you. So young, yet so wise.

After reading your website post, I sit here crying as I type this - today I am 47 years closer to my own death. How many moments of my life do I wish that I could relive to correct the many mistakes I have made. The sad thing is that I am sure that I will make many more mistakes before I die. May Allah (swt) show mercy and forgive me!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al Amaanah
11-06-2007, 09:08 PM
^ ameen and all muslims.

Abida
11-23-2007, 02:15 PM
SubhanAllah.. This really shot me down.. My birthday was in August.. Every second we re closer to death and the time well be asked for what weve done. I pray Allah to forgive us the bad things when we come there.. ameen

------
11-23-2007, 02:20 PM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allaah... so young... yet so wise...

Woodrow
11-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Excellent reminder. Death is our constant companion and always close. at any moment be we 1 minute old or 1 hundred years old, death is no further than one heart beat away.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.